You Hate Everything About It, Yet You Still Go

Disneyhead'71

Under your "Chrysler scenerio" I wouldn't go to Chrysler fan sites and extol the virtures of Chevy/Ford/Toyota/Honda/Mercedes/BMW/VW, etc.
Well, I could just keep repeating ad nauseum the decline of WDW. Or offer up what I believe to be a place that is serving up some of the stuff that used to make WDW special.
Obviously, Universal isn't perfect. They have some of the same issues as WDW (ie: sub-par counter service quality) but in most of those issues Universal is improving while WDW is going the other direction.

jensenrick

It is impossible to have experienced everything that WDW has to offer. Not just the theme parks, but WDW.

Impossible? No, I feel confident that I've seen and done it all, partly because (like I said) not much has changed in a while.

And before you go nuts, I am *not* one of those people who expect a new E ticket every other year. I would be happy with MK if they just brought back some of the live entertainment they used to have (like the steel drum band) and opened up the closed restaurants, and made sure all (or at least the majority) of effects were working when they start a ride. Now that we finally have a Starbucks, if they did those *three little things* (which some, like me, would just call Standard Op Procedure) you would never hear a peep of complaint (about MK) from me.

ALSO Remember, this is in reply to your statement, "ALWAYS something new for even the most prolific regular."

Mark In KY

Impossible? No, I feel confident that I've seen and done it all, partly because (like I said) not much has changed in a while.

And before you go nuts, I am *not* one of those people who expect a new E ticket every other year. I would be happy with MK if they just brought back some of the live entertainment they used to have (like the steel drum band) and opened up the closed restaurants, and made sure all (or at least the majority) of effects were working when they start a ride. Now that we finally have a Starbucks, if they did those *three little things* (which some, like me, would just call Standard Op Procedure) you would never hear a peep of complaint (about MK) from me.

ALSO Remember, this is in reply to your statement, "ALWAYS something new for even the most prolific regular."
Really? You've played every hole on every golf course? You've rented every form of watercraft available? You've taken every backstage tour? You've seen every nighttime movie at Fort Wilderness? You've gone horseback riding, bowling and sat in every movie theater at Downtown Disney?

Soarin2u

I love what Disney offers, magic,enchantment, a safe getaway, dreams, and a truely one of a kind experience. But what the company doesn't realize is that they should constantly be offering more. I don't bad mouth Disney much because I don't know what "it was before." That's another thing, for the younger or newer fans, we don't know what it was like originally, we have nothing to compare it too but other than what it is now. And now is pretty darn good.

jensenrick

Really? You've played every hole on every golf course? You've rented every form of watercraft available? You've taken every backstage tour? You've seen every nighttime movie at Fort Wilderness? You've gone horseback riding, bowling and sat in every movie theater at Downtown Disney?

Since I've reached 47 without learning to play golf, and I doubt I will- I guess there will always be something NEW for me at the most Magical place on Earth.

However I've played Winter/Summerland and Fantasia Gardens several times, so that I can say I've played both sides of both courses. I have rented both pontoon boats and Water Mice. I did drive out to the Sand Trap Grill at Osprey Ridge to see about having lunch there one time. I've been several times to Discovery Island, back when you could go there. I've been to River Country once, Blizzard Beach twice, and Typhoon Lagoon countless times. I saw Phyllis Diller interviewed back when celebrities came to DisneyMGM to ride a motorcade to the Theater of the Stars. (I saw others, but she's the only one I can remember). I've stood on the sets of several TV shows, back when they gave tours of the shows being taped at the Studios. (I remember Tarzan). I've been to two tapings of the Rosie O'Donnell show, once at DAK, once at Studios. I've seen "Surprise in the Skies", "Tapestry of Dreams", the World Roller Hockey League, shook Susan Lucci's hand at Super Soap Weekend, and the Bicentennial Parade. Spent some of the best times ever at Pleasure Island, including the Mardi Gras that actually had a Crewed parade go down Hill St, with John McDaniel as the Grand Marshall. Seen countless holiday displays evolve over the years at all the resorts. Speaking of, I've stayed at the Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness (in a tent! although we skipped the nighttime movie of Rescuers II -aww, another NEW experience I've missed out on- you win again), Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, Coronado Spr, the Dolphin (but not the Swan- OH NO!), Pop Cent, All the All Stars, Carib Beach, and Animal Kingdm Lodge, and had a facial and massage at the Disney Institute when that was around. There is no theme park attraction, current or long gone, that I haven't been to- as I've going to WDW since 1972 when I was 6 years old. I used to beg my grandparents to always ride Horizons before we left Epcot. I've eaten twice at Splitsville, but I haven't been bowling, only because no one I go with ever wants to, and I'd look stupid bowling by myself.

But I guess I'm a schmuck who doesn't realize all WDW has to offer, because I haven't been to EVERY theater in DTD. I didn't realize that theater 23 was significantly different from theater 6, (shows how much I know about WDW) I guess I'll have to go back several times so that I can experience everything WDW has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Since I've reached 47 without learning to play golf, and I doubt I will- I guess there will always be something NEW for me at the most Magical place on Earth.

However I've played Winter/Summerland and Fantasia Gardens several times, so that I can say I've played both sides of both courses. I have rented both pontoon boats and Water Mice. I did drive out to the Sand Trap Grill at Osprey Ridge to see about having lunch there one time. I've been several times to Discovery Island, back when you could go there. I've been to River Country once, Blizzard Beach twice, and Typhoon Lagoon countless times. I saw Phyllis Diller interviewed back when celebrities came to DisneyMGM to ride a motorcade to the Theater of the Stars. (I saw others, but she's the only one I can remember). I've stood on the sets of several TV shows, back when they gave tours of the shows being taped at the Studios. (I remember Tarzan). I've been to two tapings of the Rosie O'Donnell show, once at DAK, once at Studios. I've seen "Surprise in the Skies", "Tapestry of Dreams", the World Roller Hockey League, shook Susan Lucci's hand at Super Soap Weekend, and the Bicentennial Parade. Spent some of the best times ever at Pleasure Island, including the Mardi Gras that actually had a Crewed parade go down Hill St, with John McDaniel as the Grand Marshall. Seen countless holiday displays evolve over the years at all the resorts. Speaking of, I've stayed at the Poly, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Ft. Wilderness (in a tent! although we skipped the nighttime movie of Rescuers II -aww, another NEW experience I've missed out on- you win again), Port Orleans, Dixie Landings, Coronado Spr, the Dolphin (but not the Swan- OH NO!), Pop Cent, All the All Stars, Carib Beach, and Animal Kingdm Lodge, and had a facial and massage at the Disney Institute when that was around. There is no theme park attraction, current or long gone, that I haven't been to- as I've going to WDW since 1972 when I was 6 years old. I used to beg my grandparents to always ride Horizons before we left Epcot. I've eaten twice at Splitsville, but I haven't been bowling, only because no one I go with ever wants to, and I'd look stupid bowling by myself.

But I guess I'm a schmuck who doesn't realize all WDW has to offer, because I haven't been to EVERY theater in DTD. I didn't realize that theater 23 was significantly different from theater 6, (shows how much I know about WDW) I guess I'll have to go back several times so that I can experience everything WDW has to offer.
:jawdrop: Can i make you my official trip planner in future :)

Last edited by a moderator:

jensenrick

:jawdrop: Can i make you my official trip planner in future :)

LOL! They are always saying at work that I should become a travel agent for Disney (just helped a co-worker plan to see MNSSHP) but like I always tell them- there's no money in it. LOL. When Disney matches what the hospital pays me, I'll think about it. :)

That being said, if you want to PM me, I'm always open to giving free advice. ;)

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
LOL! They are always saying at work that I should become a travel agent for Disney (just helped a co-worker plan to see MNSSHP) but like I always tell them- there's no money in it. LOL. When Disney matches what the hospital pays me, I'll think about it. :)

That being said, if you want to PM me, I'm always open to giving free advice. ;)
Well i was thinking about staying at the swan ;)

jensenrick

Well i was thinking about staying at the swan ;)

LOL! Oops, can't help you there. Except to say, go for the Dolphin- I feel confident it's better!
(but what do I know?)

You know, I'm kinda glad now, that guy got my hackles up. I relived some excellent memories while thinking up a list. I'll never forget that Mardi Gras night- I had had a simple string mask, but some of the CMs working the doors of P.I. had these great inflatible ones, and I convinces the CM at 8 Trax to trade masks with me, and I was a hit all up and down the Island. Got some great pics that night, including Pamelia Perkins giving me a big ol' bear hug (happy sigh) Aaaaah, memories.

Last edited:

Mark In KY

There is always something new to do at WDW even for the most prolific regular. As I've clearly shown, WDW is more than just a theme park.

I have friends that go there twice a year just to play golf. They always stay at a different on-property hotel and they haven't set foot in the parks for years. They rent a car, take in other Orlando offerings at nite, do some shopping and get in 36 holes a day.

I have other friends that live in Atlanta and stay at WDW during MLB Spring Training. They use WDW as their "base" to catch games not only at ESPN Complex but thruout FL and they like Downtown Disney, the water parks and Epcot. They've never gone to AK and may or may not take in MK on their visits. I am trying to convince them to give AK a try but they are frequent visitors to the zoo and aquarium in Atlanta and get lots of critter time at home.

My cousin and his wife go to WDW every spring. He books guided fishing for a few days and she suns, shops, spas and plays tennis. They rarely go into the parks but love the Contemporary.

Many people go to WDW for many different reasons. Just because someone has ridden every ride in the parks a thousand times doesn't mean that they've done "everything".

IAmFloridaBorn

I 'll go to Disney, I love Disney. But I find more value vacationing at other parks (Universal,Sea World, BG) and using Disney as the "Hey I'm off today lets do DIsney". . I live here in Orlando so for me it's cheaper to do Disney as a day thing. Plus with Universal on a roll, more to offer, more to get for an over all vacation or mini vacation. Refreshing new rides and elements. I won't come on here and complain about it without making some actual changes in which parks I chose to go to.

jlsHouston

I have no real complaints about WDW, since I didn't actually visit the park until 2011...and it had been so long between the visits to DL back in the 80's I couldn't remember much to do a decent comparison...I love disney it holds magic for me and mine. I love staying on property, though I will be the first to acknowledge I have stayed in much finer hotels for the same prices per night as the POLY....I love disney dining and loved it too much this summer cause I been alternately having to skip a few meals and take a few more walks to fit back into my clothes properly. I guess it's novelty, beauty, entertainment, serenity and energy all in one location so I am very thankful to be able to make these trips at this point in my life.

luv

It is entirely possible to do all of those things especially if you live nearby and are interested in doing them.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

Why? Are any of those those things actually new?

devoy1701

Unfortunately, many people do not understand the operational or business side of running a theme park. They only care about what they either see, hear or read... some of which is sensationalized or not true.

The place is an exceptionally run theme park since it is the most popular resort in the world. No one can argue that, regardless of one's opinions.

I see you use this excuse a lot, and I think you put way too much wait on it. You don't have to specifically know the intricate details of running a theme park when some of the errors they have been making are visible to those of us who have intricate knowledge about how businesses run in general. I run a department at a company that has experienced 3000% growth over the past 3 years. Our market share and partner base has grown tremendously over that time. But one of the questions that we're always asking as we proceed into new markets is "how do we make sure that we don't alienate our existing customers?" and "what can we add to our portfolio that will keep our existing customers coming back for more from us?" These are two basic questions that TDO seems to ignore more often than not. Case and Point with how APers and FL Residents are being given considerably less discounts and prices for APs continue to rise (about 43% in just 5 years). Why alienate some of your customer base when you can be adding to it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom