Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

livan126

Again, that line of thinking would allow any movie with animals to be included, diluting what many consider a park with a solid theme and message. Just because the average guest doesn't care (in your opinion) doesn't mean you should just throw things in. It's what typically separates Disney parks from Six Flags, and also why one has been way more successful than the other. It does make a difference, even if guests don't consciously notice it.
But if it's a highly themed city of Zootopia it will be separate from other parks like Six Flags. Guests would love walking into a Zootopia city. Whether it had a message or not.

Biff215

I'm sure if this happens you'll wind up loving it too. I'm sure you hated the idea of Pandora and now love it.
Honestly I was initially skeptical of Pandora but the connection to AK was pretty clear to me. I gave Disney a chance to do it right and from what I have seen online they did. I'll get a chance to see it firsthand next month.

I'm fairly sure I wouldn't love the city of Zootopia at AK no matter how well done. There is literally no connection to the park's current message. And to be honest, I don't believe the movie is deserving of an attraction or land, no matter how much money it made or awards won. It was just okay for me.

Rescue Ranger

I get the whole idea with the train and how it would fit....but no. Leave it "naturally cultural" as it is. I love Planet Watch. Always enjoy watching the animal surgeries. Enhancements to the area I'm all for but only to further what already exists.

Now replace Dinoland with it? YES please if done right. I loved the idea of a Dinosaur themed area, but they executed it terribly. Ruins the entire vibe and feel of the park when you walk by it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
To be fair, zoos are dying because people are slowly realizing keeping animals locked up behind walls and cages and fences is not kosher anymore. Animal Kingdom will soon have tons of room to expand once the animals are rightly returned to nature.

Do you have any statistics to back that up? It would be a shame if true since zoo play a major part in conservation efforts and there are some animals that only exit in zoos now. I also think it is easier to get people to care about animals in the wild when they can see them in person in a zoo.

TeriofTerror

Agreed. Pocahontas, Lion King and AVATAR are all much better fits for the Animal Kingdom than Zootopia.
So, I'm a couple of glasses of wine in, so I have to ask: do you really think Animal Kingdom will see a 5-10% bump in 2017 - particularly considering that Avatar didn't open until the year was half over?
If so, I'd also like to wager for a Disney dinner.:)
I've always loved Flying Fish! ;) <3

RSoxNo1

So, I'm a couple of glasses of wine in, so I have to ask: do you really think Animal Kingdom will see a 5-10% bump in 2017 - particularly considering that Avatar didn't open until the year was half over?
I think Animal Kingdom can get a 5% attendance boost in 2017, but it would likely be at the cost of the other parks. I also have 3 other dinners banked from Derek so if I lose then I don't have to spend time with him (win/win).

No thanks on doubling down, also I'm not a seafood fan.

twebber55

so right now it looks roughly like 4% resort wide with 12% at DAK
not bad considering the international traveling crisis we have going on because of politics

wdwfan4ver

To be fair, zoos are dying because people are slowly realizing keeping animals locked up behind walls and cages and fences is not kosher anymore. Animal Kingdom will soon have tons of room to expand once the animals are rightly returned to nature.
I know Peta is against Zoos. I don't want to go too much into them here outside of them having a reputation of having their priorities wrong.

There is a problem with your comment. People still are shooting Elephants for ivory despite it being illegal. Some people still shoot elephants for fun. Matter of fact back in 2011, the founder of Godaddy.com shoot an Elephant on a Safari in Zimbabwe and it got video recorded:arghh::banghead::facepalm:. There was reports of Elephants being shoot in elephant sanctuaries illegally in the past.

My point is if those animals are being brought back to the wild, they will be killed by mankind by guns and species of animals become extinct.

Last edited:

Kman101

Peta needs to focus on places that actually harm animals and put their efforts elsewhere. Lots of Zoos and places like them take very good care of animals. How do they know an animal isn't happy where they are? How about the elephants tortured in order to be servants and carry people on top of them. Where's Peta cracking down on that? Instead they focus on companies and zoos who do good things. Certain places, yes, probably don't treat their animals well.

Anyway, back to Zootopia. I really liked the movie and I've thought of them putting Zootopia where Planet Watch is but I too have a hard time seeing it in AK but that doesn't mean they won't do it :/ And Martin has mentioned before the train going bye bye but yet if they put Zootopia there, eliminating the train would be dumb, so I don't know what they'll do.

tl77

The site which we can't link to has reported this rumor. It doesn't site any sources but
The basic summary is that a zootopia land may be built where Rafiki Planet Watch is right now.

I did not see a thread on it but wanted to gauge the accuracy or validity to the rumour. Is this somthing they are considering so close on the heels of the Pandora expansion at DAK?

The way Disney was cross promoting Zootopia with Animal Kingdom it seems like it's just a matter of time before this happens... The cast all did press interviews from the Animal Kingdom lodge, there is a "thank you" to Animal Kingdom in the credits of the film because in the "making of" feature on the Blu-Ray they explain that their first step toward doing research for the movie was going to visit the Animal Kingdom park, and Rafiki's Planet Watch also had a small tie in exhibit with the film when it was first released in theaters, and Zootopia is basically just a "buddy cop" detective story, which they could easily do endless sequels to, so like Star Wars, Toy Story, and Cars, it's something that will hang around for a while

I think Animal Kingdom could use a "Fantasyland" type of area anyway, and then they could finally build a proper Dinoland. Plus they could also use a replacement for that great afternoon parade they used to have, and Zootopia would fit into that pretty well with that song Shakira did for the movie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom