You're the New CEO of Disney: What Project Do You Greenlight?

Figaro928

I would also read a fanboi blog now and again.....;)

Re-instate the notion that "it all started with a mouse" Shy away from the corporate image and back to the family basics. Prices down, more incentives, better cast member relations, etc etc

Launchpad McQuack

One idea I would push is not for a "Star Wars Land," but instead a larger LucasFilm section. Obviously Star Tours and Indiana Jones would stay where they are, but I would also add other things:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom roller coaster, where visitors would ride in "mine cart" trains. It would mostly be an indoor ride, but would have at least one part (probably a large drop) that would take you outside briefly.

Mos Eisley Cantina would be a counter service restaurant, complete with a bar (for the adult Jedi) and a band similar to the one in the movie.

Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Since this falls under LucasFilm, I would milk it. It would be either indoor or outdoor, and it is exactly what is says. It is a labyrinth with interactive areas (like the interactive lines for Haunted Mansion and Winnie the Pooh), the occasional animatronic "muppet," and some spooky areas mixed in with sillier areas. Not sure if this one would work out all that well, but it's an idea.

These are just random ideas.

Launchpad McQuack

No, I would never put down, belittle or be rude to an entire country. WDW is for everyone. My idea for a Brazilian section of DAK:

-a rain forest boat ride (think the safari but in a boat or a real life Jungle Cruise)
-an adult oriented South American restaurant with entertainment (i'm thinking dancers - harmless of course)
-a carnivale celebration (kind of like a parade but more stationary)
-maybe even a tropical aviary for birds

My previous comment aside, I actually think this would be a really good idea.

Figaro928

Jim Henson's Labyrinth: Since this falls under LucasFilm, I would milk it. It would be either indoor or outdoor, and it is exactly what is says. It is a labyrinth with interactive areas (like the interactive lines for Haunted Mansion and Winnie the Pooh), the occasional animatronic "muppet," and some spooky areas mixed in with sillier areas. Not sure if this one would work out all that well, but it's an idea.

a billion times YES

Figaro928

I would also create a 5th gate. Mine would be Nostalgia-Park. Here all the old retired attractions would be up and running. Horizons, original Figment, 20k, Mr Toad and Snow White would all be reimagined & brought back to their Glory. The rare characters would walk around freely. The Backlot prop room would be brought here. So would toon town. Oswald would be the official mascot. Spectromagic would be re-made & run daily. One man's dream would be here as well but with an expanded theatre and full museum. Themed restaurants would include character dining with the older villains.

This Park would see growth often with more and more retired rides being brought in.

This would obviously be more adult based park for true enthusiasts. who's in?

mcurtiss

I would also create a 5th gate. Mine would be Nostalgia-Park. Here all the old retired attractions would be up and running. Horizons, original Figment, 20k, Mr Toad and Snow White would all be reimagined & brought back to their Glory. The rare characters would walk around freely. The Backlot prop room would be brought here. So would toon town. Oswald would be the official mascot. Spectromagic would be re-made & run daily. One man's dream would be here as well but with an expanded theatre and full museum. Themed restaurants would include character dining with the older villains.

This Park would see growth often with more and more retired rides being brought in.

bring back these CMs as well!!

02.jpg

Launchpad McQuack

This could be a really cool idea. I would actually go all out and have the whole place have more of a "Toon Town" atmosphere/decor. Push the idea of "classic Disney" as much as possible, heavily featuring Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale, etc.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
Monorail spurs added to offset parking issues. One new spur runs down World Drive, adds BC-YC & BWI to the monorail resorts and the other extends to DHS. BC-YC/BWI spur includes a stop at DHS much as the current MK resort monorail stops at the TTC and the MK.

Star Wars land: (you knew this was coming)
The current ST2 entrance would be rethemed to match Tatooine styling.
Star Tours exit would be the a portal to SWL, exit reworked to the existing parking lot area after a new parking deck is built to support capacity.
Tatooine Traders is reworked as a quick service kiosk serving blue milk, etc.
Mos Eisley Cantina is a bar and grill, no droids allowed, serving brews & cocktails from around the galaxy. Han & Greedo's booth is still taped off b/c the stormtroopers still can't figure out what happened. AA band is always playing!
Jabba's palace is a QS/FS combo, M&G at night with bounty hunters! AA band is always playing!
Indoor dark launch coaster, once through hyperspace you battle the rebellion on Hoth in either an AT-AT (or battle the Empire in a snowspeeder.)
Mos Eisley Transporter, like the MKs TTA to tour Tatooine with stops. Pass by the Millenium Falcon at some point with AA stormtroopers (and a likeness of yours truely) trying to stop Han & Luke.
Jawa's Sandcrawler is a front for a Disney gift shop but includes no generic Disney merch, specialty SW items you can only get here. Maybe even a R2D2 & C3PO M&G in the front with CM dressed as Jawas.
Expanded Jedi Training Academy, except the younglings can also choose the dark side. ;) If you choose the dark side, you wear a black robe, fight with a red lightsaber and battle jedi scum. Add a bounty hunter grouping too, you know to teach guests how to hunt jedi.

Mos Eisley will be teeming with droids, stormtroopers and other cast.

NO MORE DISNEY CHARACTERS COSTUMED AS STAR WARS CHARACTERS BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR.

IJ gets a new attraction where the backlot tour is.
Expand TSMM to double capacity next door.
Pixar Place gets expanded to include the backlot tour areas and adds two C-D Ticket attractions for smaller children. Monsters Inc, Wall-E, The Incredibles and Cars should be represented in some way here. This would be the first phase to open.
VotLM gets replaced with a Frozen version.
BatB show is now a split showing, Tangled and BatB alternate shows.

Once DHS is fixed, I set my focus on EPCOT and figure out a way to retrofit SSE to become the third Death Star! :devilish:

mousehockey37

You are the CEO of Disney and you can give the order to complete a major project without worrying about money or shareholders. It can be as big as opening an entirely new park (give details), greenlighting an expansion with multiple attractions, or refurbishment of an attraction or even an entire theme park. Whatever you want, but it has to be one main "project" localized to one of the Disney theme parks or areas and not something ridiculous like,"start over."

I would completely restore EPCOT to its former glory by adding 3 more innovative and exciting new E-Ticket attractions in a new expanded area called Future State. This would basically restore Future World to truly be a vision of the future. I'd restore Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into imagination to their original glory while updating their technology, message, and music to bring it up to the times. Spaceship Earth would be completely renovated (not changed, more like refurbished with the same theme and omnimover track) with Irons back as the narrator.

EPCOT would truly be a vision of tomorrow when my project of "EPCOT 2.0" is completed.

What would you do?

5th Gate would become a Villain land. You would pass out of the Fantasy realm and be immersed in a land of darkness, where only the bravest go. I'm open to what kind of rides there could be. Lots of Meet and Greets, but as per the personas, the characters would be playfully messing with you and the kids (not scaring the kids however).

The other project would be new monorails!!! and More monorails!!!! I would make a monorail hub where you would have the MK resorts, and the EPCOT resorts. You would also still have the dedicated MK line as well as the EPCOT line. So you can have people basically traveling from their resorts to the hubs, then from the hubs, get on the rail that takes them to either the EPCOT side or the MK side. And the monorails would run 24/7 because there'd be enough that if they need serviced, a new one comes and takes its place!!!

Oh yeah, and for those that have seen my other posts and rants... EPCOT would have the return of the one, the only.... FUTURECORPS!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord_Vader

We don't need Star Wars or Marvel. They aren't Disney

Blaspheme! :cry::cry::cry:

I don't think even the CEO of Disney can get Marvel from USF, it is a lose-lose for USF if they let Disney have it back.

Star Wars on the other hand... well I beg to disagree. They may not be traditional Disney but SW started as a fantasy, a prince battling the evil king of sorts and even take a place a long time ago.

mousehockey37

Monorail spurs added to offset parking issues. One new spur runs down World Drive, adds BC-YC & BWI to the monorail resorts and the other extends to DHS. BC-YC/BWI spur includes a stop at DHS much as the current MK resort monorail stops at the TTC and the MK.

Star Wars land: (you knew this was coming)
The current ST2 entrance would be rethemed to match Tatooine styling.
Star Tours exit would be the a portal to SWL, exit reworked to the existing parking lot area after a new parking deck is built to support capacity.
Tatooine Traders is reworked as a quick service kiosk serving blue milk, etc.
Mos Eisley Cantina is a bar and grill, no droids allowed, serving brews & cocktails from around the galaxy. Han & Greedo's booth is still taped off b/c the stormtroopers still can't figure out what happened. AA band is always playing!
Jabba's palace is a QS/FS combo, M&G at night with bounty hunters! AA band is always playing!
Indoor dark launch coaster, once through hyperspace you battle the rebellion on Hoth in either an AT-AT (or battle the Empire in a snowspeeder.)
Mos Eisley Transporter, like the MKs TTA to tour Tatooine with stops. Pass by the Millenium Falcon at some point with AA stormtroopers (and a likeness of yours truely) trying to stop Han & Luke.
Jawa's Sandcrawler is a front for a Disney gift shop but includes no generic Disney merch, specialty SW items you can only get here. Maybe even a R2D2 & C3PO M&G in the front with CM dressed as Jawas.
Expanded Jedi Training Academy, except the younglings can also choose the dark side. ;) If you choose the dark side, you wear a black robe, fight with a red lightsaber and battle jedi scum. Add a bounty hunter grouping too, you know to teach guests how to hunt jedi.

Mos Eisley will be teeming with droids, stormtroopers and other cast.

NO MORE DISNEY CHARACTERS COSTUMED AS STAR WARS CHARACTERS BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR.

IJ gets a new attraction where the backlot tour is.
Expand TSMM to double capacity next door.
Pixar Place gets expanded to include the backlot tour areas and adds two C-D Ticket attractions for smaller children. Monsters Inc, Wall-E, The Incredibles and Cars should be represented in some way here. This would be the first phase to open.
VotLM gets replaced with a Frozen version.
BatB show is now a split showing, Tangled and BatB alternate shows.

Once DHS is fixed, I set my focus on EPCOT and figure out a way to retrofit SSE to become the third Death Star! :devilish:

Would there be a strolling Cantina Band?

AngieTink27

Close down all disney related forums so fan have nowhere to complain.
Thank you!!! There is so much negativity that people overlook many of the positives still at Disney today. No place is perfect, but there is much more to appreciate and enjoy while at Disney than to criticize. If you are unable to enjoy yourself at the most magical place on earth, then how are you going to manage when the stress of real life returns once back at home?

Matt_Black

Thank you!!! There is so much negativity that people overlook many of the positives still at Disney today. No place is perfect, but there is much more to appreciate and enjoy while at Disney than to criticize. If you are unable to enjoy yourself at the most magical place on earth, then how are you going to manage when the stress of real life returns once back at home?

On this board, there's a great deal of negativity, but I'm on another board and everyone there is generally very positive about things.

Lord_Vader

... Why do you hate fun and joy?

EDIT: That is what I do! :devilish:

That part was more tongue and cheek than anything although I would really prefer to not have walking Emperor Jedi Mickey, Minnie as Princess Leia. I would rather WDW spend the money and hire actors to do the performances.

The action figures and other items sold at WDW are fun, they are unique! There are members on this board that would like to see all Disney references removed from non-Disney created characters, I am not one of them.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom