Your dream WDW retirement job?

irish_man

After reading all the posts, the best one has to be working with the Norwegian girls at Epcot!!! However, if I could do something the WDW I'd love to drive the monorail, or drive the red car ( if i had the skill ) at MGM lights motors action show!!! The sweet sound of the motorbike engined cars, I couldn't get fed up listening to it.

figment1985

Forget retirment...I want to make a career with disney!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Exactly. I think I'd like to be Alice in wonderland now (since I could pass as her now) But later on, I think I'd love to retire and be a security person at Epcot, get to ride on a segway all day, lol!

DVC Dave

I have a short 11 1/2 years to go. Like the rest of us, I spend all day thinking about WDW. My dream retirement job would be to operate the Friendship boats from Beach Club to Disney/MGM Studios, to EPCOT, and back. What's your Dream Job?

My wife and I talk about this all the time!! Currently I would Love to be the greater at the Beach Club. I know Art is there and he does an AMAZING job, but I do not retire for 30 years! Another job I talk about is one of the boat captains, either around the Epcot resorts lake area or Magic Kingdom area!
My wife would make an excellent person to work and customer service area.

Thanks, Great question!

toadh63

Go for it, you guys! I love the (albeit temporary) change of career that being a Cast Member in the summer provides. (As teachers, you're already skilled at dealing with large number of parents and kids in a tactful, respectful manner. ;) )

I rent a room in a house in Orlando owned by friends of mine, who are both Cast Members themselves. Disney will not help you find a local address, unfortunately, but there are rentals to be had. I found mine strictly by sheer perververance - talking to Cast Members three years ago until I met someone willing to let me rent a room from them! :ROFLOL: We have since, of course, become the best of friends, and I return each summer. Check the Orlando Sentinel, or call any of the apartment hunters listed in the Orlando phone book.

Thanks, Figmentmom... I may give this a try!

Ah, yes... Tact and Respect... Hallmarks of the 21st Century Teacher

("Okay, let's put away cells and iPods and get your notes ready..."
Repeat 32 times a period.
During the post-test review: "Why do you think you didn't pass?"
"Because you didn't teach it right!") :hammer:

Joepic

Waiter at Chef Mickey's, or operating the MK monorail. I think the monorail would come first. I have a long while to go before I can retire, but I'm always thinking about working at WDW when I retire.

Eljay

A while ago, I was walking through World Showcase and a Segway zipped by me, picking up trash with one of those long-handled grabber thingies. I looked at my friend and said, "There's my retirement job!":animwink:

PineapplePrincess

I'd like to be a Fairy Godmother at the BBB. Since I have a daughter, I've had a lot of practice doing little girls' hair and makeup (for dance recital purposes only). Anybody know if you need a license to work there? Since they don't cut, or comb the hair for that matter, I'm assuming that you don't.

ImaYoyo

I'd like to be a Fairy Godmother at the BBB. Since I have a daughter, I've had a lot of practice doing little girls' hair and makeup (for dance recital purposes only). Anybody know if you need a license to work there? Since they don't cut, or comb the hair for that matter, I'm assuming that you don't.
Nope, no license necessary.

dixiegirl

For me My all time favorite is to be a butterfly in the spectromagic parade...But....I figure by the time I retire they really won't want some ole lady dancing around in a spandex outfit that lights up.. to boot!!! Yeah so I figure I'd like to either be a greeter at the front gate of magic kingdom or....sell turkey legs..either way as long as i'm in Walt Disney World..I really don't care.....

4 month and 21 days to go......till our next trip......is it here yet!!!?

AutumnKlassic

My parents have already put some thought into this. They want to take the RV down with the rest of the snowbirds and park it at the campground and work at the general store there. RVers are a different breed and they LOVE to talk. My parents would love to work with these people. The commute would be great too! Just hop on your golfcart and go to work.

LudwigVonDrake

I've always said that when I retire, I'd go down to WDW and drive a bus. I would talk to the guests, joke with them, get them to sing songs. I've had a couple of bus drivers who did that and I thought they were great. I dislike bus drivers who don't say one word the whole trip.

DVC Dave

I've always said that when I retire, I'd go down to WDW and drive a bus. I would talk to the guests, joke with them, get them to sing songs. I've had a couple of bus drivers who did that and I thought they were great. I dislike bus drivers who don't say one word the whole trip.

I love it when the drivers talk and joke..makes it even more special to be in Disney. Thats a great idea for disney lovers. By the time we retire we have been there so many times we 'd have lots of stories to tell!

DisneyChik17

Disney needs more good bus drivers. We had one that was AMAZING. He was so friendly and animated. We also had another that was rude and had the air-conditioner OFF then when asked to turn on the air,he turned on the vent, but not the cool air. (This was mid-afternoon on a pretty warm April day.) I wish there were many many more like the first one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom