your favorite little known things to do in WDW

bhg469

barnum42 said:
But I bet you lure unsuspecting victims towards Beverly :lol: I sometimes call it facemaker, people ask why and I tell them if they taste it they will find out. Curiosity gets the better of them. Soon as it hits their taste buds they find out ;)

disney really needs to put a web cam on beverly it would be my favorite thing to do on slow days at work.

WDWScottieBoy

bhg469 said:
disney really needs to put a web cam on beverly it would be my favorite thing to do on slow days at work.

Now THAT I would love to see. I might actually pay to see that. I'd sit in front of my computer and just laugh all day long. Excellent idea, we could be on top of something. Anyone here work with hidden camera type things? :lol:

bhg469

WDWScottieBoy said:
Now THAT I would love to see. I might actually pay to see that. I'd sit in front of my computer and just laugh all day long. Excellent idea, we could be on top of something. Anyone here work with hidden camera type things? :lol:

no hidden cameras i am willing to talk about j/k but i always love seeing people getting set up by their friends with beverly, and im not the only one who has "punked" a friend into it either. i would be too great though.

PurpleDragon

you guys might be on to something there with the cameras, I would pay for that too. As far as I'm concerned, there are only like 2 of those drinks that even taste remotely paletable.

As soon as my wife tricked me into drinking Beverly, someone was like "What was that one?" I told them "Beverly" and they asked "What does it taste like?", and I'm sure I said the samething everyone else says "Try it, and see!" LOL

The faces people make after trying that stuff are priceless.

rosebud's mom

I have so very many that it is hard to be consise. One thing that I truly enjoy is taking someone for their first trip. It takes me back in time to my first magical trip. I love the Marshmallow Roast and the petting zoo at Fort Wilderness. I've never found the lawnmower tree, though....

Since my father has passed away, I always do 2 things in his memory. He always sat and listened to the piano player on Main Street, and he loved the rocking chairs in Frontierland.

bhg469

PurpleDragon said:
you guys might be on to something there with the cameras, I would pay for that too. As far as I'm concerned, there are only like 2 of those drinks that even taste remotely paletable.

As soon as my wife tricked me into drinking Beverly, someone was like "What was that one?" I told them "Beverly" and they asked "What does it taste like?", and I'm sure I said the samething everyone else says "Try it, and see!" LOL

The faces people make after trying that stuff are priceless.

i took my frind brian in there and unfortunately my plan was ruined. all taht afternoon i was telling him about this amazing drink from italy and disney gives it away for free "you gotta try it" i told him. so we walk in from the "snow" and we hear some kid scream out loud, EWWW ITALY TASTES LIKE PUKE (I think it tastes like earwax and tonic water) but my friend heard this kid, but tried it anyway. the face would have been so much better had he not been ready for it.

cafeteria

webmomom said:
I guess I am being dumb, but where is the Boardwalk Cafeteria?
Okay, you know the backstage areas that lead to epcot resorts right? That area where the gas station is in the corner when you turn to the right? I know these are very glim details, but I'm trying my best to remember where it is. It's the first resort on the right when you turn and well, you walk in through the back and go through housekeeping and then turn to the right and the cafeteria is there. @_@ Not very detailed I know but oh well. x_X heh.

Toasted Coconut Snowball Icecream!!!?!!!!!!????????????! That sounds very yummy and I hope they still have it there so I can go and try that. Reminds me of the pinapple floats in adventure land in MK. #_# YUM!

longfamily

My son likes the pirate cruise at the GF
We all like the maze like garden behind Great Britian in Epcot. No one is ever back there so I guess it's little known.
My Hubby Likes to Dive in the living Seas. It seems that people love to watch the divers but no one is real sure how to become one of those divers:animwink:

Lores

PurpleDragon said:
Cooling off in Ice Station Cool. (Beverley, yuck!!! My wife worked for coke and knew about it, she tricked me into trying it, I had to spit it back into the cup! It taste like bad cough medicine.)

There has been a lot of time since my last visit to WDW, and Station Cool was not there the last lime I went. Anyway, I had the bad luck of tasting "Beverly" in the Coca Cola museum in Atlanta. There was other beverage as horrible as that, called Ichi Mello (or something like that), a Coca Cola company product from Thailand. I cant decide to this day which was more awful. ¿Is Ichi Mello in Station Cool? ¿By any chance is there an apple flavored soda?

PurpleDragon

Lores said:
There has been a lot of time since my last visit to WDW, and Station Cool was not there the last lime I went. Anyway, I had the bad luck of tasting "Beverly" in the Coca Cola museum in Atlanta. There was other beverage as horrible as that, called Ichi Mello (or something like that), a Coca Cola company product from Thailand. I cant decide to this day which was more awful. ¿Is Ichi Mello in Station Cool? ¿By any chance is there an apple flavored soda?
Ice Station Cool is basically alot like World of Coke in Atlanta, as far as the flavor tasting goes. Ice Station doesn't have quite as many flavor options, but I think I do remember Ichi Mello being there too. Basically I only remember there being one drink that they had that was remotely paletable. I think it was the watermelon flavored drink(can't rememeber what country its from).

waltdisny

Lores said:
Yes there is. It's German, I think. Pretty tasty.:slurp: There are Mexican and Israeli beverages that are also good, but I can't remember their names.

Lores

waltdisny said:
Yes there is. It's German, I think. Pretty tasty.:slurp: There are Mexican and Israeli beverages that are also good, but I can't remember their names.

The mexican MUST be "Manzana Lift" ¿Am I right?

stitchlvr

Original Poster
the apple soda I believe is from Mexico. The watermelon is called "Smart" and is from China, I think (YUM!) :slurp: . The Beverly is from Italy :hurl: . There's something called Mezzo Mix, I think. But I don't remember if that is from Israel or Germany (or somewhere else). There's also Vegi-beta, which was some type of vegitable soda but I don't remember where it was from (South America somewhere maybe?) Maybe that will spark someone else's memory...

PurpleDragon

Apparently the World of Coke in Atlanta has a much larger variety than Ice Station Cool. My wife worked there and told me that there they have other drink flavors that make Beverly sound tasty.:eek: OMG, the mere thought that something could taste worse than Beverly is just nauseating.:hurl:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PurpleDragon said:
Apparently the World of Coke in Atlanta has a much larger variety than Ice Station Cool. My wife worked there and told me that there they have other drink flavors that make Beverly sound tasty.:eek: OMG, the mere thought that something could taste worse than Beverly is just nauseating.:hurl:

Where is Beverly regularly marketed?

Lores

stitchlvr said:
the apple soda I believe is from Mexico. The watermelon is called "Smart" and is from China, I think (YUM!) :slurp: . The Beverly is from Italy :hurl: . There's something called Mezzo Mix, I think. But I don't remember if that is from Israel or Germany (or somewhere else). There's also Vegi-beta, which was some type of vegitable soda but I don't remember where it was from (South America somewhere maybe?) Maybe that will spark someone else's memory...

I remember I hated two sodas, one was Beverly and the other was Ichy Mello; one was from Italy, the other from Thailand. So if Beverly is the italian one, Mello must be from Thailand. Anyway, somewere around the Coca Cola world in Atlanta, I read that Beverly was some kind of alcohol-free ale or something like that.

And back to the original thread, I would recomend that in the Haunted House, in the stretching room, everyone in the company look up at the end. We fans know there is a hanging body, but I went to Disney 20 times before noticing. Oh, boy, I was truly scared when I saw it! The haunted house experience changed in 180 degrees.

Also, is good to tell everyone the storyline of the ride (if it has one) because is not always easy to find or understand it. That conects the group to the ride, and they can't wait to see the strory you already told... Like a movie trailer. If the ride has no real storyline, you can invent one, it is fun for them and also for the one who is creating it.

Take your time at pavillions and roads. Most of the time we underapreciate this things because our attention is in the rides, but there is very good mood and ambientation in roads, pavillions, shops and queue lines. I love to walk calmly in "Sea Base Alpha" (The Living Sea) and Adventureland. Some friends have told me that walking in Animal Kingdom is even greater that do the rides.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
PurpleDragon said:
Its a Coke product manufactured specifically for the Italian Market. Its distributed throughout Italy.

Are the Italian's tastes that much different than the rest of the world. If this stuff tastes's this bad, how do they sell any of it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom