your opinion on the new magic your way tickets??

dixiegirl

Original Poster
ok i was just curious what anyone thought about the new magic your way versus the park hopper length of stay passes? love it hate it?? i personally do not like it but what can you do... i liked how it was one basic price if you did lets say the length of stay which we always did.. now waterparks are extra, pleasure island is extra...if you have extra days but aren't gonna use them till later thats extra...i guess just don't like change.... but what can youdo..sorry had to vent about that!! well anyway i am just curious what people thought abot this new ticket pricing ???

SandySHM

I'm not to thrilled with it either. I always used the length of stay pass. I love the freedom of going wherever I want , whenever I want for as many times as I want to. I really don't like the fact that you can't book a package through WDW and get more than a 7 day ticket. What are they thinking? I can buy a 10 day ticket, but I can't do it with the package. I would have to book the room and ticket separately. :confused:

dixiegirl

Original Poster
yeah we are going in sept for 9 days well we at first got a 7 day pass without even thinking about the other 2 days down in disney i mean we're down there for the sole reason of spending each day at a park ..so we had to buy a 10 day pass which we are gonna lose out on that 1 day left...it really does stink....but oh well...i don't mean to complain..

peter11435

I see your point but look at the opposite of extra. If you don't want to visit the water parks or pleasure island thats less, if you don't want to park hop thats less, and if you are going to use all of your days thats less. You really can pay less now by only paying for what you want. Personally i like the new system.

Laura

Premium Member
It depends. For this upcoming trip I really am not happy about it. I only need a 2 day base ticket and it's $126!! Totally insane. But in the future maybe I'll take a week long trip and then I'll be happy to pay $22 a day.

Wouldn't it be great if Disney would sell an all inclusive lifetime park hopper? Like you pay $2,000 and have unlimited admission to Disney until you die. I'd love that.

Tom

Beta Return
I was messing around on Disney's site yesterday and saw these new tickets you're talking about. They made no sense to me. Can you still get the good 'ol Park Hoppers?????

WHen we go, usually for a week, we get 4-day park hoppers, and spend 4 days in the parks, and one day off in the middle of the week to tour other resorts, tour property, etc. I hope I can still get 4-day hoppers.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I like the new ticket system. For me all I buy is a 4 day park hopper anyway without all the extras and I never park hopped anyway. A park a day for me. Too much to do in each park. That's too exhausting to move from park to park. If I leave the park during the day it's to go to my resort and take a nap....So basically it used to cost $202/person for a 4 day park hopper and now I can buy the base ticket without park hopper for $185....saves money..

GoofyFan1

I prefer the Ultimate Park Hopper!

When we go it's always for more than 7 days. Every trip has been spent completely at WDW. Now it's a pain to plan your trip, if you want to do the whole deal together you can only get the 7 day pass. :mad: To get a 10 day pass you have to do everything seperately. I'm thinking of just getting AP's for all of us and hope there is a discount for the water parks. :hammer:

Jseven

Laura22 said:
I'll be happy to pay $22 a day.

Remember Disney is a business first and a charity in a distant second. Profit = making money. Sure it sucks for guests but can you imagine how crappy it would be if Disney just 'broke even'.

The entire point of the Magic your way is to get guests to stay at the resort area longer. Notice the difference in price from a 3 day magic your way ($171) and a 7 day ($199). It only costs a guest $28 to add 4 more days! Adding those 4 days at the cheapest Disney resort (All Star @ $77 per night) will bring disney $308 in room sales. Add an average of $30 per day for 2 people comes out to $240.
NOW...
The deal the guests thought they were getting by adding 4 days in a park for only $28 more turns into a profit for Disney of $550. Thats the idea and hope anyway.
SO...
I love this Magic Your Way for 3 reasons:
1. Im a CM so i dont have to for admission anyway
2. Charging more money will mean i keep my job and remain getting paid
3. Its funny how easily guests can be deceived
Other than that, Im with you all in that I wouldnt like it as a guest. But as previously mentioned, Disney is a business which means control costs and maximize profits. NOT CHARITY! :) Hope this helps.

CTXRover

edwardtc said:
I was messing around on Disney's site yesterday and saw these new tickets you're talking about. They made no sense to me. Can you still get the good 'ol Park Hoppers?????

WHen we go, usually for a week, we get 4-day park hoppers, and spend 4 days in the parks, and one day off in the middle of the week to tour other resorts, tour property, etc. I hope I can still get 4-day hoppers.

You will stay be able to do exactly what you did before. Buy a 4 day base ticket and then add on the Park Hopper Option. It will cost you $220 per ticket. Of course, I'd STRONGLY recommend you buy a 5 day pass with the Park Hopper option. Its actually 6 dollars cheaper than a 4 day MYW pass with Park hopper option because of the 7 dollars you save if you buy in advance online (advance purchase discounts available only for tickets with 5 days or more). That way on your "day off" you can still go to one of the parks at night for dinner or something without feeling like you are wasting a day....

(The tickets get cheaper the "more days you play")

The one thing to note is that the ticket will expire 14 days from the first day of use. In comparison to the old 4 day park hopper which cost $219.00 before, the MYW pass with the park hopper option will give you the same flexibility and options as before....with the exception that they DO expire

Any questions, just let me know :)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
ksccar said:
I like the new ticket system. For me all I buy is a 4 day park hopper anyway without all the extras and I never park hopped anyway. A park a day for me. Too much to do in each park. That's too exhausting to move from park to park. If I leave the park during the day it's to go to my resort and take a nap....So basically it used to cost $202/person for a 4 day park hopper and now I can buy the base ticket without park hopper for $185....saves money..

I like the new tickt system as well, In Jul We did 7 days at WDW with a length of stay ultimate park hopper +. By my calculations based on what I payed per day of the pass vs the new pass with similair options I would have saved around $35 per person per day. Adds up over 7 days for four people

If your planning less than 4 days I could see how the new tckt system would stink.

If your planning more than a week, an AP might be a good idea, especially if you go to disney every year.

CTXRover

Oh, and in regards to the new MYW pass, I think they are great and finally let you choose what you really want to pay for and in quite a few cases are cheaper than their respective counterparts from before.

dxwwf3

I have a feeling that we will be seeing much less Park Hopping now that they put it this way. I wonder how that will effect crowds? Could be good, could be bad, or might not make much of a difference at all.

I do hate this for people that only get to spend less than 3 days at WDW. There are alot of people who only get to see WDW during a weekend trip when they are in the area. And the new ticket plan doesn't help them at all.

But hopefully it will benefit those that are able to take longer vacations.

scorp111

Laura22 said:
Wouldn't it be great if Disney would sell an all inclusive lifetime park hopper? Like you pay $2,000 and have unlimited admission to Disney until you die. I'd love that.

I have a feeling it would be more than $2000, since a single PAP is more than $500, even $4000 would work for me!! ( But I have no idea where I would come up with that kind of money to spend on a park ticket :lol: )

Tom

Beta Return
CTXRover said:
You will stay be able to do exactly what you did before. Buy a 4 day base ticket and then add on the Park Hopper Option. It will cost you $220 per ticket. Of course, I'd STRONGLY recommend you buy a 5 day pass with the Park Hopper option. Its actually 6 dollars cheaper than a 4 day MYW pass with Park hopper option because of the 7 dollars you save if you buy in advance online (advance purchase discounts available only for tickets with 5 days or more). That way on your "day off" you can still go to one of the parks at night for dinner or something without feeling like you are wasting a day....

(The tickets get cheaper the "more days you play")

The one thing to note is that the ticket will expire 14 days from the first day of use. In comparison to the old 4 day park hopper which cost $219.00 before, the MYW pass with the park hopper option will give you the same flexibility and options as before....with the exception that they DO expire

Any questions, just let me know :)

Excellent advice Rover, thanks a bunch! You make a good point about the 5th day, since it is now so economical. Before, buying a 5-day hopper really wasn't economical if we knew we'd spend most of the day out of the parks. The HOPPER feature is important to us, however. We've streamlined our touring plans so well that we hop like mad. We've been to Epcot, MK and MGM all in one day before, for eating, e-ticket attractions and parades. :sohappy:

CTXRover

edwardtc said:
Excellent advice Rover, thanks a bunch! You make a good point about the 5th day, since it is now so economical. Before, buying a 5-day hopper really wasn't economical if we knew we'd spend most of the day out of the parks. The HOPPER feature is important to us, however. We've streamlined our touring plans so well that we hop like mad. We've been to Epcot, MK and MGM all in one day before, for eating, e-ticket attractions and parades. :sohappy:

You are welcome. I actually have to correct myself though. I didn't realize it at first, but the prices the website give you already have the advance purchase discount worked into the price, so a 5 day pass WITH park Hopper will actually cost you $1.07 more per ticket than a 4 day pass with park hopper option vs what I said before. Still, for 1 buck, I'd definetly add on the fifth day so you could have dinner at a park in the evening on your day of rest.

Price Comparison (tax included):
4 Day Magic Your Way Pass WITH Park Hopper Option: $234.30

5 Day Magic Your Way Pass WITH Park Hopper Option (advance purchase): $235.37

Tom

Beta Return
CTXRover said:
You are welcome. I actually have to correct myself though. I didn't realize it at first, but the prices the website give you already have the advance purchase discount worked into the price, so a 5 day pass WITH park Hopper will actually cost you $1.07 more per ticket than a 4 day pass with park hopper option vs what I said before. Still, for 1 buck, I'd definetly add on the fifth day so you could have dinner at a park in the evening on your day of rest.

Price Comparison (tax included):
4 Day Magic Your Way Pass WITH Park Hopper Option: $234.30

5 Day Magic Your Way Pass WITH Park Hopper Option (advance purchase): $235.37

No brainer! We always buy them ahead of time anyway! Thanks again

WDWFREAK53

edwardtc said:
We've been to Epcot, MK and MGM all in one day before, for eating, e-ticket attractions and parades. :sohappy:

Hehe, I've hit Spectro, Illuminations, and Fantasmic all in one night ;)

Spectro at 7:30...sat right at the Train Station...then booked it to the monorail...over to Epcot for:
Illuminations at 9:00...then parked it at the bridge near France...then walked to MGM for:
Fantasmic at 10:30

dixiegirl

Original Poster
wdwfreak... we always wondered if there were people out there like you!!!lol one day when our kids are much older we'll have to try that!!!sz

Tom

Beta Return
WDWFREAK53 said:
Hehe, I've hit Spectro, Illuminations, and Fantasmic all in one night ;)

Spectro at 7:30...sat right at the Train Station...then booked it to the monorail...over to Epcot for:
Illuminations at 9:00...then parked it at the bridge near France...then walked to MGM for:
Fantasmic at 10:30

All I have to say is, "Damn, that's impressive." You've given me a new goal in life ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom