News Zootopia and Moana Blue Sky concepts for Disney's Animal Kingdom

Horizonsfan

Between the Cretaceous trail, link between Dinosaur and Chester/Hester’s, and Dinosaurs (unnecessary) extended queue, there’d still be quite a bit of expansion land in a shrunken Dinoland. I wish they’d take that route.

You wouldn’t be able to squeeze in any E’s, but you could conceivably add in 1 or 2 fantasyland-sized C tickets. When you combine that with an upgraded Dinosaur, The Boneyard and Restaurantosaurus, that’s a pretty solid land.

aladdin2007

The obvious answer to me is a slow dark ride through a “zoo” of (audio animatronic) dinosaurs with actual audio commentary providing information of which ones you are seeing. The premise could easily be that these are the rehabbed Dinos that the Dino Institute has broke back injured from the past and natured back to health.
kind of sounds like Walt's Magic Skyway, which I am all for lol. they could just use his narration.

Cmdr_Crimson

The obvious answer to me is a slow dark ride through a “zoo” of (audio animatronic) dinosaurs with actual audio commentary providing information of which ones you are seeing.
Now where did I hear that before???
tumblr_npzj3l0Ujm1uxke6do4_r1_540.gif

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I want to make it clear right at the top that I am NOT in favor of a Dinosaur retheme.

However…

I think they could reskin it to a Moana ride fairly easily. Make it a nighttime ride on Moana’s boat through stormy seas. You could have scary encounters with Tamatoa and Te Ka. Finally use that Grandma Storylight they never got to cram into Spaceship Earth. Maybe Maui transforms into a dinosaur, just as a nod to what was there.

SpectreJordan

Nahh! Mummy, Transformers, Gringotts, ET, MIB are all great, and Simpsons, Jimmy Fallon, Rip Ride Rockit, both Despicable Me attractions have some novelty value too! (too much screens, yes). Still more than Animal Kingdom lol
I personally don't like any of those over Everest, the Safari & Flights of Passage. & for me, what AK lacks in ride it makes up for in theming, other things to do (animal watching & shows) & food.

USF is a food desert outside of Diagon Alley... & maybe the Minion Cafe, that actually looks good but I haven't been to it yet.

ToTBellHop

I want to make it clear right at the top that I am NOT in favor of a Dinosaur retheme.

However…

I think they could reskin it to a Moana ride fairly easily. Make it a nighttime ride on Moana’s boat through stormy seas. You could have scary encounters with Tamatoa and Te Ka. Finally use that Grandma Storylight they never got to cram into Spaceship Earth. Maybe Maui transforms into a dinosaur, just as a nod to what was there.
Turn the Time Rover into a boat without water?

DKampy

I personally don't like any of those over Everest, the Safari & Flights of Passage. & for me, what AK lacks in ride it makes up for in theming, other things to do (animal watching & shows) & food.

USF is a food desert outside of Diagon Alley... & maybe the Minion Cafe, that actually looks good but I haven't been to it yet.
My wife and I love Animal Kingdom..,, it is our favorite park.., we love the relaxing vibe of the park…we sometimes plan trips around just visiting DAK

SpectreJordan

In my wildest dreams, I think, if everything must be an IP now and they're throwing money at the stupidest concepts possible with the slightest bit of name recognition, why not try out a Dinosaur ride movie?

(Not the Dinosaur movie that's barely related)

The plot's already there and it would be a great setup for an adventure movie. Remove the tourist element and make up some scientists who can go back with Seeker. Incorporate some of the more popular dinosaurs if you need to.

So long as they don't do something stupid like hire the person who wrote 2016 Ghostbusters it could be a lot of fun.

It could help drum up interest. And if it didn't, it's not like the movie department isn't burning money as it is...

But that'll never happen.
A Countdown to Extinction movie could be great. If Disney is desperate for franchises & looking to the parks for them, then I think that ride & Everest could be really fun films.

Someone needs to give Universal a run for their money in the dinosaur movie department. Garbage no one even likes like Jurassic World: Dominion is making a billion dollars just because people want to see dinosaurs... which that movie barely had lmao

ToTBellHop

A Countdown to Extinction movie could be great. If Disney is desperate for franchises & looking to the parks for them, then I think that ride & Everest could be really fun films.

Someone needs to give Universal a run for their money in the dinosaur movie department. Garbage no one even likes like Jurassic World: Dominion is making a billion dollars just because people want to see dinosaurs... which that movie barely had lmao
*No critics liked it. Audience score was 77% on Rotten Tomatoes. So, someone liked it.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I usually require water to believe I’m in the water. I be don’t actually believe I’m in a boat at the end of the Pooh ride. But, it’s fine there because it’s a quaint C ticket.
Judicious use of paint and some light projection effects. Background’s audio of lapping water and waves. Some 4D spray and salt smells. The darkness would help sell it. Maybe even add some water in the load station, if they’re feeling ambitious. Not perfect, but it could be done.

SpectreJordan

When it’s all said and done AK will have the same number of rides as when Primeval Whirl was open… if they really want to do Zootopia it should be a new build along with a refreshed Dinosaur.
DAK has a couple expansion pads that have just been sitting there for 25 years. It's crazy they're thinking of replacing instead of building. It just has to be a money saving tactic.

TheMaxRebo

DAK has a couple expansion pads that have just been sitting there for 25 years. It's crazy they're thinking of replacing instead of building. It just has to be a money saving tactic.

I get wanting to redo the Chester/Heater part - really not much there now and even compared to when Primeval Whirl was there, anything new would absorb a lot more capacity/interest, so creating increased demand to that area would be a bit of a net increase

But Dinosaur, even it its current state is fairly popular and takes in decent capacity, etc - changing that to Zootopia or whatever won't really improve capacity in the park - definitely would rather see them expand Pandora or something instead of that part of it

SpectreJordan

I get wanting to redo the Chester/Heater part - really not much there now and even compared to when Primeval Whirl was there, anything new would absorb a lot more capacity/interest, so creating increased demand to that area would be a bit of a net increase

But Dinosaur, even it its current state is fairly popular and takes in decent capacity, etc - changing that to Zootopia or whatever won't really improve capacity in the park - definitely would rather see them expand Pandora or something instead of that part of it
They should definitely fast track another Avatar ride after Way of Water proved that Avatar wasn't a one hit wonder.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom