You know you are in disney when...

Glasgow

My credit card spontaneously combusts ..

Seriously though, arriving at the hub in the MK is pure magic for me

b-rian91

Ariving to Orlando airport, still in the airplane when the captain comes over the speaker and says "your current temperature in Orlando is (insert temp. here)*, looks like sunny skys from here on out, thank you for flying with (insert airline here) and hope you choose to fly with us again...PLEASE BE SEATED AND KEEP YOUR SEATBELTS BUCKLED UNTIL THE SEAT BELT LIGHT IS TURNED OFF....**DING**...Im here" (rushing to get out of my seat before anyone else so I dont have to wait 15min for everyone else taking there time getting there bags.:wave:

C&D

When I'm sitting at Perkins having lunch (after our 7 hour ride from S.C.) knowing that our next move is going to be 'check-in' at our resort. That's when it sinks in for me.

HankyPOOH

When I have to wake up my DW from an all night sleep after I've drove for 12 Hours too arrive at the place were all our dreams come true

Mikester71

For my family and I its stepping into that Florida air right out of the airport. It just has a different smell, most likely from all the moisture in the air. On certain more humid mornings back at home I get a similar smell(I call those Disney mornings) and although its not the same it makes me want to go back even more! :lol: haha I probably sound crazy but I just love that WDW smell.

I hear ya! You can smell that nice ocean breeze! The air is definitely distinct down there. We drive down from Canada where it is usually pretty cold when we leave (middle of March), so it is nice when you step out of the van at that first Welcome Centre with the free orange juice and palm trees and that and you take it all in.

But definitely the moment of excitement is when you drive under the WDW sign for sure. And then when we walk into the lobby of Pop Century and you feel like you are home again. :sohappy:

catne

seeing any Disney World road signs coming into Orlando starts the excitement...then the first sight of Cindy's Castle...

Mikester71

... when we're passing Downtown Disney and Crossroads (at the end of Hotel Plaza Boulevard). I lived on the other side of Orlando for three years, so every time I see the hotels between the two plazas, I get excited. Seriously, going to WDW feels like coming home. As much as I like living up north again, I miss Central Florida.

That must be a hard adjustment; to go from living in the nice Florida heat all year round and being so close to WDW. I know I would be missing it too every first frost or snowfall.

journeyman

mine is when i walk across the pick up/drop off road at mco to get the car, and feel the warmth, i know i'm there. I get a real buzz from driving under the sign, as i feel home then.

oh i want to be back there right now, had to miss out last year due to a new arrival, and gonna have to miss it this year too :cry::cry:

Craig & Lisa

One of two, first is when I leave the house knowing that I won't be back that night, and the Official Florida smell. Have yet to get it anywhere else. And those feelings will be coming again in 47 days!!! :D I CAN"T WAIT, visit 18, a Grand Gathering at the AKL.

normdisney

:ROFLOL:When we cross I/4 bridge and we all reach our hands out the window and YELL first on Disney property!

Then the tell us welcome home at the Wilderness DVC

98 more days!

shawn

Going under the sign I tear up every time and I tear up even more when were leaving and the Sign Says "See you real soon"

BlackPearl

mine is when ur on I-4, the way to disney, and you see the mickey mouse shaped power line pole. everytime i see it, i say to myself " yep, must be at disney".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom