You're the New CEO of Disney: What Project Do You Greenlight?

NutsForFlorida

I'd create a Star Wars land. A whole new park right next to Disney Studios. It would kind of be like Islands of Adventure at Universal where you could have a two park one day pass so you can go back and forth between parks.

Each "land" would be for each Episode. So, it would start with Episode I and then go clockwise with each Episode land. I'd leave enough room for the future movies so we could create more Episode lands. The Death Star would be in the middle of the park as it's focal point kind of like Spaceship Earth. Plus, that would be a ride inside. Each land would have at least one ride, major or minor. Shops and restaurants at each land.

AllydoesDisney

I'm enjoying a lot of these ideas already. But what's wrong with the yeti?

I want a Frozen ride, a Wreck it Ralph ride, a Tangled ride and the Mine Train would be done! I'd also take some other rides from Disneyland (based on videos I've seen) I would bring Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio and maybe bring back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I love movie based rides. I'd probably change up some movies in the Great Movie Ride and then bring Dreams to the Magic Kingdom too.

tk924

I'd create a Star Wars land. A whole new park right next to Disney Studios. It would kind of be like Islands of Adventure at Universal where you could have a two park one day pass so you can go back and forth between parks.

Each "land" would be for each Episode. So, it would start with Episode I and then go clockwise with each Episode land. I'd leave enough room for the future movies so we could create more Episode lands. The Death Star would be in the middle of the park as it's focal point kind of like Spaceship Earth. Plus, that would be a ride inside. Each land would have at least one ride, major or minor. Shops and restaurants at each land.

Yep, that would be AWESOME!

L5hpH.jpg

ryguy

I would love to see the Peter Pan ride completely redone. I think it's so outdated and could be done so much better. The speedway is a huge plot of land that could bring something new and exciting to that area of the park. Future world needs major work, animal kingdom is half done, and the studios could use more family friendly rides. I would expand both water parks. If another park is built I hope its something like Disney Sea.

ParkMan73

I'd build up Epcot.

Epcot is larger than the MK and could handle more people than it does today. To do that, we'd develop the Epcot brand and drive attendance. Build capacity at Epcot that can both drive attendance and also absorb the additional attendance.

1. Future world - significant refresh. The goal would be to take the original premise of Epcot and build upon it.
- Look at how Spaceship Earth could be improved. Make it a true signature attraction.
- Re-do Imagination, Wonders of life, and Innoventions/Communicore.
- Refresh Energy & Living Seas
- Clean-up the Land pavilion.
- Build a second space-themed attraction at Mission Space. Develop Space such that it is similar in capacity to the Land such that there are multiple attractions & food/beverage in the pavilion
- Add at least one new pavilion

2. World Showcase - Cleanup & add 3 or 4 new countries. Add additional D ticket attractions to existing countries so that each country has at least one attraction.

3. Add monorail access from the resorts nearby - Port Orleans, Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Caribbean Beach, & Coronado Springs. Make it easy to go to Epcot.

4. Use the film division to build some movie tie-ins. Instead of adding M&G at Epcot connected to existing Disney movies, create some new Disney Movies around themes at Epcot.

Shadowgate

Great ideas.

Mine Blue Skys not previously mentioned:
  • Tomorrowland Speedway (updated to eletric motors at the very least)
  • 20k ride/transportation added to the lagoon. :)
  • Update Space Mountain to up to date technology-wise and smoother like it was originally.
  • I know this is repeat but it is SO needed... update and restore Epcot Future World to it former glory with todays levels of tech.
  • Also repeat 5th gate Star Wars
  • 6th gate Villians World

ryguy

what exactly would you change? Just curious as I think its almost perfect except for the queue

The ride has zero sense of adventure, my two boys never ask to go on it. 30 years ago I never wanted to go on it either. I think the effects are dated. Maybe create something that promotes the feeling of actually flying. Seems like everything in Fantasyland is girl centric and Peter Pan is the one chance for boys to have some fun and adventure. But the ride fails to capture the imagination of me and my two boys. At least the mine train should help out a little.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Raises and hearty bonuses for all Disney cast members.

EDIT -- Also, Frozen Bobsleds.

I vote for this guy!

But if it were me? Epcot, complete overhaul. Monorail expansions (and new monorails), DHS expansion.

I'm a firm believer of pumping money into new attractions will bring people to the parks and back to the parks, not a stupid plastic wristband and a broke-down website.

edit, if it's just one park? Epcot. Change all the things. Evict the characters. And if I'm CEO? You better get used to greenery and trees, cause they're gonna be everywhere.

rodserling27

Oh man, some GREAT armchair imagineering going on here!!! Great ideas all around!! Want to point out some of my favorites:
Oh, man, where do I start...

Okay, since Frozen is such a monster, I'd add a Frozen area to New Fantasyland. It would include an Ice Palace with a kickass dark ride, a town square where it snows off and on, and perhaps a place to get frozen drinks (like the frozen Butterbeer at Universal's Potterland. Only better. Butterbeer is yucky).

The Yeti would get fixed.

The Hat would get tossed.

The Haunted Mansion's original queue would be restored. Ditto the original Hitchhiking Ghosts effect. (I'd love the new stuff at the Mansion if they were an improvement. But they're not. They're disasters IMO).
YES on all three of these. Why hasn't someone at Disney come up with these ideas and executed them? And agreed 100% on the Haunted Mansion queue. Total unmitigated disaster, as are the digital hitchhiking ghosts. Why did they think that was a good idea?? I am growing tired of Disney putting screens and CGI effects in front of us and saying "ok pretend this is real."
We're just going to completely fix my favorite park, DHS: Big expansion. Includes:
  • Star Wars Land: Will include a 3D show, a new roller coaster, a dark ride, and some other smaller attractions, as well as a new show. We would say bye to the Muppets area and the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
  • But Indy's not gone completely! He'll get his own new e-ticket ride.
  • Say goodbye, giant hat! The Chinese Theater will once again become the symbol of the park.
  • New shows! To replace BatB and Little Mermaid, we will have a new Tangled show and a Toy Story show
  • In addition to Fantamic (which will receive some upgrades) there will be a new nightly fireworks spectacular around the Chinese Theater.
  • Great Movie Ride will get an upgrade, featuring both modern and classic films. No more Alien scene (because it's just creepy), we will see about getting the rights for Star Trek, or if not, another modern SciFi film. The Tarzan, Footlight Parade, and Public Enemy (sorry Cagny) scenes will all be replaced, as well as the Western scene. Films to replace are open for debate.
  • Muppets can't leave completely! They will get their own dark ride.
  • Improved food. Includes more TS restaurants. Star Wars Land could get a few of these.
  • A Wreck-It Ralph dark ride. Because it would be awesome.
  • No more Backlot Tour. The old movie props will be consolidated into a walking tour (possbily where the animation tour is currently located) and the space will be reused, possibly for an outdoor roller coaster. Possibly still themed as a movie-set though (Backlot trams out of control anyone? No? Okay then...)
  • New parade
  • And last but not least...no more American Idol. It will be replaced by some sort of interactive show, but American Idol will be a thing of the past.
WOW! 100% agreed all around! Fantastic ideas! A Wreck-It Ralph ride would be pretty awesome. It could start out all 8-bit looking and transform into more the more realistic cartoon look of the film as you go "INTO" the game.

This is an absolute winner here. Not a full-scale park, but a "mini" park, similar to how you mentioned IoA is at Uni. Maybe instead of going by Episodes, each area could be a planet. But for continuity's sake you could keep Prequel Trilogy characters separate from Original Trilogy and, eventually, Sequel Trilogy. Just like the photo that @tk924 posted above, which is totally awesome.

My serious question here is - there are so many awesome ideas, and so many no-brainers here. So what the heck is wrong with the people at Disney that they can't come up with any of these ideas themselves? The stuff here, ranging from fixing up Epcot's Future World to expanding DHS, adding AK attractions...it's all great. We all KNOW what needs to be done. But Disney/TDO/TDB etc just doesn't get it. Instead of just expanding a park which pulls people in no matter what (MK), why not BUILD the three other "good" parks they have and make them stunning?

Matt_Black

We all KNOW what needs to be done. But Disney/TDO/TDB etc just doesn't get it. Instead of just expanding a park which pulls people in no matter what (MK), why not BUILD the three other "good" parks they have and make them stunning?

It's not necessarily that they don't get it; there are budgetary concerns, corporate bureaucracies, and more to deal with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom