Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Bairstow

I'm not wild about involving the rescuers cartoon, but an outback area could be so much fun.

Quick- somebody send Rohde on a 2-month long, all expenses paid "fact finding" tour!

daly-waters-pub.jpg

07-Larrimah%20Hotel%20(2).JPG

Bocabear

Zootopia is a land of anthropomorphic animals...Conservation is not the theme of the movie... So honestly it doesn't really fit Animal Kingdom other than they are animals... If Zootopia fits Animal Kingdom, then so does Robin Hood.
Honestly Moana would be a better fit if they built a new aquarium and did a section of the park based on the animals of the Pacific Islands...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Zootopia is a land of anthropomorphic animals...Conservation is not the theme of the movie... So honestly it doesn't really fit Animal Kingdom other than they are animals... If Zootopia fits Animal Kingdom, then so does Robin Hood.
Honestly Moana would be a better fit if they built a new aquarium and did a section of the park based on the animals of the Pacific Islands...

You must be aware of MBA's small capability for non-mathematical thought and no comprehension of art or theme. MBA thinking runs along these lines. Zootopia has Animals, AK Has animals therefore Zootopia fits in AK,

It's like the first proof in introduction to formal logic courses, I have red cheeks, an Apple has red cheeks therefore I am an Apple...

livan126

Why does it matter if conservation is there or not? How does Everest fit conservation? Or Dinosaur?
I'm sure the average guest is wondering "why haven't they put Zootopia in AK? It makes perfect sense.". Makes sense to me.

Bocabear

You must be aware of MBA's small capability for non-mathematical thought and no comprehension of art or theme. MBA thinking runs along these lines. Zootopia has Animals, AK Has animals therefore Zootopia fits in AK,

It's like the first proof in introduction to formal logic courses, I have red cheeks, an Apple has red cheeks therefore I am an Apple...
LOL! I know...that is really how it seems some of the creative thinking is being done at Disney these days...

Biff215

Why does it matter if conservation is there or not? How does Everest fit conservation? Or Dinosaur?
I'm sure the average guest is wondering "why haven't they put Zootopia in AK? It makes perfect sense.". Makes sense to me.
Everest fits the original mythical theme that the park was designed with and fits nicely in Asia since it's based in an actual location. Dinosaur is the anchor attraction for Dinoland, this time highlighting actual (extinct) animals. Conservation is a core theme, but certainly not the only qualifier.

So honest question...how does Zootopia fit?

EvilChameleon

To be fair, zoos are dying because people are slowly realizing keeping animals locked up behind walls and cages and fences is not kosher anymore. Animal Kingdom will soon have tons of room to expand once the animals are rightly returned to nature.

livan126

Everest fits the original mythical theme that the park was designed with and fits nicely in Asia since it's based in an actual location. Dinosaur is the anchor attraction for Dinoland, this time highlighting actual (extinct) animals. Conservation is a core theme, but certainly not the only qualifier.

So honest question...how does Zootopia fit?
I only mentioned conservation because that's what I see everyone crying about how Zootopia wouldn't fit.
Zootopia fits because they are animals. Yea, it's dumb logic, but the average guest doesn't care about some underlining theme. They see animals as the theme. It's a city full of animals, so why not?

Biff215

I only mentioned conservation because that's what I see everyone crying about how Zootopia wouldn't fit.
Zootopia fits because they are animals. Yea, it's dumb logic, but the average guest doesn't care about some underlining theme. They see animals as the theme. It's a city full of animals, so why not?
Again, that line of thinking would allow any movie with animals to be included, diluting what many consider a park with a solid theme and message. Just because the average guest doesn't care (in your opinion) doesn't mean you should just throw things in. It's what typically separates Disney parks from Six Flags, and also why one has been way more successful than the other. It does make a difference, even if guests don't consciously notice it.

Bairstow

How does Everest fit conservation?
The idea is that the Yeti is the guardian of the Forbidden Mountain, and while he has tolerated past incursions by respectful explorers in the past he objects to the train line being built up there. The ride shows him literally tearing the train tracks off the mountain and chasing you down.

Pamdora has an overt conservation message embedded in the macro storytelling in the land. The movie was very on the nose and the various preshow elements reference this.

Dinosaur isn't as overt as Everest, the Safari, or Kali River, but it was originally named Countdown to Extiction, perhaps referencing that all species are vulnerable to something.

livan126

The idea is that the Yeti is the guardian of the Forbidden Mountain, and while he has tolerated past incursions by respectful explorers in the past he objects to the train line being built up there. The ride shows him literally tearing the train tracks off the mountain and chasing you down.

Pamdora has an overt conservation message embedded in the macro storytelling in the land. The movie was very on the nose and the various preshow elements reference this.

Dinosaur isn't as overt as Everest, the Safari, or Kali River, but it was originally named Countdown to Extiction, perhaps referencing that all species are vulnerable to something.
And I'm sure 1% of the guests walking the park know that, so who cares if some other attraction sticks to that message?

Rider

The main issue with Zootopia vs other IPs in animal kingdom is that the setting is a gleaming modern city.

For the same reasons that the UK or Japan pavilions in Epcot are not modern version of London or Tokyo you would not see Zootopia. It just isn't the kind of place people expect when they think of Animal Kingdom.

Now characters or an attraction from the movie getting placed in AK at some point? Maybe a new Tree of Like film? Maybe. But a modern Zootopia land? No.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom