News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

MagicHappens1971

I don't think they can come close to recreating that at Animal Kingdom. Not sure how they could add domed screen displays to the Dinosaur ride system.

I guess they could gut the building like GMR and then use trackless to actually clone the Shanghai attraction, though.
I think if they were gonna repurpose Dinosaur they would use the existing infrastructure

UNCgolf

I think if they were gonna repurpose Dinosaur they would use the existing infrastructure

I do too; that's why I don't think the Shanghai attraction will be copied over (if this ever gets built).

It might be used as a base to work off of, but it'll need major changes to be put into the Dinosaur ride system. That could potentially be a blessing, as they might decide to either leave Dinosaur as-is because of the costs or pivot to something else entirely since it'll require a ton of creative and design work anyways.

Disney Maddux

They officially announced at D23 expo that:

(per https://blogmickey.com/2022/09/imag...pia-attraction-coming-to-shanghai-disneyland/)

We also know that the attraction title is "Zootopia: Hot Pursuit" per the WDAS creative legacy team.

Who they are in pursuit of hasn't been formally announced but you hear things talking to people. Similar traits to "Rise of the Resistance" is quite literal in that both plots involve prisoners.
But nowhere in there does it say that it's just Bellwether escaping, just a crazy chase through the city like we all figured.

MagicHappens1971

I do too; that's why I don't think the Shanghai attraction will be copied over (if this ever gets built).

It might be used as a base to work off of, but it'll need major changes to be put into the Dinosaur ride system. That could potentially be a blessing, as they might decide to either leave Dinosaur as-is because of the costs or pivot to something else entirely since it'll require a ton of creative and design work anyways.
They could use the animatronic models and such and replicate that, but I’m sure you’re right. Also, how is Dinosaurs capacity? There’s never really a wait but I’m assuming because there isn’t a lot of interest in Dinosaur

Elijah Abrams

In the Parks
Yes
I don't think they can come close to recreating that at Animal Kingdom. Not sure how they could add domed screen displays to the Dinosaur ride system.

I guess they could gut the building like GMR and then use trackless to actually clone the Shanghai attraction, though.

We’re not even sure how big the Zootopia ride in Shanghai will be in terms of size. That might be an issue with getting it to Animal Kingdom to replace Dinosaur. I can also agree with @999th Happy Haunt on the issue of bringing Zootopia to AK. Putting an urban city area in that park will hurt its nature aesthetic.

MagicHappens1971

We’re not even sure how big the Zootopia ride in Shanghai will be in terms of size. That might be an issue with getting it to Animal Kingdom to replace Dinosaur. I can also agree with @999th Happy Haunt on the issue of bringing Zootopia to AK. Putting an urban city area in that park will hurt its nature aesthetic.
The could go with one of the biomes from the film, I remember there being a pretty intense jungle, and instead of a chase through the city it’s a chase through the jungle running from the predators or some nonsense

Brer Panther

And the Zootopia ride is gonna be TRACKLESS, too?

I am so tired of trackless dark rides. The novelty has worn off, and nowadays "trackless" equals "moves very slowly and parks the riders in front of a screen at some point". I don't think the trackless ride system would even fit a Zootopia ride that focuses on chasing crooks through the city.

FigmentFan82

I literally could not disagree more. Zootopia is such a horrible match for a ride vehicle that is far too intense to represent a franchise with the target audience being children. And if they're just going to tone down the motion than what's the point. This isn't even considering how an urban setting will never fit in Animal Kingdom.
Agree to disagree, however the ride vehicle is a perfect match for Judy's police truck seen at the end of the film and the target audience is all audiences, not just kids. Wish people would quit acting like animation is only for 3 year olds. It's such a shame most in the US view animation as less than. Maybe actually realize that an animated film can be for all audiences, not just little wee tikes, and that may broaden your horizons

Timothy_Q

Zootopia 72.000 sq.ft
Dinosaur 72.000 sq.ft

lol

1676389544417.png

1676389672925.png

UNCgolf

Agree to disagree, however the ride vehicle is a perfect match for Judy's police truck seen at the end of the film and the target audience is all audiences, not just kids. Wish people would quit acting like animation is only for 3 year olds. It's such a shame most in the US view animation as less than. Maybe actually realize that an animated film can be for all audiences, not just little wee tikes, and that may broaden your horizons

It's not that the target audience is solely kids; it's that they are a major part of the target audience (not just for Zootopia but for WDW as a whole).

Disney isn't building a Zootopia attraction for adults. That doesn't mean it can't also appeal to adults, but they're certainly not planning to build a ride that's intended for adults over kids.

Regardless, I don't think Dinosaur is so intense as to be prohibitive for kids who meet the height requirement.

Last edited:

999th Happy Haunt

The could go with one of the biomes from the film, I remember there being a pretty intense jungle, and instead of a chase through the city it’s a chase through the jungle running from the predators or some nonsense
If you’ve seen the film and remember the themes a ride representing running from predators would be incredibly problematic.

999th Happy Haunt

Sure anyone can watch the films, but what happens when a family can’t all go on the Zootopia ride together because the youngest kid (who’s also probably the biggest fan of the movie) isn’t tall enough to ride? Or when that kid is just tall enough but doesn’t expect to get whipped around on the vehicles like Dino currently does. Splash to Tiana has the same issue.

doctornick

And the Zootopia ride is gonna be TRACKLESS, too?

I am so tired of trackless dark rides. The novelty has worn off, and nowadays "trackless" equals "moves very slowly and parks the riders in front of a screen at some point". I don't think the trackless ride system would even fit a Zootopia ride that focuses on chasing crooks through the city.

Well, the Zootopia ride in Shanghai will be trackless and I think that would be the only such ride using that system at that resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom