You know your officially on Vacation when....

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Ok so when is it that the moment is official that your on vacation....For me its when I leave work the nite before our trip, that feeling when I walk out the door knowing that I won't be back for 10 whole days....We usually have the 6-6:30am flight out so I try to work till 8 pm the nite before..its more time for me to waste and its something to occupy my head(somewhat) although I usually give my clients fair warning that I will be a little off the wall that week..sadly , they 're use to it!!...also my husband is so nice enough( sarcasism is there) to call me when he leaves work(usually when i'm still at work) to let me know his vacation is officially started....yeah nice!!!

DisneyGigi

My vacation starts when I have my packing/ to do list meltdown and I had that this morning :hammer: I always, always freak the day before we leave going over things a million times to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. My family has gotten used to it and they watch and wait for it, after the first two or three "Oh my gosh, did I do this or that" they know it is here.:ROFLOL:

Mark_E

When i go to Orlando I don't class my holiday starting till I step off the plane into America. Such a nightmare flight, but in the end, worth ever minute!!!

jjgoo

I concur with the OP. My vacation starts the second I step out of the door at work. Then I take off my tie, breath a sigh of relief and try to release some of the stress. Then I turn the music up loud and smile all the way home knowing the next day I will be off on my holiday!:sohappy:

Chezman1399

When I print out my plane ticket and can't sit still at the Office like today (I'm flying out tonight, staying with a friend two nights, checking into the Poly on Saturday). Thankfully, the Phillies are going for a sweep of the Mets to day (1:05 Eastern) so I'll have something to distract me!

PanfanAL

I'm with the OP too. As soon as I walk out of the office, I am in vacation mode. I only answer personal phone calls, and think about nothing but my vacation. It usually takes me a couple of days of being back, to get out of vacation mode too. :)

MattyFresh

Mine starts the minute that I know I am done with class, work, and every other problem. When all I know I have to do is throw the bags in the car, pull up to the airport, and then all the worrying ends. I try to enjoy every minute of vacation, so I start as early as possible.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I concur with the OP. My vacation starts the second I step out of the door at work. Then I take off my tie, breath a sigh of relief and try to release some of the stress. Then I turn the music up loud and smile all the way home knowing the next day I will be off on my holiday!:sohappy:

That music playing is disney related I hope....:animwink:

For me, for some reason, it's not until we enter the lobby of the hotel we are staying in. I think it's because that will be the place that I call "home" for the following ten days.:animwink:

lilclerk

I have a severe problem with being unable to pack ahead of time. I just keep putting it off for stupid reasons. When I went to AZ, for some ungodly reason I still don't know, I ended up waking up at 6am, packing, and leaving for the airport at 8. I usually pack the night before, but that time, I just couldn't do it.
So my vacation officially starts as soon as I finish packing and hit the hay.

rcapolete

my vacation starts when i arrive at Newark Airport. (that's Jersey). Nothing better then that moment. The whole trip is still ahead of you. The excitement of the flight and finally arriving in Orlando. God 17 more long draw out days to i leave.

coltow

my vacation starts when i arrive at Newark Airport. (that's Jersey). Nothing better then that moment. The whole trip is still ahead of you. The excitement of the flight and finally arriving in Orlando. God 17 more long draw out days to i leave.
Me too. It's something about arriving at the airport that gives me that "I'm on vacation" feeling

slowbee

Mine starts after I have the kids loaded and we're pulling out of the drive way on the way to the airport. That's when the feeling of going on vacation starts.

But... I know know when I'm at WDW when I hear :

"Por favor mantenerse al lado de las puertas."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom