Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Cam Eplion

It'll be an all new experience for sure, although I did hear rumors about there being a tour guide on the new Kong ride too, just like the last one.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Years ago before the revenge of the mummy was built, a close source said they were preserving many of the props and AA in order to one day open a new attraction. I had written this off completely until the new ride was announced. So, I'm curious to see if the preservation effort was pointless or if they try to revive some of this to save $$

Cam Eplion

Years ago before the revenge of the mummy was built, a close source said they were preserving many of the props and AA in order to one day open a new attraction. I had written this off completely until the new ride was announced. So, I'm curious to see if the preservation effort was pointless or if they try to revive some of this to save $$
As much as I'd like to see that, I highly doubt it will happen. This Kong is supposed to be either the 2005 KK or the upcoming 2016 film "Skull Island" the Kong in Kongfrontation was based off the 1976 film. Although, if that rumor is true however, Uni can go back and collect data on how the old Kong moved, and make it better and more reliable, because that was one of the reasons why Kongfrontation shut down in the first place, reliability issues with the AA's. They tried fixing it but couldn't find any solutions so they had to remove some of the movements that the AA was supposed to do.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
As much as I'd like to see that, I highly doubt it will happen. This Kong is supposed to be either the 2005 KK or the upcoming 2016 film "Skull Island" the Kong in Kongfrontation was based off the 1976 film. Although, if that rumor is true however, Uni can go back and collect data on how the old Kong moved, and make it better and more reliable, because that was one of the reasons why Kongfrontation shut down in the first place, reliability issues with the AA's. They tried fixing it but couldn't find any solutions so they had to remove some of the movements that the AA was supposed to do.

Yes, that is a possibility. They could maybe study the Yeti too while they're at it. I doubt if they re-use anything that it would even remotely look like the old Kong, but like you said possibly to improve upon the old design. Either way when the original was pulled I never thought I'd really see a new attraction constructed. It was a love / hate relationship when I was a kid.

Cam Eplion

Yes, that is a possibility. They could maybe study the Yeti too while they're at it. I doubt if they re-use anything that it would even remotely look like the old Kong, but like you said possibly to improve upon the old design. Either way when the original was pulled I never thought I'd really see a new attraction constructed. It was a love / hate relationship when I was a kid.
To be honest I think this is the first time a theme park has done this. They had Kongfrontation till 2002. And then 13 or 14 years later they build a completely new attraction themed on Kong. Correct me if I'm wrong but I know that they 'reboot' attractions such as Star Tours, and the old Kong ride on the Hollywood Tram ride (If it wasn't for the fire then KK 360 3D wouldn't have existed, and the topic we are discussing would never have happened.) But I don't think they've shelved a theme for years, and then bring it back. That's like if a reboot of Jaws comes out in 2025 and in 2026 a new Jaws attraction opens up at IOA.

NearTheEars

To be honest I think this is the first time a theme park has done this. They had Kongfrontation till 2002. And then 13 or 14 years later they build a completely new attraction themed on Kong. Correct me if I'm wrong but I know that they 'reboot' attractions such as Star Tours, and the old Kong ride on the Hollywood Tram ride (If it wasn't for the fire then KK 360 3D wouldn't have existed, and the topic we are discussing would never have happened.) But I don't think they've shelved a theme for years, and then bring it back. That's like if a reboot of Jaws comes out in 2025 and in 2026 a new Jaws attraction opens up at IOA.

7DMT sort of fits that description.

ssidiouss@mac.c

too lazy to read all this.. did they fix the yeti or is it being fixed soon? i've skipped this broken ride for so long i kind of just forgotten about it.. whats the latest?

pipenut

Maybe I'm seeing things, but riding EE on 11/15/2014, I could've sworn I saw the Yeti move in what seems to be "for the first time in forever."

For sure was there, no tarps, and I am totally convinced he moved in to take a swipe at the train.

Disneyhead'71

They will NOT be using this AA.
banner_17.jpg

lazyboy97o

Maybe I'm seeing things, but riding EE on 11/15/2014, I could've sworn I saw the Yeti move in what seems to be "for the first time in forever."

For sure was there, no tarps, and I am totally convinced he moved in to take a swipe at the train.
He did not move. B-Mode was just working as intended. You're not the first to be fooled by the illusion.

Kman101

They will NOT be using this AA.
banner_17.jpg

Man that brings back memories. I loved that ride. Can't wait for the new Kong ride.

Now about that darn dancing Yeti ... let's hope something gets done there soon (lol at "soon", I know it's probably going to be years, if we ever see what ever problem there is fixed), considering how much love Animal Kingdom has been getting over the last year and will continue to be getting through the opening of Pandora.

Goofyernmost

Man that brings back memories. I loved that ride. Can't wait for the new Kong ride.

Now about that darn dancing Yeti ... let's hope something gets done there soon (lol at "soon", I know it's probably going to be years, if we ever see what ever problem there is fixed), considering how much love Animal Kingdom has been getting over the last year and will continue to be getting through the opening of Pandora.
I agree it was an awesome ride. It was the worlds longest wait in a queue, but, it was worth it in the end. Very unique and that was from years ago, not new technology.

flyerjab

This.

I am hoping that with all of the plussing/additions to this park, that the Yeti is fixed. I was also thinking that after Pandora opens, and the Rivers of Light and Night Safaris are in full swing that they finally fix the Yeti.

It has to be on The List of needed corrections:

1. Fix the Yeti
2. Removal of the BAH - check
3. Removal of the ToL nets - check

I always assume that fixing the Yeti is at the top of this type of list.

Goofyernmost

This.

I am hoping that with all of the plussing/additions to this park, that the Yeti is fixed. I was also thinking that after Pandora opens, and the Rivers of Light and Night Safaris are in full swing that they finally fix the Yeti.

It has to be on The List of needed corrections:

1. Fix the Yeti
2. Removal of the BAH - check
3. Removal of the ToL nets - check

I always assume that fixing the Yeti is at the top of this type of list.
I believe that the nets on ToL have been removed already. The BAH removal has been officially announced.
That leaves "Fix the Yeti" as the only thing left to be done on your list, but, indeed the least likely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom