You know your officially on Vacation when....

frankster

Whenever I step out of the airport into the Orlando air, that's when I start to get really excited. On my last trip, it had snowed heavily the night before, so it was a surreal leaving with lots of snow and arriving with warm, humid air ;)

OGMickey

for me its in Stages ...
20% when i arrive home from work and i just have to fininsh packing
20% when i get to the airport and im sitting waiting for them to board the plane
20% when i smell that humid, lovely, o so great Florida air
20% When i see that Disney World sign
and the final and best 120% (yeah that makes it 200 but its disney they can do that) is when i turn that corner look down main street and see that beautiful castle ....*sniffle sniffle i can picture it right now ...how i miss it*:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have to say when I step off the plane in ORlando!! Something about the smell and people!!!
seriously i would like to bottle it and take it home:ROFLOL:

When I see the I-4 highway signs for Disney World and EPCOT Center.:p

They should really update those signs...
Its like a "u made it now just have fun" type of sign

I get that feeling the morning I wake up..Usually around 4am..And pack the truck up and head to the Philadelphia airport and aboard the plane.

And off to Disney World:sohappy:

i feel u ... an that airport traffic sucks but its philly ...i love it

Disney You and Me Nov 16-20 cant wait :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

bassman

When i go to Orlando I don't class my holiday starting till I step off the plane into America. Such a nightmare flight, but in the end, worth ever minute!!!

its similar for me.
i havent had a bad flight yet..........yet.lol

anyway,my holiday starts the second the plane leaves the runway here in britain.
wooooooooooooo 17 days left.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Usually the night before our flight because that's when I'm packing and getting everything ready. I never go to sleep that night because I'll stay up and watch Disney movies & travel channel specials. Another part that makes me know I'm on vacation is at Orlando Airport when you go on the monorail to luggage claim and I see my first palm tree! Another is when we drive up to our hotel and they say welcome home. That's my favorite thing to hear. And last but not least is seeing Cinderella's Castle, that always starts my vacation with a smile :animwink:

kirst_al UK

You take a pew on 'ye ol' florida toilets, forget that your no longer in England and move ever so slightly yet just enough for the thing to flush mid flow :ROFLOL:

sbkline

You take a pew on 'ye ol' florida toilets, forget that your no longer in England and move ever so slightly yet just enough for the thing to flush mid flow :ROFLOL:

those aren't just in Florida...they're all over...but I know what you mean. Especially when they flush with such frightening water pressure that you feel like jumping up to avoid getting sucked down the dern thing. :lookaroun

kirst_al UK

those aren't just in Florida...they're all over...but I know what you mean. Especially when they flush with such frightening water pressure that you feel like jumping up to avoid getting sucked down the dern thing. :lookaroun

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: exactly - it makes me laugh just thinking about it !!!

I've never been to anywhere else in the US apart from Florida so i wouldn't know - thanks for the heads up tho......:wave:

OGMickey

i love those....they swirl so fast it creates a breeze lol:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :lol: :lol: :lol:

col

for me i know when my holidays really do start is when i walk into animal kingdom the day after i arrive and see the tree of life -i know then i can realax and that my holiday has truely begun.

amber87

I am officially on vacation when I leave work the day before we arrive. We usually leave around 11pm the night before so we are there bright and early the next morning. I will officially be on vacation in 6 days.:sohappy: :sohappy:

DisneyFan722

Myvacation starts when I go to stay wherever I am staying the night before I leave. Last time I went o WDW it was when I got in my BFs car to go to his grandparents. This year, it will be when I get to my sisters. I can't wait to sit back, relax and be a kid again!

DisneySam

OMG there are so many for me!

1.) The Moment I leave work and turn on my IPod to the Disney Playlist...that really starts it becasue I think I will be there tomorrow seeing Wishes or Fantasmic in person!!!

2.) When I close up the Mickey suitcases and put them next to the door.

3.) When I get to the airport in Orlando and practically run to Magical Express.
3a.) If we drive the moment we see the first palm tree (usually in GA somewhere)

4.) Driving under the WDW sign for the first time.

5.) *BEST FOR LAST* when I pull up to the Wilderness Lodge and the bell staff say "Welcome Home Ms. Smith" like they did the last vacation. I am such a ham I almost started crying. :eek:

OGMickey

I know im on vacation when i taste the chocolate goodness of the chocolate chip cookies in the Main Street Bakery:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

RayLaVeau

When you wake up at 3 am, 4 am, 5am and finally get say...
"I'm Goin' to Disney World!!"
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:​

Tinkerbella16

My vacation officially starts the night before we leave and we all head over to Wal-Mart for our last minute items, go home, relax and finish packing, wake up at 3:30am and get ready to be on our way to the airport. Every year is the same. Going to Wal-mart the night before is just tradition lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom