Your Most Magical Moment in The World???

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
So folks in all your trips to The World, what one moment stands out as the most magical you have had???

sublimesting

When we walked into the MK and hopped on the steam car. The Dapper Dans got on with us and serenaded us down Main St. just in time for the afternoon show at the castle.

Also

Watching my wife be in the show at the backlot tour as she was "bombed" at Pearl Harbor.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
When we walked into the MK and hopped on the steam car. The Dapper Dans got on with us and serenaded us down Main St. just in time for the afternoon show at the castle.

Also

Watching my wife be in the show at the backlot tour as she was "bombed" at Pearl Harbor.

I LOVE the dapper dans, never fail to entertain :sohappy:

heartodisney

I posted this one time..in "06, I was in line for the Everest ride, my wife will not ride, and a 6 to 8 year old boy was looking at my pin collection and we were talking..his parents were with him..we got to the cars when he asked his parents if he could ride with me..I said "ok" if it was fine with them..we had a BLAST! After the ride, his parents thanked me and just before they went on to other things, they said they were on their last day due to his "make a wish trip"..he had cancer and was about to go home for the start of chemo..I was FLOORED! I teared up and wanted to just tell his parents to go do things with my wife and he and I would do things and meet them later..I pray that child has more rides at Disney in the future!

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
I posted this one time..in "06, I was in line for the Everest ride, my wife will not ride, and a 6 to 8 year old boy was looking at my pin collection and we were talking..his parents were with him..we got to the cars when he asked his parents if he could ride with me..I said "ok" if it was fine with them..we had a BLAST! After the ride, his parents thanked me and just before they went on to other things, they said they were on their last day due to his "make a wish trip"..he had cancer and was about to go home for the start of chemo..I was FLOORED! I teared up and wanted to just tell his parents to go do things with my wife and he and I would do things and meet them later..I pray that child has more rides at Disney in the future!

WOW :sohappy:

I second that!!

bucahenze

My most magical moment would have to be spending New Years' Eve with my family and girlfriend under the stars and fireworks at WISHES!

jeffk410

My most magical time was probably about ten years ago when i was 9. My family and I were in the back area of the Kodak store to the right of the train station when you first walk in. My family and I were in the room with the 7 dwarfs and they sent a solid 20 minutes with just us. I have pictures of sleepy sleeping on my brothers shoulder and funny stuff like that. Even though it was ten years ago I still remember that day. (the pictures help too)

bucahenze

Ya, that would be sweet! Epcot would be packed too, though. But if you have never been or if you have, that would be something neat to experience.

obrienIII

Best Moment

I grew up in Orlando, so I've been to Disney hundreds of times from the early 70's up until I graduated high school in 1990. I went with my sister(sweetpee_1993) with her family's first trip in 2004 and again Jan of this year. Have had many wonderful moments and memories through the years, but the greatest memory my sister went with me in May to take my 2 daughters(10 &12) on their first trip to the world. We checked in at the Poly, and hung around the resort for awhile before we headed to the Magic Kingdom for our dinner ressies at CRT. It was raining when we walked in the gate, so we were all just trying to stay dry not really soaking in the ambiance of town square. Then the magic hit, both my daughters stopped dead in their tracks and started crying as they gazed upon Cinderella's castle for the first time. My sister and I looked at each other as tears filled our eyes and we smiled, greatest moment ever.:)

Krack2

About ten years ago, I joined my cousin and her two kids on the kids' first trip to WDW. They were 4 (boy) and 2 (girl) at the time. Anyways, this one is a two parter:

My nephew was terrified of the characters with masks and refused to have his picture taken with Mickey (who he threatened to stab with his plastic pirate sword), Donald, etc. We spent the majority of our MK time in Fantasyland, but on the last night of the trip, we made our way to Tomorrowland and I took him on Buzz Lightyear. He was enthralled by the Buzz AA and when he got off the ride, he immediately sprinted to his mother to inform her that he met "the real Buzz Lightyear" (as opposed to Mickey who was *cough* "just a bad guy in a mask"). It was the highlight of his trip and we probably went on the ride 5 times that night.

The second part, however, is my favorite WDW moment. Because my nephew was being so difficult with the characters (refusing to have his picture taken), his mother and I were become slightly frustrated. We had rented strollers for the two kids and my nephew had become incredibly skilled at running from an attraction and hopping into every stroller in WDW but our own (the one labeled with our last name). Anyways, on Day 2 we were in EPCOT and he ran out of The Land and jumped in the "Ginsberg" stroller. Let's just say, we are not the Ginsbergs. In a small fit of frustration, I let out with a "Hey! ... Grumpy Ginsberg ... get out of the stroller. You're in the wrong one."

For the last ten years, my nephew (to his dismay) has been known in our family as "Grumpy Ginsberg" anytime he's anything less than 100% positive about something. It always makes me smile and think of his pout when we told him he was in the wrong stroller. He'll be in his fifties and I'll still be calling him Grumpy Ginsberg.

As an aside, his two year old sister (who also liked strange strollers) had a tendancy to hang her hands over the side almost scraping the ground. We were constantly worried about running over one of her fingers. To this day, we still call her "Nubby Gonzales" because of that trip. And, no, we are not the Gonzales family either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom