Your Absolute, No Questions Asked, Favorite Attraction and, why?

Yensid_Robert9

Original Poster
Ok, so I looked up, down, and around the boards for this topic and couldn't find it. If it was posted, well sorry, Just wanted to share this. So here we go......What is your absolute favorite attraction? And lets make it fun and go into detail as to why you love it so much. Did you love it the first time you rode/experienced it? Did it grow on you? Any special story behind your love for it? Let's hear it!

Here's my story, My favorite attraction hands down would definitely be STAR TOURS! I first came upon it on the first trip to DL that I really remember. I think that's because I was finally tall enough for most Attractions :lol:. Must have been around 6-7 years old. The family grabbed a great spot on Main Street for the MSEP. And me being an antsy little fellow not wanting to wait 45 minutes for the parade to start, my dad took me to ride quite a few things. So mom, big bro, and G'ma held the spot.

One thing he took me to was ST. I loved it! We rode it about 3 times in a row! Now that I'm almost 21 I look back realizing the reason I love it so much is because I never got to spend a lot of time with my dadas a real youngin' as he was always working days and coaching big bro in soccer. It was finally a moment where it was just US having a blast. There is no way I can go to DHS or DL without a trip to Endor and it's that much more special when I get to enjoy it with him:)

Sorry so long:animwink:

TakeMeThere81

I absolutely LOVE Tower of Terror. It never fails to get my adrenaline pumping, and since every ride is different, it never gets old!

SirNim

Spaceship Earth is my absolute favorite Disney attraction.

That said, Splash Mountain is my favorite unabashedly whimsically thrilling/cartoony/lots-of-style-but-not-too-much-substance Disney attraction.

CBug88

I have two, PoTC- I remember riding this in my earliest of visits with my Mom and Dad- its usually the last ride we do before we leave to go back home (tradition) and I really just love it. It brings back great memories and I just love the atmosphere and the attraction altogether.

Second, Tower of Terror. I love everything about this ride, standing in the que line (so many details) and each ride is different. And it never fails to creep me out- I always get a knot in my stomach before riding. And, I love watching people's reactions who are riding for the first time. Always classic.

krankenstein

I have two.

I absolutely love TOT. It is a great ride, and has so many details. You never experience the same thing twice. It has never let me down. :lookaroun

The other ride I love is TSMM. The only way I can describe it is to say it is just fun. I can't help but have a huge smile on my face when I get off the attraction.

hwdelien

For thrills, without a doubt, the RNR. Until EE, it was the best coaster in WDW. 0 to 60 in , what is it, 2.3 seconds, in the dark like SM but without the constant breakdowns a jarring bumps, then add Aerosmith jammin' in your ears the best.

But for nostalgia, that is a completely different story. But in 1976, when I was but a pup (10 years old), and MK was the only land of adventure in WDW, when every ride had tickets... But I digress. My parents took my sister and I for our 1 and only trip to WDW. The ride, I guess you can call it that because you do move, that I remember most was CoP. Now that I'm an adult, I've been to WDW 8 times and whenever I go to MK, right after getting my fastpass for SM, I make a u-turn and head for CoP. It's changed over the years, but I still love it.

-Harry

hwdelien

Oh, I forgot, as an honorable mention, there is one other ride that I remember from my 1976 trip, 20k. I know it's surfacing at the California location, but I have to admit everytime the kids and I stop by Ariel's Grotto I pine for the submarine.

-Harry

CaptainMichael

The Adventurers Club because it was a living, breathing place where you could absolutely be yourself and no one would judge you. When you walked through the door, you were immersed in a completely different world where nothing mattered but adventurous creeds, entertaining characters, and who was going to win the Balderdash Cup or when your next Kungaloosh would arrive. All that and more is what kept me going weekly when I lived in Florida and nightly on my last trip. It truly was/is a magical place unparalleled by anything else at WDW.

hack2112

My favorite attractions in WDW are TSMM, ToT, Dinosaur, HM, and BLSPR. I would ride them all day if I could. I could also spend all day in Tomorrowland and never get bored.

However my best combo is Disneyland's BLAB over and over. Then, when your finger gets tired, haul it over to SM for a nice break.

I do it in the MK too, but DL's is so much better.

melflip8

I think that It's A Small World will always be it for me. I remember riding it really young and always having my grandparents sing it to me. (My grandpa would always wink back at the Thai? girl winking from her boat and it was our little joke). And then I remember as a big sister sitting next to my little brother and teaching him the song and pointing out my favorite parts. Now the song may make me go nuts :)hammer:) but when I have kids, I'll be sitting in the boat with them singing my heart out.

Also, I remember as a little kid freaking out on Peter Pan when you fly over the houses and London. It's so simple, but I just love it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
SSE & SM. Both equal. I couldnt choose if I was forced. They have both inspired me since the first time i rode them years ago.

My favorite Disney world attraction of all time would have to be Horizons. It is my most memorable part of Disney World as kid. I would force my parents to go on it a thousand times before we would leave Epcot. I don't know what it was about the ride that made me love it so much but it felt magical to me as a kid. I like the slow moving dark rides such as Spaceship Earth and World of Motion (when that was around) but Horizons really sucked me into another world. When I think of my first trip to Disney World, Horizons is the first to come to my mind. I miss that ride more than any other extinct attraction.

As for my favorite attraction now, it would have to be Rock N' Roller Coaster. I was always scared of Roller Coasters and I never really cared much about music either until this ride. I was forced to go on it and Loved it. As for the music part... Well I always loved listening to music from the parks because it would bring back memories of all the times I have been to Disney World. Other than that I never really listened to much music. I didn't know what i liked. On the trip where I rode it my brother bought an Aerosmith CD. I stole it from him and started listening to it because the opening riff of "Walk This Way" reminded me of being at Disney World and getting ready to go on Rock N' Roller Coaster. Then I started listening to more songs that were played on the ride and before I knew it I found music I actually liked. I bought every Aerosmith album and I listened to other artists similar to Aerosmith such as Led Zeppelin, and Jimi Hendrix. I picked up a guitar and learned how to do that. Now I'm going to college for Music Business. So it is sort of funny what one Walt Disney World ride can do to you. I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing now if I didn't face my fears and ride it. I guess you could say that Rock N' Roller Coaster sort of changed my life. :)

Tinkerbella16

I have to put my faves into catagories...being favorite classic attraction, and favorite thrilling attraction.

My absolute favorite classic rides in wdw would have to be POTC and HM. These two for me are where it hits home when I first take the first ride on them every trip. I am reminded that I am surrounded by disney magic, and that I really am in WDW. Sounds funny, but this is the feeling I get every year when I go on these two rides. They are just so classic disney to me, and thankfully both rehabs on Pirates and HM have not taken away the classic disney feel to them. They will always be special to me.

My absolute favorite thrill rides at wdw are Space Mt, Splash Mt, and ToT. They are a cannot miss every trip. Space Mountain would be first because no matter how many times I ride that thing, I still have the time of my life each time. Throughout the entire ride, I am just histerically laughing to the point of tears... I love it so much! Splash is just one of those cool off, long ride (i love long rides), and have so much fun mo matter what kinda ride...it has that musty disney smell to it that I love and that is something that I love so much about wdw rides...the SMELLS!!! ToT comes in third since out of the 3, it is the newest...I used to be petrified of this ride. I would take the chicken exit almost everytime, because I could not build up the courage to ride. Finally in 1998, I decided to ride it...and whataya know, I loved it!! I love the storyline and how they stuck to it throughout the whole ride. It also has one of my favorite queues!!!

November Girl

Splash Mountain because it has it all...singing moving characters, a big thrilling drop, a cool and enticing view for people just passing by, much detailing, and it's nice and cooling in the heat!

Small World is my sentimental favorite, although my 11 year old daughter thinks its just scary and freakish. I rode the original at the NY World's Fair when I was 4.

matt88mph

I decided to split my decision up between a ride and a sit-down show:

If I had to pick my absolute favorite ride, it would have to be Star Tours. Ever since I was a little kid, I've loved the Star Wars movies. Every halloween I wanted to be Luke Skywalker, so my parents actually made me a homemade X-Wing pilot costume. When I found out that there was a ride based on Star Wars, I was absolutely estatic. It thrilled me knowing that I could actually walk into the world of Star Wars and have and adventure of my own. I'm actually a little bummed about the plans for Star Tours 2.0, because it just wouldn't be the same with the prequel setup.

My favorite sit-down show was a little harder to choose, but when I went on the most pure, unrequited love I've had for one single show, the answer became clear: Jim Henson's Muppet*Vision 3D. I was raised on the Muppets, from Sesame Street to Fraggle Rock, and of course, my favorite, The Muppet Show. From the show, it seems like the Muppets' brand of humor was meant for 3D. I also find it to be a fitting tribute that Jim Henson's last major piece of work runs continuously every day of the year.

hpyhnt 1000

Spaceship Earth, just because it is so unexpected for a theme park ride. It actually tries to teach and inform rather than just simply entertain. Its not as good as it once was, IMHO, but it still ranks top of my list. :eek:

VT GAL

Spaceship Earth!!!!! I rode it for the first time when I was 7, and I remember that I drove my parents crazy wanting to ride it again and again. What I loved (and still love) is the fact that it was/is one of the few rides that always led to meaningful conversation about what we had just experienced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom