your favorite little known things to do in WDW

SnowWhite5669

Getting a wake up call from the main Mouse himself. What a way to start the day!

Sipping a glass of champagne as you watch Illuminations.

Knowing that after you watch Illuminations you can simply walk back to your room at the BeachClub (favorite resort) and not deal with the crowds on the bus.

Being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary (second favorite resort).

Knowing that Disney is where my husband and I fell in love and where he proposed. :kiss:

ruca

I love sitting in the rocking chairs across from City Hall on Main Street after the last parade and relaxing while all the crowds leave the park. It's so relaxing, the people watching is great and it lets you avoid the crowds. :D

GenerationX

Watching the fireworks in Illuminations from the bridge between the Beach Club Villas and the Boardwalk, preferably while eating a scoop of ice cream from Beaches & Cream. :slurp:

Heh!!

*I love to go through backstage in normal clothing while people look at me saying ? Where is that tourist going? Especially near the castle entrances.

*On my days off I would love going to the resorts to kick back. Favorite resort was the one I worked at which was Yacht and Beach. I'd sleep on the couches and relax near the pool areas.

*Eating the 11 dollar burger at beaches and cream. I MISS THOSE BURGERS!!

* At the board walk cafeteria, I'd stare as the tourist would walk by the "hidden walls" We were underneath or at least head angled.

*In magic kingdom, I'd love the benches in back of the castle

*At epcot, I'd sleep under space ship earth on that bench right underneath it while I looked up to the sky. That was my favorite spot.

* ICE STATION COOL!!!

*The little hidden area when you enter asia near kali river rapids. It led to a little path and at the end of that path was that building.

That's about it really. I think...

vanonid

Port Orleans has a nice small boat ride to Downtown Disney. Spooky at night.

Most people never notice the mosiac wall inside the castle by the store.

webmomom

At the AK we like to go and look at the White Cheek Gibbons. They are located near the Kali Rapids. They are really fun to watch. The big reason we go is; about two years ago we were on the tour at the Ak Wild by Design. It was the beginning of this tour and we were the only people on the tour. Dave the tour guide explained to us we would not beable to go there as the mother had just a baby and we would not see anything. Well as we were walking he said lets just try. Sure enough there she was sitting outside with the baby on her. The baby was only an hour old. When we came up she just sat there, like saying, "look at my baby, like a very proud mom." So everytime we go to the AK we have to go see Our Baby.

We also like to walk on the different paths around the tree. It is amazing what you see and find on these paths. Hardly anyone is ever there.

We use to like to take the secret path at the AK, until they closed it.

wliggy

Toasted Coconut Snowball icecream dessert at O'Hana's at the Poly. You do not have to go in O'Hana's. You can order it from the bar near the host or hostess. (It has been awhile, I hope they still have this)

artvandelay

hakunamatata said:
2. Taking a fishin excursion and catching more fish than I though immaginable in 7 seas lagoon where the big boat docks in front of the magic kingdom.

I did the same thing. When our guide brought us there, I thought she was kidding. I lost count of how many we caught.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
artvandelay said:
I did the same thing. When our guide brought us there, I thought she was kidding. I lost count of how many we caught.

Yes it was quite amazing. I was by myself and when I started fishing the guide was just sitting there. She said it was against policy for the guide to fish while the guest was fishing. I told her bolony and that if she didnt pick up a rod and start fishing I was going to call customer relations when I got back and complain. She started.........

dandaman

Nora said:
I love Ice Station Cool! And, yes, I am that one disturbed individual who loves Beverly. If I could buy it by the bottle I would. It reminds me of Campari sodas.:slurp:
I love "Smart Watermelon", carbonated watermelon drink can't be beat!

stitchlvr

Original Poster
yummmmmm....Smart! I miss that! We made a stop at Epcot one day between parks, for the sole purpose of getting our fill of Smart

:slurp: :slurp:

matrtj

Ice station cool

Never mins the drinks - it's just nice to go cool down in there on a hot day...

Fave thing: Going to Downtown disney, getting a hotdog and soaking up the atmosphere before unpacking on the first day.

M

KimPossible

lets see there are so many...

1.) taking a guided tour and one day hoping its a VIP tour (i keep asking for holidays and bdays, but where's the love?)

2.)drinking a Bellini from Italy as i watch the living statues.

3.) sitting on the side of the parade route waiting for the show to begin with my cousins.

4.) leaving the park after it is "closed" (we sometimes eat dinner late, just before closing so that when we leave, it seems like we are the only ones in the park. Really helps with crowd control when you go with 9 people)

5.) strolling around the world showcase promenade hearing the illuminations pre-show music, watching the wolrdshowcase players.....i could go on and on

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I would say that there isn't too much "little known" on this site, but some of our favorites are:

tours

Dole whips

percs for birthday/anniversary

talking with CM's...like everywhere, some are duds, but so many are great fun to talk with when asked about themselves, their work or their suggestions, not the same stupid questions. This is especially nice with the International CM's at World Showcase.

Alternative transportation like walking between MGM/Boardwalk/Epcot, boat rides for the same, horse drawn trolly on Main Street and the train at AK.

Really taking note of the nuances of theming.

PurpleDragon

Sitting at the tables in the morning on Mainstreet eating a cinnamon roll and watching the "WDW virgins" faces as they get their first close up glimpse of the castle.

Sitting in front of the jungle cruise with a Dole whip, listening to the Tiki head Drums play.

36oz beer, some shnizel, sausage and saurkraut, and speitzel at the Germany Biergarten

Eating churos at Mexico and listening to the Mariachi band

Eating an egg roll by the pond in china

Ghiradelli icecream in DTD (Mmmmmmmmm...)

Walking around the lake at the riverside resort late at night soaking in the atmosphere and imagining your in the Louisiana bayou.

Cooling off in Ice Station Cool. (Beverley, yuck!!! My wife worked for coke and knew about it, she tricked me into trying it, I had to spit it back into the cup! It taste like bad cough medicine.)

Sitting in front of ToT and eating a turkey leg, laughing at the screams coming from above.

A bus driver with good sense of humor and lots of disney trivia

I could go on but there is much too much to mention.

barnum42

PurpleDragon said:
Cooling off in Ice Station Cool. (Beverley, yuck!!! My wife worked for coke and knew about it, she tricked me into trying it, I had to spit it back into the cup! It taste like bad cough medicine.)
But I bet you lure unsuspecting victims towards Beverly :lol: I sometimes call it facemaker, people ask why and I tell them if they taste it they will find out. Curiosity gets the better of them. Soon as it hits their taste buds they find out ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom