you know you have an unhealthy disney obsession when

WhatJaneSays

• You've ever skipped out on a field trip to some all day event and gone to WDW. (My friends and I did this all the time in high school.)
  • You've stayed over more times at the resorts than the reservations system can display and it's been that way as long as you can remember. (I did ask once and apparently the program can only call up the last 50 stays.)
  • You've seriously considered writing a book about Disney and your obsession with it.
I have the luck to work with a small group of people, most of whom are also big Disney. So here are a few about us as a group:
  • You've ever hade to have a meeting to decide who gets to take what days off during the Food & Wine fest.
  • You've ended up having an impromptu business lunch at Cosmic Ray's.
  • Almost every single server in your building is named after a Disney character, by personality of course. (Tinkerbell doesn't play well with others, Donald is had to understand, Tigger has to get bounced a lot and so on.)

Disney_Freak429

* When people stop calling you because they are tired of hearing your Disney answer tones. (What I only have 12 that play at random & they are all from The Little Mermaid original cast recording lol) For those who don't know those are the songs people hear when they call you before you answer your phone.

* You call your own phone while at work just to hear your Disney answer tones & start singing along (& a bit of dancing) to "She's In Love" & "I Want The Good Times Back" because you have a strange addiction to those two songs. ;-) (I try & hold back during the other 10 lol)

* For a few months after EPCOT Center's 25th during every Dinner break at work you would listen to Illuminations with the 25th tag because that was almost the exact amount of time in your break.

* You continue to only listen to Disney music or artists that are signed to Disney's label (Hollywood Records) during your breaks at work.

* You cringe when you hear the words "Bush Gardens" "Universal" "Sea World" or "Six Flags" & wonder why anyone would want to visit "Those other places with
rides".

* When even though you don't want any tattos you can't help but want just a small "Hidden Mickey" one on you somewhere even if your the only one who will ever know about it. (I am thinking on my foot somewhere or maybe on the inside of my arm??)

* When any of the Travel Channel specials are on your have to watch them even if you have seen them 100s of times & have burned most of them to either DVDs or your Ipod ect.

* You screamed out loud at the TV when Samantha Brown got to ride EE with Joe Rhode. But yet even when you hated her and wanted to be her at that moment you still want to meet her. :)

I am sure I will have more

3fordisney

When your students put "hidden mickeys" in their essays to see if you will notice........:ROFLOL:

That is too funny!! We look for hidden Mickeys everywhere we go.

....you're making plans for your next trip before you even leave from your current one.

We do this every trip, especially on the long car ride home. Its so sad to leave WDW that we cheer ourselves up by discussing our next trip.

We have started decorating our kitchen with Mickey and are trying to create hidden Mickeys. My plans are to try and create some in the backsplash and throughout the kitchen/dining area. If I could find a Mickey dinette set, I'd be soo excited. I already have a light fixture for the dining area. I just need a table and chairs to finish it off.

We make our biggest vacation of the year WDW and can't imagine going anywhere else, except on a Disney cruise!

Jenna

You plan your next trip with your mom even though its a year and a half away and nothing is booked
You discuss what park you will go to first on said trip
You manage to find something Disney related in everything you do/say-just so you can start a conversation about it again!

mrcliff

You have noted all of the films that feature in the GMR and are slowing working through them with your kids (aged 8 and 5) to ensure everything is familiar when they ride....

(I'll be saving Alien for a while)

emoariel

• When you go to Baskin Robin and ask if they can make a dole whip
  • When your Homepage is WDW magic
  • When you sing Disney songs nonstop.
but my most embarrassing fanatical obsession is.....
  • When you have worn your mouse ears in public outside of WDW.:sohappy:

jarco

When you own a AP to WDW and DL and you live in Texas.

When you get on I-10 and think that in 17 hours I could be in WDW.

When you save the Disney shopping bags so you can carry things around in it.

When you collect the Disney park Maps and Disney dollars so you can have them for historical reference.

You plan a disney wedding themed reception and all the tables are all different rides or themes including the parking lot.

When all the pens in the your household are disney themed.

My family and I are definitely passengers on the unhealthy Disney obsession boat. Most of the previous posts are a part of our world as well...'disney girl', 'disney family', 'disney guy', planning next trip before the recent one even begins, etc., ect. However, I have a doozy for everyone: quitting your job to go to Disney.
That's right folks. Our upcoming trip is very impromptu, and very needed for my husband, who has a bit of the blues right now. Because I haven't worked there for very long, they told me I may not be able to take 4 days off. Well, that just doesn't sit well with us. So, if not granted the time I will probably submit my 2 weeks notice. It is worth noting that while this seems rash, the job is not very good for my family anyway. So the Disney trip is just a push.

Also, we are trying to find ways to move to Florida to be closer to the World. I am willing to lay good money on the fact that after I finish nursing school, we will probably become inhabitants of the great state of Florida.

note-even though I love all things Disney and may move to Florida-our families hearts will always be tattooed with an old english D for our Tigers! Who's your Tiger?!!!!

ThinkTink721

When...

You check these boards every day.

You dream about your upcoming WDW trip almost every night.

You begin packing for your trip 6 months in advance.

You begin planning your trip more than 1 year in advance.

You talk to people & the conversation eventually turns to WDW.

You purchase mainly Disney-themed gifts for family & friends.

You find yourself wishing your bedroom had a Disney Princess them like your daughter's room.

You watch any Disney documentary or informative show multiple times.

You see a photo of Cinderella castle & it almost or does make you get teary-eyed.

The thought of not being able to take a trip to WDW makes you deeply depressed.

Every room in your house has something Disney in it.

You make your kids "Mickey pancakes."

You own more than 2 shirts w/ a Disney theme on it.

You purchase a Disney CD or DVD for yourself, not the kids.

You own Disney themed jewelry.

Your purse has a Disney character on it.

You wished you lived in Cinderella castle or at least on the grounds at WDW.

Your kids start noticing "hidden Mickeys" & you are not at WDW.

cococola44

Original Poster
When...

You check these boards every day.

You dream about your upcoming WDW trip almost every night.

You begin packing for your trip 6 months in advance.

You begin planning your trip more than 1 year in advance.

You talk to people & the conversation eventually turns to WDW.

You purchase mainly Disney-themed gifts for family & friends.

You find yourself wishing your bedroom had a Disney Princess them like your daughter's room.

You watch any Disney documentary or informative show multiple times.

You see a photo of Cinderella castle & it almost or does make you get teary-eyed.

The thought of not being able to take a trip to WDW makes you deeply depressed.

Every room in your house has something Disney in it.

You make your kids "Mickey pancakes."

You own more than 2 shirts w/ a Disney theme on it.

You purchase a Disney CD or DVD for yourself, not the kids.

You own Disney themed jewelry.

Your purse has a Disney character on it.

You wished you lived in Cinderella castle or at least on the grounds at WDW.

Your kids start noticing "hidden Mickeys" & you are not at WDW.

yup you are a certified disney freak...

the prescription is

SEEK HELP FROM THE MOUSE

They accept appointments at the hotel most convinient for you...offices are in Florida, California, China, Japan and France. Please call for better directions.

:lol::lol:

Walkins are also available...no appointment neccessarily needed. =D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom