Your dream WDW retirement job?

toadh63

Do you really notice many retirement age people working with the public in the parks at WDW?
Seems like it's mostly young people.

:)

There's a ton of mature folks working the parks once school is back in session, then lots of snowbirds from Halloween until Memorial Day. If you ever have the chance, come on a weekday in February - I think older cast members are the biggest group there... and that's a pretty good thing.

Where in Texas? Near the new park in Katy?

(Readers incited, he slinks away and disappears into the crowd)
:drevil: Bwah-ha-ha-ha...

Nansafan

I started a dream job thread a few years ago and my dream job has not changed. I want to work on the WDW Railroad. The costumes are tres chic. My mom used to send me to the front porch to call for me sister and brother to come home for dinner. People could hear me all over the neighborhood. I'd be perfect for the "Aaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllll Aboooooooarrrrddddddddddddd!"

scpergj

This is an easy question for me, too...I want to be an engineer on the WDW railroad!. Those antique engines are so interesting to me, and it would be pretty much opposite what I do now...I'm a computer programmer and network administrator, with some DBA thrown in for good measure. I nice low tech job sounds just about perfect!

Kevin

RiversideBunny

For some reason, I've thought I would like to be a 'street sweeper dude' on Main Street, or at least in the Magic Kingdom.
You get to walk around, not stuck in one place, and get to talk to people and see what's going on.

:king: :king: :king: :king: :king:

Tim G

I have a short 11 1/2 years to go. Like the rest of us, I spend all day thinking about WDW. My dream retirement job would be to operate the Friendship boats from Beach Club to Disney/MGM Studios, to EPCOT, and back. What's your Dream Job?
Errr... :veryconfu :lookaroun :D

figmentmom

I've often thought about this...

I teach school, and have frequently considered moving down there and working there during the summer...

I teach school in St Pete... just a question... how do you go about getting a summer job at WDW when you aren't living commute distance from the park? Is there a friend/relative in the area, or a summer rental? If your address is more than 45 minutes from the park, casting won't hire you.

While going through all the hoops for my job in Pinellas, I actually interviewed, got hired and processed for a Tampa DRC job at WDW Casting, but couldn't get called back for on-property (I have a Tampa address).

Go for it, you guys! I love the (albeit temporary) change of career that being a Cast Member in the summer provides. (As teachers, you're already skilled at dealing with large number of parents and kids in a tactful, respectful manner. ;) )

I rent a room in a house in Orlando owned by friends of mine, who are both Cast Members themselves. Disney will not help you find a local address, unfortunately, but there are rentals to be had. I found mine strictly by sheer perververance - talking to Cast Members three years ago until I met someone willing to let me rent a room from them! :ROFLOL: We have since, of course, become the best of friends, and I return each summer. Check the Orlando Sentinel, or call any of the apartment hunters listed in the Orlando phone book.

Do you really notice many retirement age people working with the public in the parks at WDW?
Seems like it's mostly young people.

:)

Many of them are College Program kids.

. . . yeah:lookaroun

. . . right:lookaroun

. . . so you were like this before?:lookaroun

:lol:
:fork: :fork: :fork:

lpet11984

I can see myself either driving the monorail, working at a store (Emporium or MouseGears, preferably), or one of the "street" cart vendors at Epcot or MK.

I, too, have thought about trying to work there over the summers, as I too am a school teacher during the remainder of the year. However, that will have to wait until at least I can completely my master's degree so I'll just keep dreaming and planning vacations down there in the mean time...

Scooter

I think that if I were retired and living near WDW, I would like to work in The Christmas Store in Downtown Disney.

It smells so good in there, it's clean and spacious, it's air conditioned, and because it feels and smells so much like Christmas time all year round, I would imagine almost everyone that comes in to shop would be in a happy mood. After all, Tis the season to be Jolly.:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom