Your Biggest Disappointment At WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonrider1227

Magic Kingdom's ToonTown Fair. After seeing pictures and video of Disneyland's Toontown, I was incredibly disappointing to see WDW's was less of a Toon TOWN and more of a Toon STREET!
That and when I first saw "Al's Toy Barn" on the MGM Studios map, I was kinda hoping that it was actually a toy store and not just a Photo Op XD

daverube

My 2 most disappointing revalations both involve the Columbia Harbor House:

1.) When they got rid of the Monte Cristo sandwich

2.) When they got rid of the bread bowl for their soups..... :shrug:

Now, I usually don't post regarding others' right or wrong interpretation of stuff, but these "racist" finger-pointing comments have gone far enough....

see below....

The most effective way to combat remarks that are racially charged is to correct them in a public manner, rather than in private. In short, you did the right thing.

I don't believe the op had the intent of making a racially charged comment. He did call the folks he was referring to as "oriental guests." While I agree with DisJosh that the term "oriental" fell out of use a long, long time ago, some still use it. In fact, Merrium-Webster maintains it in their dictionary.

See:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/oriental

Obviously, there are others who posted incorrectly that the op made racist comments (including one poster who decided to use their FIRST POST to try to make a point....incorrectly), I just didn't want to quote them all.

Although Steve runs these boards (and does a good job of it) and it should be his job to police what people write, I think the incorrect finger-pointing should be left to the blog-posts at cnn.com and foxnews.com....

my 2 cents....

dave

DisneyJunkie

I almost forgot a biggie (to me)........ I truly regret the decision to do away with the pineapple and caramel sauce as the dessert at 'Ohana and their replacement with that disgusting slop known as bread pudding.

Timmay

If you want to expose yourself as a racist, feel free. But are you really that stupid to not know that the proper term is Asian?

Okay...enough already. I think they get the point. No need to call a person a racist over a mistake. Just silly!!

tirian

The occasional sighting of green and grey hordes, with their deodorant and soap avoidance issues.

Insufficient scantily dressed strumpets.

Fan boys who think we all want to hear their expansive knowledge.

People who quote the HM Ghost Host in the stretching room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom