You can sleep late at home....when at Disney, GET UP!!!!!!

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I understand the sentiment of "it's my vacation" but if you're paying through the nose for said vacation you might as well get your money's worth.

I'm not paying that kind of money for people to sleep it away.
Well, you're paying for the room; you might as well use it!;) Besides, I could say the same thing to you if you were going back early. "The night is young and you're going back? No! You must stay and enjoy it!" You have to get 6-8 hours of sleep in somewhere, so it doesn't matter if you get it in at night or early in the morning. I will sleep until 10 but I'll also go to the parks and do EMH or come back and go to the pool for a while. It's not like I'm sleeping 10 pm until 10 am. Plus, in August, I'm there for 2 weeks. I need to take time to relax. I've been there enough and I'll be coming back (I go at least twice a year every year), so what's the need to rush around and do everything? If you wake me up too early, you won't get me. You'll get some cranky version of me that isn't fun to have on vacation. Plus, like I said, I'm 18. My brain is still growing (it does up until you're 21). I need to be able to sleep. It doesn't matter if I'm on vacation or not. If I don't get enough sleep, I'll end up with a migraine and that's no fun on vacation.

BoarderPhreak

I love that so many sleep late! By all means, please continue... And leave the parks empty until 11am for me!

Ironically, this is how it plays out - the parks really are quite empty until 11am or so. Then it quickly packs out until 12-1pm. Later, between 4-6pm there's a mass exodus as families with kids leave. There's a bit of an increase after that but then steadily declines as the hours wear on... Until only EMH/resort folks and nuts like myself are left until closing.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I love that so many sleep late. By all means, please continue... And leave the parks empty until 11am for me. :D

(Ironically, this is how it plays out - the parks really are quite empty until 11am or so)
Haha, in the winter I'm there by 11. Summers we spend by the pool and go in at about 3 or so. But then I enjoy when the early crowd leaves and it's empty for EMH

Aurora1

100% with you on this. My mom and dad drive me crazy when we go as a family because I want to be at rope drop, and they don't see why it's necessary. I want to get every minute in, especially since we stay in Orlando for 2 weeks and have lots of days to sleep in! Luckily the resort we stay at (off premise) has a bus that leaves relatively early, so I go on my own or with my brother and they meet up later!

DisneyPrincess5

What ends up happening with us is that we go so hard all day that were asleep by like 8pm and we naturally then wake at like 5:30-6am. I would love to sleep later Han our usually daily wake up at home (6a) but were getting plenty of sleep, so were up and off early!

HouCuseChickie

We do early mornings, mid-afternoon breaks, and fairly late evenings...and then repeat :D BUT- I also try and build in a break day so we can recharge our proverbial batteries, take advantage of our resort a bit more, and go at a slower pace. The one recent trip where we didnt do this...we took one day where we slept in to get some much needed rest. What's funny...we dragged all day and were a bit out of sorts since we were off our normal schedule. Sooooo, we won't be doing that again. We also don't get to sleep in too much because our girls rarely sleep past 7am :rolleyes: so why not take advantage of that and do rope drops or pre-park opening meals?

Plus, I love that so many of you opt to sleep in on your WDW vacations. We're starting to wind down our morning, seek out a snack and start thinking about break time just as you're getting to the park. Glad we've worked out this arrangement! ;)

litaljohn

I think we also seem to have. bit of a disconnect here in our evaluations. we all seem to include the cost of Disney and the parks in our evaluation, but when compared to he money I woul spend to sleep in at a nice resort elsewhere, there really is no difference. heck some people even stay at the resorts and go to zero parks I've seen on the forums. in the end we are all just paying to enjoy ourselves. weather it be sleeping in and relaxing or experience all the thrills we can fit in a day, or as some do, make sure each day in Disney ends in studios guest relations just so you can suggest that Aerosmith should be replaced by Bon Jovi in rock n roller coaster. we all have fun in our own ways.

jeff59rt

Disney is the most exhausting vacation you will ever take, and it's all worth it. We went over spring break and the parks opened early and closed late and the quietest time by far is opening till about 10 am. Then mk emh from after the fireworks till 3 am!

mergatroid

We have to drive from our place in Haines City when we stay which is about 40 minutes away, so we tend to be early risers on days we want to be there for park opening. Having AP's and spending 3 weeks there though we don't go every day and sometimes we go later n the day for just a few hours, on these days there's no need to get up too early. We have the best of both worlds.

JIMINYCR

I've said it before, my wife and I get in as much Disney time as we possibly can. We're go, go, go at Disney. But my son wants to sleep in. I got tired of nagging him to GET YOUR *** OUT OF BED. My wife finally convinced me to not get stressed out over this while at Disney. So now we leave him and arrange to meet him later. He's the one missing out on the great times.

WannaBWendy

I am a teacher and DH is a coach, so summer is lounge time for us. However, Disney time is GO, GO, GO TIME! Up early, to bed late, and an afternoon nap in between. We rest when we get home!

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I should also add: I'm there for 9 days in January, 15-17 days in August, and sometimes a few days in June. I see no reason to be "GO GO GO!" Neither does the rest of my group. That's the equivalent of Disney boot camp. Hakuna Matata, we'll get to it when we get to it. There is something to be said for chilling on vacation. I also can't rest when I get home because it's straight back to school, so I can't be exhausted getting home. It really just depends on the person, how often you go, age, what kind of trip you're looking for...

Susan Savia

Our preference is to be at rope drop every morning of our trip. We prefer it over being in the parks late. Vacations seem short enough as it is and getting in the parks early before the crowds is great.

Mrsdonaldduck

We are the early morning kind! We have three little guys who always get up by 6 (except on school days they seem to sleep later just to mess with us but that is another story). Needless to say we are out of the hotel pretty early. I do appreciate (and partly envy) those who sleep in and go to the park later it makes the park so quiet in the early morn. It is so fun to be one of the first to walk down main street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom