You're the New CEO of Disney: What Project Do You Greenlight?

Fantaseer

For Adventureland,
  • I got to say an Indiana Jones ride. Move the Pirates Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas closer to the Pirates ride (maybe in the archway wear the face painter is?) and move the parade entrance/exit (depends on parade) further back. It would probably end up being the temple coaster instead of the dark ride due to spacing issues.
  • Do some touch ups in Tortuga Tavern. It's really well kept, just faded.
  • Something needs to happen about the Pirate's queue. It seems like there's a ton of space for a huge line, but I usually see the line stretching out halfway through the pathway. Maybe....I don't know. With the gift shop and the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom portal on either sides this would be hard to do.
  • But with the inside queue, I do know. Possibly switch one of the skeletons playing chess with an AA that only moves every *slow* often. So it would only happen on every turn of guests versus a movement every 2 minutes. And get "La Fountain De Fortuna" working it might just be my luck but it's never working when I'm near.
  • Put some elbow grease into the steam screen. I would probably just end up having a newer more efficient model built instead of having someone come in and fix it. Plus change the sound in that scene. Make the famous line louder. Actually, now that I think of it, move the mermaids further. Still have a very faint part of their song playing but not really there. And move the mermaid projections and full song to the scene with the dead mermaid on the beach. Like they're mourning for a lost one or seeking revenge on those who captured her, ooo or even have then taking someone under water on the other side of the boat for taking their friend. Yeah! Add a bubbler under the boat so it's like the mermaids are swimming under to get to one of the sailors that took one of them. With the projectors showing them going under. Refer to the end of the Bug's Life show where the critters scurry under your seat but with the actual image there. I really want this to happen now! Sorry if you disagree.
  • Change the heating in the scene of the fire spreading through the town. I get that we're on water but it is still a whole town burning away. Include the sound of a fire crackling with an occasional roof collapsing (maybe even add a stud falling in front of the flames in a window).
  • Now for the stroller parking thing. It isn't a terrible issue and I haven't seen it really complained on here but they do have that back alleyway type thing they could use between Pirates and back of Jungle Cruise. This would, however, require the rearrangement of a Pirates Adventure station.
  • Tiki Room seems fine except for those awful benches. I would just require replacing them and a small castmember task force go in and wipe the seats down between each show.
  • Anyone remember the Full House episode where "The House Meets The Mouse"? I would have that inflatable Genie ballon hidden inside the lamp atop Magic Carpets to come out with blue smoke (colored water vapor) and tell the safety requirements and instructions. Maybe have a spinner to move him around in the opposite way of the Carpets to make it seem faster or a separate pump blowing sudden gusts of wind in intervals for the appearance of bobbing while speaking. But this would have to happen quickly so he can get back inside for the next ride.
  • Refresh the AAs for Jungle Cruise, like with IASW where I would replace them one by one. Unless they would make a very noticeable difference in which case I would have the replacement fully ready to "snap" right in place so it could happen over a pre-scheduled night so every needed worker could be present with a backup (possibly two). Call me worry some.
  • Give the Agrabah Bazaar a more village look. Like it was a group of tents that evolved into sturdy huts that combined into one building but still has the separate merchandise.
  • I'm still conflicted on Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, as mentioned before.
  • I don't like that short area where they have all the buildings together. The style just seems like it resembles parts of an older New Orleans Square. I think it would be much cooler to make that area like that special club thing at New Orleans Square but in Adventureland style. Kind of like the wealthy people that dared to go off and settle into the forest decided to throw a welcoming party for more people to join them and form a community. The buildings would have to luck like they used resources from that area so construction there is doable, though.
  • I want to see that area where they recently took out smoking (if I'm not mistaken it was put up on here, titled something like "Another Smoking Area Goes Up In Smoke", and I could be thinking of the wrong area) and use it as pixie hollow. This will free up the space in that building across from it and/or Town Square Theater. It would probably take up some of the wildlife behind it, though. Still they could put in the pixie tree on the other side of the moat (with glowing pixie dust spread throughout for nighttime) and use force perspective so it seems closer/bigger. They could just copy the same style huts from Disneyland or make one big gathering spot like there is a picnic or party going on. Possibly add more of the fairies for it. The ones that aren't really celebrated like the male or the queen person (sorry again, haven't seen the movies).
That's all I have now but I'm gonna spontaneously think of something later on. I'll think a while on Main Street and possibly add my ideas for the park overall, that don't relate to specific areas, in one

Figaro928

After my amazing Imagineering feats are accomplished & I open the 5th gate, I would do some entry price adjustments.

International tour groups pay double. (if you want to annoy the other guests as much as you do you have to pay for it)
Children under 5 in for free & eat for free with purchase of adult dining package. (get em hooked while they're young)
Kids admission is considered ages 5-13; 14 is now an adult
Seniors have a much deeper discount
Anybody that has served in the armed services gets in for FREE with a free QS dining plan and their family gets a huge discount (because this is 'Murica)
I've heard that CM's used to have much better deals and discounts for visiting the parks - I have no idea how good they used to be, but whatever they were - They're back!!

Fantaseer

"I like how you've integrated themed shopping and refreshments into your idea. Only one suggestion: if you put it in HS, we can get the beer version of Tapper instead of just the root beer." That's a quote from Morningstar. It won't quote for me.

Oops. Had no idea I messed the name Tapper up.

Greenkai3000

Disney Sea America, but WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than TDS. If at all possible.

Maybe throw in DLP's Crush's Coaster, and HKD's Mystic Manor , and an Atlantis ride somewhere in there too

Last edited:

Matt_Black

really? well the HS are about putting the crowds into the movies and tv shows. so American Idol is a very popular tv show so it's just letting the crowds be a part of an audience of a very popular tv show. and i like that it's always changing but it's real - it's actual talent from the parks. and the audience gets to participate in choosing the winner so it's not just a show.

Also, I got be to be on the show last October and perform, therefore I dub it the GREATEST ATTRACTION EVER.

copcarguyp71

I am going to go with something not quite so grand and a little more modest than most.

Embed the facade of Cinderella Castle with lighting so we can be rid of a crane 4 months out of the year. It is a simple and easily obtainable project that really does enhance the magic. Fixing things that are not so magical rather than adding new attractions or lands that will eventually fall prey to the same lack of attention to detail would be my #1 priority....
king-of-the-forest.jpg

If I were king of the forest!

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
Yep. Some people complain about prices, some about crowds. Mister Adam Smith explains how these have a reverse correlation.

I think that's how Walt wanted it, though. No communist was he, but a capitalist in the vein of Henry Ford: everyone should be able to afford his product. Some of your comments have a very elitist ring to them. Still, everyone should have a chance to go to Disney World sometime in their life, but with higher prices you might cut down on families that go every year, and thus reduce crowding significantly.
I appreciate where you are coming from and believe Walt was a man who wanted everyone to enjoy his parks. Still, Disney has to protect its core business. Despite competitive pricing (Too low in my opinion) many children around the world and even in the US still will never get a chance to go. That's just the way it is. You can't manage your business to the point that you're sacrificing quality just to give everyone a chance to go. Disney is a high end brand and a high end theme park. Given that it is cost prohibitive for some anyway, I think raising prices could help manage crowds and also improve quality.

Disney's park business is pretty low margin as it is, despite what people believe based on the price of admission. I truly believe Disney could improve its product by raising prices and using some of that extra margin to re-invest in the parks. If they raises prices just to make more on the bottom line, I'm not in favor of just raising prices for the sake of making more money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom