your opinion on the new magic your way tickets??

dxwwf3

The downside to these tickets would be for people who do Disney the same way I do Universal. I buy a 3 day pass and use one day a year. If Universal's tickets had experiation dates, I wouldn't be able to park hop (at a reasonable price) because I would have to buy 1 day tickets every time I went.

Now I know this is much more likely to happen over at Universal, but I'm sure that some people do this to save money and the new tickets wouldn't be good for them.

But I really am searching for a way that these new tickets wouldn't be perfect for everyone. I think this is a great idea for Disney and I think it will work well for them. As long as Universal doesn't copy this idea, I'll be fine.

longfamily

If you're unhappy with the way things are going then you must complain to the right people. Disney wants to make the customers happy because we are their bread and butter. Write to guest services, explain to them that the older system is better for you (if that is the case) because it has more freedom. If you want changes made you have to act. :)

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10, 400
Lake Buena Vista, FL. 32830

Anyone need an envelope?

WDWFREAK53

dixiegirl said:
wdwfreak... we always wondered if there were people out there like you!!!lol one day when our kids are much older we'll have to try that!!!sz

...and we weren't even rushed (Ok, so they were closing the gates of MGM at 10...and we walked through at 9:59...but that's another story altogether LOL )

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
I believe that in the end, this is the way to go. It's easier for Disney to advertise the packages the way they are now, versus, having to refer you to their site for package pricing. As well, it will save you money over time. For those who like to visit frequently, obviously, the annual passes are the way to go for you. I think in some way that these changes are also geared at getting guests to buy into that program more too.

As with any change in life, time will take care of all of the neysayers.

Laura

Premium Member
Jseven said:
Remember Disney is a business first and a charity in a distant second. Profit = making money. Sure it sucks for guests but can you imagine how crappy it would be if Disney just 'broke even'.

The entire point of the Magic your way is to get guests to stay at the resort area longer. Notice the difference in price from a 3 day magic your way ($171) and a 7 day ($199). It only costs a guest $28 to add 4 more days! Adding those 4 days at the cheapest Disney resort (All Star @ $77 per night) will bring disney $308 in room sales. Add an average of $30 per day for 2 people comes out to $240.
NOW...
The deal the guests thought they were getting by adding 4 days in a park for only $28 more turns into a profit for Disney of $550. Thats the idea and hope anyway.
SO...
I love this Magic Your Way for 3 reasons:
1. Im a CM so i dont have to for admission anyway
2. Charging more money will mean i keep my job and remain getting paid
3. Its funny how easily guests can be deceived
Other than that, Im with you all in that I wouldnt like it as a guest. But as previously mentioned, Disney is a business which means control costs and maximize profits. NOT CHARITY! :) Hope this helps.

However, not everyone necessarily stays on Disney property when they visit WDW. Some people stay in the area for a full week (off property) but in the past only spent a couple days of their vacation at Disney because it was just too expensive to buy a full weeks worth of tickets. Now those people can afford to go to Disney every day of their vacation.

But yes, you are right that in many cases Disney is making quite a profit off people who are staying on property longer than they normally would.

njm

Some great tickets for UK guests. We seem to be able to get 14 or 21 day ticket that gives unlimited access to everything, including pleasure island. From what I remember the price of the 14 day pass is comperable to the old 7 day Park Hopper Plus.

JPVonDrake

longfamily said:
If you're unhappy with the way things are going then you must complain to the right people. Disney wants to make the customers happy because we are their bread and butter. Write to guest services, explain to them that the older system is better for you (if that is the case) because it has more freedom. If you want changes made you have to act. :)

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10, 400
Lake Buena Vista, FL. 32830

This is very true....

As of today, due to guest feedback, you can now book a vacation package for 9 or 10 nights (previously you could only book up to 8 nights). Also, you can add a 10 day MYW ticket to any vacation package (previously a 10 day MYW was available only as a separate ticket.) Guest Feedback does work!

Please, if you want the Ultimate Park Hopper back please write to Guest Communications. Include a phone number and Disney may even call you for your comments and opinions.

Magic Your Way tickets are here to stay, overall it has been VERY well received by guest.

One thing to ponder....
The old system's 4 Day Hopper ticket was the same price as 4 old one day one park tickets. ($54.75 x 4 = $219.00 / $219.00 4 Day Hopper)

Now a 4 day MYW ticket with Park Hopping and no expiration (a recreation of the old 4 Day Hopper) cost less then four MYW 1 day 1 park tickets. ( 59.75 x 4 = $239.00 / $185 base + $35 park hopping+ $15 no expiration = $235 )

When comparing prices please remember to factor in the price of inflation. All entertainment venues have raised their prices in the last 12 months, theme parks, movie theatres, concerts, etc.

tigger248

WDWFREAK53 said:
Hehe, I've hit Spectro, Illuminations, and Fantasmic all in one night ;)

Spectro at 7:30...sat right at the Train Station...then booked it to the monorail...over to Epcot for:
Illuminations at 9:00...then parked it at the bridge near France...then walked to MGM for:
Fantasmic at 10:30

I almost tried that last July (well just Illuminations and Fantasmic. I'd seen Spectro the night before). Instead I accidentally dropped my sorta new digital camera right after Illuminations, broke it, and spent an hour crying on a park bench. (I was all by my lonesome and it was only day 2 of an 8 day vacation.)

tigger248

JPVonDrake said:
One thing to ponder....
The old system's 4 Day Hopper ticket was the same price as 4 old one day one park tickets. ($54.75 x 4 = $219.00 / $219.00 4 Day Hopper)

Now a 4 day MYW ticket with Park Hopping and no expiration (a recreation of the old 4 Day Hopper) cost less then four MYW 1 day 1 park tickets. ( 59.75 x 4 = $239.00 / $185 base + $35 park hopping+ $15 no expiration = $235 )

That's why I don't like MYW. I tend to go for either 4 or 5 days. I can only afford/get the time off for a weekend trip. If I want a 4 day hopper with everything that a 4 day hopper ticket would have gotten me before, it's $16 more. I realize those that are fortunate enough to take week or more trips benefit from MYW, but it doesn't really benefit me. I'll get over it, and it doesn't really affect my decision to go to WDW, but I still don't like the idea of paying that much more. Even if I leave off the no expire option, it's still $1 more and I'm getting less.

wannabeBelle

JPVonDrake said:
This is very true....

As of today, due to guest feedback, you can now book a vacation package for 9 or 10 nights (previously you could only book up to 8 nights). Also, you can add a 10 day MYW ticket to any vacation package (previously a 10 day MYW was available only as a separate ticket.) Guest Feedback does work!

Please, if you want the Ultimate Park Hopper back please write to Guest Communications. Include a phone number and Disney may even call you for your comments and opinions.

Magic Your Way tickets are here to stay, overall it has been VERY well received by guest.

One thing to ponder....

When comparing prices please remember to factor in the price of inflation. All entertainment venues have raised their prices in the last 12 months, theme parks, movie theatres, concerts, etc.
Thanks JP Von Drake your information as always is wonderful!!! Also it is nice to know that guest feedback is being listened to!!! Keep up the great job!!! Belle

JPVonDrake

tigger248 said:
That's why I don't like MYW. I tend to go for either 4 or 5 days. I can only afford/get the time off for a weekend trip. If I want a 4 day hopper with everything that a 4 day hopper ticket would have gotten me before, it's $16 more. I realize those that are fortunate enough to take week or more trips benefit from MYW, but it doesn't really benefit me. I'll get over it, and it doesn't really affect my decision to go to WDW, but I still don't like the idea of paying that much more. Even if I leave off the no expire option, it's still $1 more and I'm getting less.

I don't think you got my point. The price of tickets goes up every year, regardless. That is a fact of life. Each year when the price of a one day ticket went up, so did the price of the multi-day tickets. You need to compare the price of this year to this year. Last year's pricing will always be less then this years. And the year before that tickets cost even less.

With the new Magic Your Way system you are now paying $4 less on a 4 day fully loaded ticket then you would using the old pricing system. The 4 Day Hopper has been the same price as 4 one day one park tickets for at least 5 years that I can recall, maybe longer. Now a 4 day MYW + Hopping + No Expiration is now LESS then the price of 4 one day one park tickets. This is an advantage to you since you visit for 4 days. Now if you do go for 4 days, save $15 and don't add the no expiration. Your saving have increased to $19 off the price of 4 one day tickets.

If you compare apples to apples you really are saving more money with Magic Your Way then without it. The prices would still have gone up, but without the Magic Your Way pricing system the price for 4 days would have gone up $20 instead of $16.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom