News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Clark_Griswold

Just seen Chris Beatty and a gaggle of Imagineer type people leaving Chester and Hester. Unfortunately they were just walking out under the cementosaurus towards the ex Rivers of Light arena (which Chris did a general hand wave towards) before heading towards Asia.

View attachment 738216

On a separate note for those who don’t visit the Dinosaur thread all of the animatronics are now working/have been fixed in the last week or so even the ones that haven’t worked for months. So make of that what you will.
Are you inferring that the animatronics were repaired due to the visit by the Imagineers? I had heard that DAK would get all of the Expedition Everest effects working before Joe Rhode would visit.

Bocabear

Look, the MK does not have a save the oceans conservation theme... but Animal Kingdom has a very strong conservation theme that runs through the entire property... If they created a Pacific Rim region of the park and had some Flora and Fauna appropriate, it would fit well into the fabric of the park. It certainly has the appropriate look...with Africa, Southeast Asia, Jungle Habitats... the environment is certainly the best match of any of the parks... A tidal pool exploration trail with fish and aquatic creatures.... A perfect fit tonally.

Mickeynerd17

Look, the MK does not have a save the oceans conservation theme... but Animal Kingdom has a very strong conservation theme that runs through the entire property... If they created a Pacific Rim region of the park and had some Flora and Fauna appropriate, it would fit well into the fabric of the park. It certainly has the appropriate look...with Africa, Southeast Asia, Jungle Habitats... the environment is certainly the best match of any of the parks... A tidal pool exploration trail with fish and aquatic creatures.... A perfect fit tonally.
Agreed.

I just wish they would leave Dinosaur alone. It's one of the most underrated rides on property and a personal favorite of mine. At this point, they can raze Dinoland USA all they want, but please leave Dinosaur out.

They'll do it anyway though. Time to get my camera and film what I can.

Ayla

Very well said!

I think that what Disney needs right now is NOT the "Pixie Duster" crowd. Foe a while, I feel that Disney themselves, internaly, have become their own "Pixie Dusters". They kept looking into a mirror and seeing their own reflection and telling themselves "You look great...everything is fine!"

Its not fine....Disney, stop believing your own Pixie Dust! What they need is a top to bottom hard and HONEST look at themselves and return back to the ROOTS of this company. It took Disney 100 years to grow as a TRUSTED brand by everybody. Today...from what I can see..that public trust is crumbling fast. Disney is no longer a TRUSTED brand and that dis-trust is growing fast.

As for the parks...I feel that they need new leadership and Disney needs to stop sucking up parks profits to prop up other failing areas of the company! Disney could have built THREE new parks for the money they have dumped into D+. Those would have at least been profitable whereas D+ is still gushing blood and losing money every day that goes by. Even if D+ can get to a break even point. How many decades will it take to make back the original billions that were dumped into it to start it? Maybe never?

D+ is killing the parks because Disney thinks their parks are "bullet proof". No...Disney...they are NOT bullet proof!!. If parks demand continues to drop...Disney is in big..BIG..trouble! Yes...it's already started. (Hopefully it's only temporary)

Get Joe Rode back. Whatever happened between Disney and Joe Rohde needs to be repaired. Beg this man to come back and then give him the keys to the creative car and let HIM drive it!

Sorry if my opinion is disturbing or offensive to anybody. I know that many prople only want to hear that everything with Disney is fine and OK.
No matter what your opinion is, stop apologizing for it!

Surferboy567

To add to that, I think adding another water ride would be very nice for the whole resort since the library of water themed rides not named Splash Mountain or Kali River Rapids is non-existent. Moana also just works well for a theme they really need to take a go big or go home approach with this one. Could be an instant classic if done right all the ingredients are there at least in theory.

Moana also deserves a "proper" attraction that isn't a (admittedly nice but underwhelming) water trail.

Surferboy567

Even if the water trail is great, it is still a water trail and splash pad... The IP deserved a better treatment...and what they built deserved to be in a place where it properly fit and added to the surrounding environment...
Agreed, all fair points. Hoping it gets the justice it deserves as an actual attraction.

J4546

It's hard to compete with universal when it comes to dunosaurs but I still love them. Maybe they could retheme the dinosaur ride and area into beastly kingdoms?

DisneyDean97

I haven't been caught up on this topic in a while, but where do we stand. Are we even sure what Josh announced at D23 is going to happen... and the way Disney moves in terms of construction timelines... this thing won't open until 2026 the absolute earliest. It's crazy to think Disney allowed itself to have a gap in opening new attractions, just as Universal's Epic Universe opens 2025. I have a feeling the latter half of the 2020s is going to be owned by Universal not Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom