Your Biggest Disappointment At WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisJosh

I apologize for making a fuss on the forum. I have to keep in mind that if I want to instigate or debate I can us the Private Message feature. ;)

agent86

I apologize for making a fuss on the forum. I have to keep in mind that if I want to instigate or debate I can us the Private Message feature. ;)

The most effective way to combat remarks that are racially charged is to correct them in a public manner, rather than in private. In short, you did the right thing.

voodoo321

HISTA is far worse than SGE imo. A boring pre-show that had nothing to do with the attraction and a poorly written/developed show that left my entire family ticked that we lost a good 45 minutes of our time in Epcot sitting through this garbage. Slamming SGE is the popular thing to do around here. At least it has a cohesive storyline and has some entertaining elements. Yeah, AE was better, though far from being a classic, untouchable attraction.
I even liked SGE better than the Nemo musical. The songs were BAD(lazy songwriting) and took away, rather than enhance, the story telling.

tirian

So, what is your biggest disappointment of any trip to WDW. Rude or just plain ignorant Cast Members?

Mine happened at Japan in the World Showcase. We had waited almost an hour for the girl who does the candy animals due to her being late although it did give me extra time to browse in the shop, I love that place. Anyhoo, she finally turned up and started off with a demo of her skills before asking if there where any requests. My young son was very excited by all of this and was waving his hands in the air but time and time again she ignored the toddler that was right in front of her in favour of the oriental guests who where at the back of the pack. Poor show and it ruined what had been a very enjoyable day at Epcot.

You let this ruin your entire day? I used to do the exact same thing when I was a kid, and I was frequently passed over, too; I now suspect that most entertainers get tired of kids who crave the spotlight. :shrug: My parents always told me to get over it—and I'm glad they did.

tirian

Fuss? What fuss?

Being PC is SO 1990s. Don't you watch Comedy Central? (j/k)

Courtney1188

I'm shocked that no one else has said this yet, but... It's A Bug's Life.

Words cannot describe how much I hated that show. I remember how excited I was that trip, I was 12 or so and my dad was letting me plan our itinerary for our very first trip to Animal Kingdom. I was reading reviews for it and told him I thought we should skip that show. Of course, he was like, "No no, it's in the tree of life, we have to see it!"

Left halfway through and never went back.
I hate hate bugs. But at least I got to say I told you so.

eddiemcgarrigle

Original Poster
In a previous post today, you were pleased that a CM who 'took a shine to' your toddler didn't allow another parent to distract her from him, now you're upset that a different CM apparently didn't take a shine to him?

My point is that she asked for people to raise their hands and then proceeded to ignore them, my son included, and continually ask a group of adult Japanese\Chinese\Malaysian\Thai\Korean .... oh , Oriental (and I'll damn well say it if I please) guests who only looked mildly interested. Maybe that was her point but it certainly proved to be a big disappointment to all the kids who where frantically waving their hands in the air, just as they where asked to. Let's face it, kids and candy go particularly well together and I thought that would have been the whole point of her show (apart from making the animals which she is rather good at).

I couldn't care less if a CM takes a shine to my son or not, if they do then it's a bonus and a happier day all round. If they don't, well Dad is always their to do that anyway but to ignore kids in the way that she did was not a very nice thing to do.

C&D

I have to agree with some of the earlier responders; the most dissappointing thing at WDW is some of the guests rude behavior; if some of the attractions are not to my favor I just skip them (others enjoy them so that's not my concern).

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The occasional sighting of green and grey hordes, with their deodorant and soap avoidance issues.

Insufficient scantily dressed strumpets.

Fan boys who think we all want to hear their expansive knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom