You know you are in disney when...

Crazy4WDW1

For my family and I its stepping into that Florida air right out of the airport. It just has a different smell, most likely from all the moisture in the air. On certain more humid mornings back at home I get a similar smell(I call those Disney mornings) and although its not the same it makes me want to go back even more! :lol: haha I probably sound crazy but I just love that WDW smell.

That's the same for me! The minute I walk out of the airport and into the Florida air I know I'm here! I tell all my friends that I really live in Disney and I just visit Pittsburgh for work. :lol:

Mine is standing there waiting for the park to open in 90 degree heat sipping water with three year olds running around screaming "I wanna see Mickey, I'm gonna get to see Minnie!" It's so cute! Also the disney busses!

TheKeeler7

Driving under the "Walt Disney World" sign :)

We stopped on the way to grocery shop on 535 this last trip but instead of cutting through Downtown Disney to get to OKW I went back to I-4 just so the kids ( and I ) could go under the sign.

Also there's no better feeling than standing in front of the main gate looking at the Train Station.

eroyee

If driving, going under the walt disney world sign. I start bawling like a kid. If flying, when we get on the magical express bus on the way to the resort and when we step off the bus at the resort........yaaay.........:sohappy:

LunarParkGirl

i know when im at disney when im walking down the ut smelling the many great smells of it from armark to the garbage, that is how i know when im at disney. oh yea and the crazzy bus ride from the parking lot to tunnel. gas break gas break, man i hope they dont drive like that when guests are on the bus.:ROFLOL:

HA HA! :p:sighs: Aramark! The cheapest Pasta Salad EVER, but all I WANTED to eat (or fruit or something else cold), when it was so hot in July!

The ride from WestClock to the Tunnel is the craziest thrill ride ever ;)

But to answer the "you know you're there" question...it starts when I hit the Turnpike, and then always stop to hit the restroom at the Turkey Lake Auto Plaza..when I see those big kinetic sculpture things I know I'm "almost there!"

Nansafan

Our family has a saying, "you're not on vacation until you see a palm tree." Upon landing in Orlando the search begins and one by one, each of us says, "I'm on vacation" as we spot our first palm tree. Then there is the feeling you get when stepping out of the airport terminal and getting hit in the face with Florida, aaaahhhhh. We're still not there yet, but we're really close. Like others have posted, it's riding under the Walt Disney World sign that means we're home. There is always a contest to see who arrived first, (i.e. leaning forward in the car or on the Magical Express so you can say you were the first one to be in WDW.)

NewfieFan

It would have to be the Florida heat hitting you in the face when you step outside the airport. Ahhhhh, I can almost feel it! Then it would be either the Magical Express or Disney transportation. The last time I took Magical Express I was jumping up and down in my seat more than the kids on the bus!

lunalovegoddess

... when we're passing Downtown Disney and Crossroads (at the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard). I lived on the other side of Orlando for three years, so every time I see the hotels between the two plazas, I get excited. Seriously, going to WDW feels like coming home. As much as I like living up north again, I miss Central Florida.

soin2disney

seeing the castle...

For me there are a few things..... Seeing the welcome to disneyworld sign....the monorail...."Please stand clear of the doors" but the best is when I get to Main Street look down it and see the CASTLE..... :):sohappy:

S. Paridon

Definitely the WDW sign, but the true confirmation is getting on the Monorail and hearing the audio as you go through the Contemporary!

AlishaMisha

Monorail Surfing.

Stand up and hold onto nothing. Using your toes to balance you the whole way. This also works for the bus. Ive been doing this everytime i get on the monorail since I was 3. A HUGE tradition for me. :cool:

Also the first hug and kiss from Mickey.

:king: ~Leash

tmaziarz

enter hotel lobby

We stay at the POP Century, just seeing all the kids running around and heading to the Bus stops.

Then walking by the pools see the familys relaxind and the dads belly up to the bar.

Now I am at Disney:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom