Your #1 ( Happiest) Memory at Disney

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Many, many happy memories for me ( and my family) but none more than starting our lives together 26 years ago, spending our honeymoon at Disney World. Checking into our room at the Contemporary as man and wife for first time ( married that morning and got into Disney 11pm or so) was the happiest moment of all. Disney got our lives together off to wonderful start and has most definitly kept that fire going for 26 years now...yup stepping into that room June 22 1985 at about 11pm was IT for me!!!

Spike-in-Berlin

One of the happiest moments was when in June 2007 I finally arrived at the Wilderness Lodge, stepped into the enormous, gargantuan lobby and checking in for the first time in my life became a resort guest.
Another magical moment was when in 2010 a lifelong dream of staying at the Polynesian became true when my GF and I walked into the lobby, were greeted by the CM with a welcoming "Aloha" and got our Leis.

Mickey92

Opening the Magic Kingdom ages ago... And riding in the front of the monorail with the driver!! Amazing!! :sohappy:

That or, having my first flying lesson in the US flying over Disney World. I have had lots of flying lessons over here in the UK, but I have never flown in the US with an instructor! Just awesome!! :sohappy:

powlessfamily4

Standing with both of my kids in front of the castle, eating a Dole Whip Float and watching wishes as I cried.

Yeah.... I looked like a freak... but who cares I was happy and at Magic Kingdom!

Supergirl7710

Being able to go out on my own and explore while my family did whatever they wanted. (my parents never did thrill rides, so being able to do Tower of Terror for the first time was amazing!!) I was like 13 :)

Shunasee

02/14/2010. Spending Valentines Day with my husband at Epcot. Suprising him with roses at the hotel, even though it took him a bit to realize they were in the room. :ROFLOL:

It was the best day! I am hoping that we can do it again next year.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If you also mean not while your at WDW, I'm going to go for Iago catching on fire.

Otherwize my favorite moment at WDW was actually getting to ride Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain without waiting in line all three in one day! :D

What I didn't get was Peter Pan was doing fastpasses, there was a line of people waiting in the fastpass line, but there was a mother and 2 kids only in the standby wait. They said standby was 1 hour... sooo.... we got fastpasses. :lookaroun

electric

It was back in 2007, I went to Disney with my dad, step mom, and my now girlfriend. We got to the magic kingdom early enough to see the opening show. It was my dads first time to Disney in about 15 years and he didn't think he would ever be back. I remember looking over at him and seeing tears of joy roll down his face. It then made me cry seeing him so happy. That was my happiest moment ever.
________
Carmelababiie

enchanted_belle

Back in 2007, a highschool friend and I went for our spring break senior year with my grandparents... we stayed off site, and they rented a car and whatnot. Well, very first night we were there, my grandparents were having dinner and such in the Contemporary with some of my poppop's family, so my mommom gave me the car keys and went "have fun."

Being 18, and driving on Disney property for the first time.. and being just you and your friend? Yeah, that was the moment I first considered myself a grown up.

Sarabell

OK, I know this sounds totally stupid. But my fav DIsney moment was 2 days ago when I was looking at the website and found the Aug 28 - Sept 24 offer! I've never stayed on property, and having the possibility to do so is totally unbelievable to me! I can't book yet cause we have to wait for my sister's school calendar, but trust me, I'll be crossing my fingers so that we find availability to book!

Seriously, I'm about to have a heart attack just thinking that I might be staying on property without having to sell my house!:sohappy:

Tinkerbell 8

My happiest memory would def. be getting engaged on August 24th, 2008 in the Magic Kingdom at the wishing well near the castle. It was the happiest day of my life (well until this June 24th when we finally get married!!) It was also really great that my aunt, uncle and cousin from my moms side were there with us and we were shocked to run into my 2 cousins from my dads side in the MK later that night.

Texas84

My parents wouldn't let us kids make a big deal out of their 50th anniversary in June. I drive them down once a year, usually December. We were checking into OKW and my sister and brother-in-law (from Vegas) walked in and surprised them. Mom & Dad's faces were priceless. We took them out for an expensive dinner and got some family pics in the parks. Disney did a great job decorating their room and we got them anniversary buttons. At MK the Mayor saw them and did a hilarious stand-up act with them. Greatest week ever.

HornsofaSteer

The first one that comes to mind, because there are many happy memory, is a late night at Magic Kingdom. We were on our way out and my cousin and I had just gotten jelley beans from Goofy's Candy Company on Main St. Just then Spectro started to go by and we just leaned up against the Candy Co. eating popcorn and Dr. Pepper flavored beans watching the parade. It really was just magical.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom