Your Absolute, No Questions Asked, Favorite Attraction and, why?

chwilson88

Much Like Mister Toads Wild Ride, Adventures Club has run it's course and is now gone. Let's remember it for what it was and cherish the memories we have with dignity ...and move on.

I LOVED THAT RIDE!!! I forgot all about Mister Toad's Wild Ride!! Thanks for reminding me. Also, WHY did WDW eliminate the SKY RIDE that used to allow you to ride suspended up in the air over Magic Kingdom??? They still have the entrance/launch structure intact, although a little overgrown. It's like salt in a wound. I wish they'd either bring it back or take away the memory of the building just sitting there unused. Did someone fall or something??

disneynut4u

From a mother's "awwww" view, Haunted Mansion is my favorite. I took my son to DisneyWorld for the first time when he was 7. We rode Haunted Mansion with my sister, which put my son in the middle. At the end of the ride, where we pick up the ghost "hitch hiker", the ghost was sitting in his lap. My son was NOT pleased with that!! It actually shook him up a little. We had to "explain" the concept, and being the brave soul that he is, rode it again with just the two of us, to prove he could do it.

For thrills, we love Rock N Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest.

disneymyway

That's such a hard question!

I think I have 2 answers - what I say it is and what it really is!

I always say it's Peter Pan, and I do love that. It is so nostalgic for me, I remember thinking it was the most amazing thing when I was young and I do love the story.

But I really think it is Space Ship Earth. I love it even more with the rehab! I could do it half dozen times every trip!!!

juscet

PoTC is the all time best ride. I loved it as a kid and even now as an adult I still get so excited about the drop and the great story it tells.

Astro_Digital

I say the best ride WDW ever had was Horizons.

I loved that attraction and I could ride it a hundred times.
I remember when it was open seasonally before it was shut down for good, the park was quiet everybody was in the World Show Case I walked from the exit to the entrance 3 times finally the CM told me if I want to ride again I could :)

Oh such great memories of EPCOT not all I got are Jim Hill videos, Epcot is just a poor ghost of the greatness in the 80s.

My Favorite today is the Haunted Mansion, I am glad that the major rehab did not destroy the character of the ride.

GatorGambit

Horizons was my favorite. (I'm silly though - my second favorite was a tie between Body Wars and Universe of Energy. I have a weird taste in things.)

Overall, my overall favorite is probably TestTrack, with Soarin' pretty close behind. TestTrack has some sentimental value for me - I enjoyed the original WoM, and was pretty excited about what was replacing it. I waited and waited all through college for it to be built, and I got to ride in the second car to ever go through it during the first soft opening to guests. Ah, those were the days.

Other parks:
MK = Space Mountain. I mean, come on. It's Space Mountain.
DHS = Rock'n'Roller Coaster. Used to be Star Tours, but that ride has really seen better days.
AK = Expedition Everest. Nothing else is even close there.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Haunted Mansion. Its just one of those rides you go on and you can realize new things each time you go on it. I LOVE ghosts, and Haunted Houses.

andy1278

Haunted Mansion. I LOVED it as a kid, and love it now as an adult. It's a must-ride, every time, even moreso than the mountains.

SirGoofy

All time? JII version 1. Imagineering's greatest piece of art IMO. Great story, characters, sets, music, and technology.

Now? Definitely the Haunted Mansion. It's the only thing that comes close to JII.

Pseybert

I really enjoy being talked down to, and having the history of mankind and communication being dumbed-down and spoon-fed to me. I also like cop-out endings and crappy Flash animation cartoons, mixed in with simple technology and funny pictures of my face.

So naturally, Spaceship Earth is my favorite ride.

Just kidding, and every time someone puts it down as their favorite attraction, the spirit of Epcot dies a bit more.

SirGoofy

I really enjoy being talked down to, and having the history of mankind and communication being dumbed-down and spoon-fed to me. I also like cop-out endings and crappy Flash animation cartoons, mixed in with simple technology and funny pictures of my face.

So naturally, Spaceship Earth is my favorite ride.

Just kidding, and every time someone puts it down as their favorite attraction, the spirit of Epcot dies a bit more.

:rolleyes: Yes, because people can't choose what they enjoy. No, the spirit of Epcot must rule over all. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom