Your ideal amount of time

jonty666

Original Poster
If holidays from work, finances etc... were not a factor, how long would you wish to spend at Disney to be able to see everything you want to see?

hwdelien

2 weeks stay with 8 day passes would be my ideal. That'd give me 2 days in each park plus 5 days to hang out at the resorts.

Mrs.PhD

Yeah, I think 2 weeks also. One never seems to be enough, but any longer then 2 would be a long time to be away from home. We would take a lot of time off and just hang out, maybe head over to Vero Beach for a few days too.

Actually a few trips in with in a few months is kind of nice. We have done that before. One year we went for a week the 1st week of Jan, again in March for a few days (just DH and I) and then back to WDW and Wonder the 1st week of May. That was great.

This year 8 nights and 9 days.

DisneyGigi

We usually stay 10 days and it still seems like it is over so quick. I would like to stay 14 since DH gets so much vacation time but I cannot leave my cat any longer than that :D

imamouse

I've always wanted to be able to stay at WDW until I felt ready to go home. My guess is it'd take me a month to see and do everything on my list at a leisurely pace. Realistically - two weeks would be very nice. So far, my longest trip was 8 nights. We took one day off and went to Sea World one day - WDW the rest. It was great!

petersenjp

Ideally, probably two weeks like everyone else is saying. That would be enough time to actually resort hop, relax by the pool, play some mini golf, check out the water parks, find as many Hidden Mickey's as possible, and maybe even head to Universal for a day or two. Of course, with all the food being consumed, maybe a trip to Walmart for larger clothes!!! :ROFLOL:

rsoxguy

I have done two weeks several times and have always felt the need to go home at the end of my time at WDW. Two weeks is just about right.

baby1disney

I would have to go with about a month!! My grandparents used to live in Florida and I loved being down there.:)

The reason why I'm saying a month is because we could go visit the Kennedy Space Center, do Universal, Sea World, and of course DISNEY!!!!! :D Plus, I think just one of those weeks would be nice just to relax and not have anything to do, ya know??

But, me personally, I could do about 2-2 1/2 wks and I would be good. But, I would definitely have to stay at either OKW or BC--never been to BC, but would like to someday!!

Since1976

I agree with two weeks. Anything more and I could see myself starting to get complacent about WDW, perhaps even start to hate it.

Unfortunately, neither my job nor my wife's would allow us to take that much time off all at once.

WhatJaneSays

I think it really depends on a few factors:
How often you're able to go
When you will be able go again
Size of the group you are traveling with
Age of people in the group
If you plan on taking in off site parks or shows

For about 75% of families 10-12 days is probably the optimum length. It's enough time to enjoy yourself as a group, have a chance to relax and hit one or two off site attractions if you are so inclined.

For couples with no children or going with just 1 or 2 adult friends 6-8 days is about all you need. Everybody can go their separate ways and still have group time. You can see quite a lot more because you don't have to spent half the trip comprising.

For locals that go more than once a year 3-5 days is normal. Time enough to enjoy you favorites and see what ever new thing has come along. If you go often you don't want to overload.

Even if there were no blocks like money or work I think most people would top out at 14-16 days of just Disney World. If you added the rest of that area of Florida I could see a longer trip even up to a 21-30 day trip. I've met a few people, mostly from over-seas, that do the month long "Super Trip" but they often are doing the Universal parks, Bush Gardens, the Space Center and lots of other things.

I'd LOVE to do that sort of trip someday. But for Disney I'd only go for a 8 day trip, I couldn't do a 14 day trip anymore.

wdwmomof3

I think the two weeks would be perfect. The longest we have stayed was 8 days in the parks, with 1/2 a day added before at an outside hotel. Still, after two weeks, I am sure that I would want more time. I don't think that you can ever get enough of Disney World. :D

trr1

i think 15 days would be good
11 days at WDW 3 days at universal and IOA 1 at sea world but would stay in park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom