you know you have an unhealthy disney obsession when

cococola44

Original Poster
You know how many hairs are on the leg of the drunken pirate sitting on the bridge.

You have more Disney movies than Blockbuster.

Your favorite song is "Zippity-Doo-Dah".

When you hear people talking about "the underprivileged", you assume they are referring to those who have to stay off-site.

You refer to Wal-Mart and McDonald's employees as "cast members".

You've added spires and turrets to the roof of your house.

You tried to pay your electric bill with Disney Dollars.

Not only do friends and family ask you for DL advice, but your boss once even scheduled a meeting with you just to ask.
It's impossible to eat or cook in your home without having Disney invade the meal, whether it be from the plates, flatware, napkins, appliances, pot holders, spoon rests, etc.
You have a roll of Mickey Mouse toilet paper in the bathroom - and it's for decoration only.
Disney is the dominant decor in every room in your house, except the guest bathroom, which only has a subtle tissue box with "Tissue" painted on it in Disney's Atlantean font.
It's nearly impossible to get dressed without including Disney clothing.
Your co-workers tell their kids on "Take Your Kids to Work Day" not to touch the Disney toys in your cube because "these toys belong to my co-worker, and she'll be really sad if any get broken or missing".
You poor blood, sweat, and tears into making a small replica of the Enchanted Tiki Room for your balcony, much to the dismay of your neighbors. And, you add an annoying "repeating" talking mechanical macaw to said balcony.
Being within 2 miles of Disneyland is one of your main reasons for your choice of residence.
Scare the living crap out of your significant other by talking like Mickey in the bedroom (although it's just a joke).

Your children's names are Ariel and Alladin.

You pray that nobody will ever discover your dirty little secret: That you sneak out of bed in the middle of the night, logon to the internet, and drool over online pictures of WDW.

You're reading this.
You have all of the attractions, and even the different lands backround music, on cd

*When you are called "the Disney Girl" at work

*When anyone asks you what you did over the weekend and of course you say Disneyland and they say "AGAIN????"

*When you plan Disney Ditch Days at work w/ your friends through out the year

*When you have a larger collection of Disney dvds than non Disney dvds (is there really a point to have any other?)

*When you live on micechat

*When your highest concern for a quality in a bf is "will he love Disney as much as me?"

You have "Zipadedooda", "Chimchimcheeree" and many other ringtones in your cell phone

You plan vacations to places other than a Disney Theme Park, and have a horrible feeling that it just won't be as fun.

You wanted to dance for joy upon arriving at the park and seeing the new paint job in Tomorrowland going up.

No matter how long you stay at the park, its not long enough.

You with you could go BACK to Disneyland after you've just been for five days.

When you are driving on the 91 West after dropping off a friend at home, and you see a construction wall on the side of the road. Your first thought is, "ooh, refurb wall! I wonder what they're putting in there!"

XS-Spence

you take a $10,000 a year pay-cut to work there just so you can get into the parks for free and get discounts... and you actually come out ahead at the end of the year.

mep517

When you hear people talking about "the underprivileged", you assume they are referring to those who have to stay off-site.

That's hilarious! And oh so very true!

How 'bout this one... planning a big family vacation for 2009. over dinner the other night, I said "Just so everyone knows, SM might be 101 for major refurb for all of '09"

Everyone looked at me like I was speaking in tongues. I felt so badly for them. Poor uneducated folk.
:p

cococola44

Original Poster
That's hilarious! And oh so very true!

How 'bout this one... planning a big family vacation for 2009. over dinner the other night, I said "Just so everyone knows, SM might be 101 for major refurb for all of '09"

Everyone looked at me like I was speaking in tongues. I felt so badly for them. Poor uneducated folk.
:p
:lol::lol::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

LordHelmut

Your 2 year old, *every* time they get near the car says 'disneyworld - ok' and then proceeds to open the car and get in.

And then she says (in no uncertain order)

Teacups, Nemo, Beast, Tikibirds, Buzz, ToyStory, Mickey over and over again.

If you are gone from work for more than two days, co-workers call you on your cell to ask how the parks are, and how are the crowds. (and each time you can give them a live update)

Your mag strip on the AP gets worn out.

You read the first post in this thread, and had most of the things apply to you. (you are wearing Disney merchandise while typing, you look up to see a Disney framed print on the wall, and make a note with your mickey shaped pen of things you need to do tomorrow, like buy a mickey waffle maker.... and you have to discuss this with your wife because you can't make up your mind which design(s) to get....)

You've been giving the DVC guys pointers on the selling points for the Kingdom Tower, including room layouts and possible points required for various stays based on a thorough statistical analysis of existing properties and extrapolating for the added plus of being on the monorail.

You find yourself looking at the house and think, wow, the paint on the side here is heading towards a 'bad show' better get out the tarps for the spring refurb.

The security folks at your hotel (on site of course) and each of the parks recognize you.

And they start calling to you by name.

And you know their names too.....

wedway71

When you spend the last 7 years as a member in WDWMAGIC.

The amount of hours logged on to this site I could have gotten a second MBA.

OR you have an Emergency fire evacuation plan specifically made just for your Disney books at your home.

Iknewagirlnamed

Ever since the first time you went to Disney World, you wanted to move to the Orlando area. You spend 3 years saving X amount of money to move there to go to college and work there.

I'm in the process of doing so.

CaptainJackNO

• When you know that the bridge connecting the Contemporary to Seven Seas Lagoon is for water and boat transportation and not for cars.
  • When the radio stations you listen to at work are on live365 and are disneyworld attraction sounds only.
  • When you search google and you tube incessantly for attraction videos of attractions you have ridden a million times and have videos of those attractions you have taken yourself.
  • When you get angry when someone dares suggest replacing Mr. Toad, Carousel of Progress, TTA (Wedway peoplemover,) Spaceship Earth, and the adventurers club
  • When you dream of ways to hide inside the parks and never leave, like the phantom of the parks
  • When you KNOW that Animal Kingdom is NOT A ZOO

CaptainJackNO

AND.................
Being a part of the kiss goodnight has nothing to do with your spouse (or date)..................................hmmm?:wave:

ALSO
When you actually set up a discussion thread so all the disney nuts can monitor proper operation of effects and lighting on your favorite disney attraction

when you have over a dozen monorail speils recorded on cds to play in your car so that you can pretend its a monorail when you drive around your friends.... yes i lead a sad life lol

Friend - Tim shut the door so we can go already
Me - No we need to listen to the saftey announcment first!

Pocamahontas

when you have over a dozen monorail speils recorded on cds to play in your car so that you can pretend its a monorail when you drive around your friends.... yes i lead a sad life lol

Friend - Tim shut the door so we can go already
Me - No we need to listen to the saftey announcment first!

Priorities my good man, priorities.
:ROFLOL:

Mikester71

... more people know you by your WDWMagic forum name than your real name.

... you get mad that your television at home isn't playing the WDW Top 7 Must-See's 24/7 like at the resorts.

... you spend more time on Disney forums than you do with your own family.

MinnieLee

This is great! I am so glad to hear I am not alone. I always have something Disney on EVERY day. From my jewelry to my wallet, to tops and socks. We took two seven day criuses and was asked do I go anywhere but Disney. I told them I am going somewhere different but HOW I get there is by Disney ships. Every room has a touch of Disney. My co-workers do ask for advice all the time and say someday I will work there. I had an application for the local Disney store on my table and my kids said why would I work there - I would spend my entire check in the store. Disney CD's are always in the car. I make the recipes from the Food & Wine Festival and the Mickey cookbooks. This is not an obsession - it's just the Disney way! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom