Your Most Magical Moment in The World???

DisneyDreamer08

January 22nd, 2008

The day my husband proposed to me in front of Cinderella's Castle. He pretended we were getting a photopass picture taken so we had lots of photos from the event. An 8x10 proudly hangs on our wall! Everyone around us started clapping, which made me turn a little red as I don't usually like being the center of attention. It was worth it on this occasion though :D

disneyliv85

Love this story!! Made my heart melt. Disney does it best!

Edit: Woops - meant to quote the story about celebrating the dad's birthday :)

GoofyRebel

Have many to remember.

Sophomore in high school on a band trip, first trip to Disney, my then girlfriend (now wife) sent someone on the last day of the trip to the MK to get ears with my name on them. Senior year in high school, band trip again, getting to march in the parade at Hollywood Studios as part of the competition.

Fast foward to 2005 took both our families and then 23 month old son to Disney. His reaction to everything was worth every penny. He hated every other kind of mascot he saw before the trip. We ate at the Garden Grill the first night and he LOVED the characters. Hearing him yell "Mickey Mouse come here" was priceless. Throughout the trip he had to hug and kiss all the characters he met. He also got to parade around during the Lion King show at AK. Mother in law had cancer and her getting to see all of this was great.
Now to 2009 we all went again (mother in law still herethank God) and everyone went again. Were there from Dec.2 through Dec.8. This time oldest is 5 and another turned turned 2 on the 7th. He Hated the characters until the next to the last day when we again ate at the Garden Grill. He suddenly changed and started to love them. Have a picture of him kissing Mickey on the nose. Also that night we went to Ye Old Christmas shop to get him an ornament like ones we had gotten everyone else the last trip. I was talking to a cast member about the ones that we had gotten before, and telling her that it was his birthday and we were getting one for him since he wasn't around the last trip. She went behind the counter and pulled an ornament out and asked if we liked it. We did. She wrapped it up and gave to him because she said he needed an ornament too. That was great. The next day, our last, we went to the pool at AKL Kidani for the boys to swim before we checked out. While they were playing, it was about time for the slides and sprinklers to come on, a lifeguard came up to them to see if they would as he said "help the animals find the water". He gave them a safari hat and binoculars to find the magic "red button". They found the button, pulled it, and after a little time a bunch of inflatable animals came down the slide. They were really excited. The boys got to keep some of the animals. They also got a picture with the lifeguard and the animals and a certificate about the special moment.

Can't wait to get to go again and make some more memories.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
crush-whats your most magical moment??

Hmmmm its so hard for me..... Esp when ive only had 2 trips, one of which was almost 12 years ago......

For me, i think my most magical moment in The World has to be....

On my 2nd trip to The World with my GF and her DD in July this year, on our first day we had a breakfast booked at Chef Mickeys and this was the 1st meal we had ever booked as we wernt clued in on the reservation system on our trip the year before!

Anyway we were at breakfast at 8am before we were heading to The MK for the day, and as we were enjoying the buffet Tammy (my GFs DD) had no clue Mickey and friends were there, and the 1st headed our way was Minnie in her lovely red dress!!!

Well on this morning Tammy happened to be wearing a red dress with white polks dots and straight away Minnie ran towards her with her hands over her mouth, pulled Tammy up and pointed out her dress to every1 in the room!!! She loved Tammys dress cause it was like hers and Minnie made sure every1 saw her! Tammy was delighted, she got loads of pics with Minnie and a special auto graph and for the rest of the breakfast Minnie made a point of visiting our table everytime she was near:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
picture.php

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Have many to remember.

Sophomore in high school on a band trip, first trip to Disney, my then girlfriend (now wife) sent someone on the last day of the trip to the MK to get ears with my name on them. Senior year in high school, band trip again, getting to march in the parade at Hollywood Studios as part of the competition.

Fast foward to 2005 took both our families and then 23 month old son to Disney. His reaction to everything was worth every penny. He hated every other kind of mascot he saw before the trip. We ate at the Garden Grill the first night and he LOVED the characters. Hearing him yell "Mickey Mouse come here" was priceless. Throughout the trip he had to hug and kiss all the characters he met. He also got to parade around during the Lion King show at AK. Mother in law had cancer and her getting to see all of this was great.
Now to 2009 we all went again (mother in law still herethank God) and everyone went again. Were there from Dec.2 through Dec.8. This time oldest is 5 and another turned turned 2 on the 7th. He Hated the characters until the next to the last day when we again ate at the Garden Grill. He suddenly changed and started to love them. Have a picture of him kissing Mickey on the nose. Also that night we went to Ye Old Christmas shop to get him an ornament like ones we had gotten everyone else the last trip. I was talking to a cast member about the ones that we had gotten before, and telling her that it was his birthday and we were getting one for him since he wasn't around the last trip. She went behind the counter and pulled an ornament out and asked if we liked it. We did. She wrapped it up and gave to him because she said he needed an ornament too. That was great. The next day, our last, we went to the pool at AKL Kidani for the boys to swim before we checked out. While they were playing, it was about time for the slides and sprinklers to come on, a lifeguard came up to them to see if they would as he said "help the animals find the water". He gave them a safari hat and binoculars to find the magic "red button". They found the button, pulled it, and after a little time a bunch of inflatable animals came down the slide. They were really excited. The boys got to keep some of the animals. They also got a picture with the lifeguard and the animals and a certificate about the special moment.

Can't wait to get to go again and make some more memories.

More great magic from around the world :sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
January 22nd, 2008

The day my husband proposed to me in front of Cinderella's Castle. He pretended we were getting a photopass picture taken so we had lots of photos from the event. An 8x10 proudly hangs on our wall! Everyone around us started clapping, which made me turn a little red as I don't usually like being the center of attention. It was worth it on this occasion though :D

This must be a dream come through :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I am loving reading all of these!!! I have teared up quite a few times... :lookaroun

Gotta agree :sohappy::sohappy:

Some amazingly special moments experienced at The World :)

Just goes to show that with all the talk of how things are poor and whatever else, WDW still has some positive experiences to be discussed, makes a nice change from all the doom and gloom on here!!!:D:D

accord99cutie

Premium Member
I'll now share my number one most magical moment... there have been the past few trips Ive been on, but number one has to be the moment my DD3 (at the time) was bawling her eyes out with me on our last night at the World. we were walking out of the Magic Kingdom at 10 at night and we were both crying and she was saying to me and her dad " I dont want to go home! I want to stay at Disney World forever!!!" I don't think she understood how badly I wish the same thing :cry:. I knew at that moment I had a partner in my love for Disney! Her dad loves it too, but he is always ready to go home, i am NEVER ready for it... and neither is my girl :)

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I'll now share my number one most magical moment... there have been the past few trips Ive been on, but number one has to be the moment my DD3 (at the time) was bawling her eyes out with me on our last night at the World. we were walking out of the Magic Kingdom at 10 at night and we were both crying and she was saying to me and her dad " I dont want to go home! I want to stay at Disney World forever!!!" I don't think she understood how badly I wish the same thing :cry:. I knew at that moment I had a partner in my love for Disney! Her dad loves it too, but he is always ready to go home, i am NEVER ready for it... and neither is my girl :)

:ROFLOL:
I know exactly how you feel, on the last day of a 21day trip in july, we spent from 8am to 2am that night in the mk, including breakfast at crystal palace and lunch at cinderellas royal table, and the 2 of us really were fighting back the tears as we were so unsure when we would return..... we walked backwards down main street without taking our eyes off the castle after the kiss goodnight :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I think what makes it is that all around them people are in the process of walking, and none of them are looking at the castle. Meanwhile the are the only static people in the photo, and have a clear sight line to the castle.

-dave

Ha like they are just frozen in the moment :sohappy:

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
January 22nd, 2008

This must have been amazing, u must have been completeky shocked and overjoyed :sohappy:

Est1971

Too many to name 'em all....

BUT, the one that sticks out the most is my most recent trip on December 11, 2009. We were going on a 7 day cruise on Dec 13, 2009, sailing out of Miami so it being we live north of Orlando we decided to stay @ Disney for 1 night on the way down (this was what i reasoned to my GF). I was actually planning on proposing! So we stayed at the beautiful Saratoga Springs (1st time) @ Congress Park with a room facing DTD. So we go to Epcot for a few hours in the morning and then head to MK for a dinner ressie i had for CRT (proposal package, gf has NO clue). So we took our pic with Cinderella, and my GF was ecstatic. Mind you my GF absolutely loves Cinderella! Well we have dinner after just a beautiful day and her dessert arrives! A domed platter that when opened to her surprise had her engagement ring in Cinderellas glass slipper on top of a bed of roses! On the slipper it had the date, our names and "Happily Ever After" scribed into it. So at that point in front of the entire restaurant i got on 1 knee and proposed, she said yes! The whole restaurant clapped and so on. It was abosuletely amazing. So after all that we went to Cali Grill to watch Holiday Wishes (a must do everytime for us) to celebrate! Then we went to Epcot and ended the night on both of our favorite ride, Soarin'! On the way out the character spot had a short line (hardly ever does that happen) so we took our pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald Duck, and Goofy!!!!!!! By this time it was just past midnight so we head back to our lovely hotel room to go to sleep by watching one of her favs, Lady and The Tramp.

I must say this is by far the MOST Magical moment, day at The World i've ever had! I'm sure this goes without saying, my fiancee too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Too many to name 'em all....

BUT, the one that sticks out the most is my most recent trip on December 11, 2009. We were going on a 7 day cruise on Dec 13, 2009, sailing out of Miami so it being we live north of Orlando we decided to stay @ Disney for 1 night on the way down (this was what i reasoned to my GF). I was actually planning on proposing! So we stayed at the beautiful Saratoga Springs (1st time) @ Congress Park with a room facing DTD. So we go to Epcot for a few hours in the morning and then head to MK for a dinner ressie i had for CRT (proposal package, gf has NO clue). So we took our pic with Cinderella, and my GF was ecstatic. Mind you my GF absolutely loves Cinderella! Well we have dinner after just a beautiful day and her dessert arrives! A domed platter that when opened to her surprise had her engagement ring in Cinderellas glass slipper on top of a bed of roses! On the slipper it had the date, our names and "Happily Ever After" scribed into it. So at that point in front of the entire restaurant i got on 1 knee and proposed, she said yes! The whole restaurant clapped and so on. It was abosuletely amazing. So after all that we went to Cali Grill to watch Holiday Wishes (a must do everytime for us) to celebrate! Then we went to Epcot and ended the night on both of our favorite ride, Soarin'! On the way out the character spot had a short line (hardly ever does that happen) so we took our pictures with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald Duck, and Goofy!!!!!!! By this time it was just past midnight so we head back to our lovely hotel room to go to sleep by watching one of her favs, Lady and The Tramp.

I must say this is by far the MOST Magical moment, day at The World i've ever had! I'm sure this goes without saying, my fiancee too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREAD WIN!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Amazing moment, and congratulations :wave::wave:

ms7479a

Easy for me.

It's when I'm working and I see the face of a kid light up by just talking to them. Or making people laugh. Honestly it's just interacting with the guests in general. Really makes me proud.

I agree with you 100%. I have been in the college program (at The Seas) since May and some of my best Disney memories are interactions I have had with guests. Here are a couple that stick out:

1.) I was at Kidcot (when we still had Kidcot at The Seas) and a little girl and her mother were the only ones there coloring. I was having a nice conversation with the girl, asking her what her favorite ride was, if she had got to meet any of the characters, etc. After she was done coloring, the girl took out her autograph book, filled with autographs from a bunch of characters, and had me sign it.

2.) After hosting a Turtle Talk show, I was answering questions from a group of guests when I suddenly felt someone grabbing onto my legs. I looked down and saw a little girl, no taller than up to my knees, giving me a hug. She looked at me, said "Thank you so much," and then went running to her parents.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I agree with you 100%. I have been in the college program (at The Seas) since May and some of my best Disney memories are interactions I have had with guests. Here are a couple that stick out:

1.) I was at Kidcot (when we still had Kidcot at The Seas) and a little girl and her mother were the only ones there coloring. I was having a nice conversation with the girl, asking her what her favorite ride was, if she had got to meet any of the characters, etc. After she was done coloring, the girl took out her autograph book, filled with autographs from a bunch of characters, and had me sign it.

2.) After hosting a Turtle Talk show, I was answering questions from a group of guests when I suddenly felt someone grabbing onto my legs. I looked down and saw a little girl, no taller than up to my knees, giving me a hug. She looked at me, said "Thank you so much," and then went running to her parents.

This must be what its all about :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom