News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

UNCgolf

The half day park thing is relative, though -- for me, DHS and both current Universal parks are half day parks, but I could easily spend a full day at DAK.

It just depends on what attractions etc. interest people. Islands of Adventure definitely isn't a half day park for most people even if it is for me, but USF probably is for a significant number.

SpectreJordan

The half day park thing is relative, though -- for me, DHS and both current Universal parks are half day parks, but I could easily spend a full day at DAK.

It just depends on what attractions etc. interest people. Islands of Adventure definitely isn't a half day park for most people even if it is for me, but USF probably is for a significant number.
USF is like a 2 hour park for me lmaooo

TheMaxRebo

So, shoot me for never liking the mythical creatures idea thingy. Granted, the Yeti is great. I guess if they went with Nessie and a Kraken. Despite the obvious loss of intellect, Zootopia makes sense in a Disney theme park. Why not put it in what the general public views as Disney’s zoo? But if push came to shove and I was a Disney Exec, I would double down on dinosaurs. The ”fad” still grips young boys at the very least. And having had my daughter “grow up” in Disney parks, the boneyard is an incredible place for the kiddos. Soo very wish washy, but I’m a big fan that has made a twice yearly pilgrimage for 15 years now. That said, reading my own post says to me there will never be a perfect answer to how to expand AK.

To me the best case is put Moana where Chester and Hester is and then revamp Countdown to Extinction to be, well, significantly better and keep the boneyard, etc.

Then split it into two mini-lands - can still have Dino and associated merch and then a South Pacific land with Moana and the Nemo show

Cliff

I think Joe Rhode is still heading up Virgin Galactic, which seems like a pretty amazing job opportunity for him ( I may be out of touch on that). With that being said -- he had all the integrity and vision of Walt and many of our other favorite 'imaginers.' Disney is still a magical place, but we need more 'new' and it has to be built faster. The years it takes to add on attractions is the biggest problem I have. 4-5 years from announcements in many cases is atrocious.

Many on these boards don't think EU will take away crowds -- I whole heartedly disagree. Universal will soon have 3 theme parks, one of which with entirely new technology and offerings and will absolutely be sole reasons families start vacationing to Florida. At two theme parks and a water park, it is hard to design a 'week's long vacation' around that portfolio, but you add a completely immersive 3rd park? Universal may have just become a 4-5 day vacation for families while Animal Kingdom is still very much a HALF DAY PARK.
I think that DAK needs a Night Time Spectacular badly. I loved the "original" Rivers of Light but if we cant have that back then a new show...with NEW and ORIGINAL story with no movie IP could be a cool idea. Make it about REAL animales, real ecologies and real biology. Make it about life and death on Earth and how it all began. Make it real and actually "teach" people something.

I think an Australia land that has several animals that exist only on Australia. (Kangaroos, Koalas, platapus and many more...they have some really cool animals there)

But please...whatever they do...no Zootopia!

UNCgolf

It's basically Diagon Alley (which is admittedly amazing), E.T. Adventure, and Revenge of the Mummy. The Simpsons area is fun to walk around but the food there is as bad as I've ever eaten in my life. There are some neat facades to see too, but that's about it.

It was a much better park in the 1990s than it is now; the attraction lineup was stronger. Losing Diagon Alley would hurt since it's so good, but the Jaws ride it replaced was pretty incredible too (albeit with significant operational problems).

Last edited:

Eric Graham

It's basically Diagon Alley (which is admittedly amazing), E.T. Adventure, and Revenge of the Mummy. The Simpsons area is fun to walk around but the food there is as bad as I've ever eaten in my life. There are some neat facades to see too, but that's basically it.

It was a much better park in the 1990s than it is now; the attraction lineup was stronger. Losing Diagon Alley would hurt since it's so good, but the Jaws ride it replaced was pretty incredible too (albeit with significant operational problems).
Have you seen some of the developments of Epic Universe at Universal through online websites? It looks AMAZING! The huge doughnut at the Simpsons was kind of fun to buy and alright!

J4546

same here, not much in that park thats very good at all imo. Bourne Show is great, Mummy is good.....then theres a pretty big fall off to Gringotts and others. Though Daigon Alley is a beautiful land though, shame theres only 1 meh ride. Simpsons land is dated and meh, Fallon SHow and Minions area is meh, Rip Ride Rocket is ok, Transformers is ok, MIB is ok.....After EU I hope they dump some money into USF

Universals Islands of Adventure on the other hand is a great park throughout

Eric Graham

Speaking of animals, I would watch out when you click on emails. The raccoon malware is emerging again. And, I'm not talking about that cute raccoon Meeko!

rd805

Nahh! Mummy, Transformers, Gringotts, ET, MIB are all great, and Simpsons, Jimmy Fallon, Rip Ride Rockit, both Despicable Me attractions have some novelty value too! (too much screens, yes). Still more than Animal Kingdom lol

Rich Brownn

It's basically Diagon Alley (which is admittedly amazing), E.T. Adventure, and Revenge of the Mummy. The Simpsons area is fun to walk around but the food there is as bad as I've ever eaten in my life. There are some neat facades to see too, but that's basically it.

Add Bourne at least one time. Its pretty spectacular

ToTBellHop

But it could be.

Like Peter Pan, Ratatouille, Star Wars, and Cars.
1692663100597.jpeg

TheMaxRebo

Best case is to put Moana in a park/land that actually makes sense... Not Epcot. Not AK....

Magic Kingdom... Adventureland.

Fair .... Of the options tossed around I at least see a way that Moana kinda fits - just the respecting water/the natural world, definitely some level of conservation

I just really don't want to see Zootopia in AK so trying to find a middle ground lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom