You know you are in disney when...

cococola44

Original Poster
"Yes....pinch me...pinch me now. i can't believe we are actually in disney world."

What specifically does it take for you to truly believe that you are really there?

For me it is

The Monorail. When you step in and you hear the audio for going to MK or Epcot. I get goosebumps.

What is yours?

doctorcfjh

I have spent 5 weeks in WDW. All of those occasions I have stayed at the CBR. For me the moment comes when I get out of the airconditioned car, feel the rush of humid, hot Florida air (I am from the UK) and take those few steps to the customs house. The fans moving on the ceiling. OMG and buying the refillable mug. And then checking the dining reservations and realising that if I need to change them it doesn't matter what time of the day I call. Ooh and the smell of the water, and the broad-leaved grass that seems to be indigenous to central florida.

But I find that second hit from something, often inconsequential, such as glancing at a familiar building and suddenly thinking YAY!

Peaches Magee

Definately I do the stupid giddy girly clap once we see the WDW sign.
The monorail is another happy moment... but once I hit main street and see that castle first thing in the morning... I literally get butterflies, huge child-like grin... and usually a tear of happiness :D

DisneyMemories

Driving under the "Walt Disney World" sign :)

Count me in here as well, plus add the monorail and it really hits me as I go through the tunnel and see main street and the castle. Then I know i'm officially in Disney World.
:sohappy:

Darn it, now the waiting just got that much harder for our trip this summer :cry::lol: now it going to drive me to go even more crazy :hammer:waiting to go.:wave:

Hrudey3032

When I feel that first stroller being rammed into the back of my ankles.

:ROFLOL:

Or getting run over by the Brazilian tour group led by their flag bearing leader.Nothing like 30 ugly bright yellow T-shirts :lookaroun to let me know I am at Disney World :ROFLOL:

Driving under the "Walt Disney World" sign :)
That's definitly one of mine, that is one the best feelings in the world. Another one for me is when I'm riding Expedition Everest for the first time, whenever I hear that train whistle while going up the hill I get goosebumps. Can't wait to go back!!!!!

lisak09

When I feel that first stroller being rammed into the back of my ankles.

:ROFLOL:
The first time i ram my stroller into the back of someone,s ankles!! (Just Kidding, sorry couldnt resist:)). We always get the ferry over to MK and monorail back so i'd say it,s when the castle first comes into view from the ferry.

Dskipper

i know when im at disney when im walking down the ut smelling the many great smells of it from armark to the garbage, that is how i know when im at disney. oh yea and the crazzy bus ride from the parking lot to tunnel. gas break gas break, man i hope they dont drive like that when guests are on the bus.:ROFLOL:

Grim Grinner

For me, it's always that first smell of "Disney water" from one of the boat rides such as Pirates, Norway, Small World or Mexico.

As a strange side note: The wife was unpacking a shipment of items at her work and the entire box smelled like Disney... She was raving about it.

Other than that- I really don't get into my Disney Mode, the realization just hasn't sunk in until the latter part of the first day. Then I can throw off my stress and just enjoy myself.

For my family and I its stepping into that Florida air right out of the airport. It just has a different smell, most likely from all the moisture in the air. On certain more humid mornings back at home I get a similar smell(I call those Disney mornings) and although its not the same it makes me want to go back even more! :lol: haha I probably sound crazy but I just love that WDW smell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom