Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Rich1

His arm is now reaching forward more towards the train. He seems to be more visible and I think his fur is slightly brighter to make him visible. He seems to be closer to the track but he is as lame as ever. Hopes were high too bc all other effects were working.

akritas

Thanks for the update. I wonder if the downtime was solely for this move (preventing Yeti bedsores?) or if further work/testing was done.

By "all other effects", do you mean the bird also? I have yet to see that thing and would love to during my trip to AK this weekend. It is almost mythical at this point.

Rich1

Yeah...I think the whole thing was to make it more visible. Bird worked one out of two times. I actually don't like the bird bc it looks exactly like a puppet.

rlm919

Thanks for the update. I wonder if the downtime was solely for this move (preventing Yeti bedsores?) or if further work/testing was done.

By "all other effects", do you mean the bird also? I have yet to see that thing and would love to during my trip to AK this weekend. It is almost mythical at this point.

Lol, when I was there in December it was working.... My embarrassing reaction? Yelling to my wife (sitting right next to me) "holy s... the bird's working!"

I did hear laughter from behind us

rreading

Ok, now I've never seen yeti in other than disco mode, so I'd love to see it working; however, while in DL this past August, my 5yo girl was a little freaked out by the lame/cute monsters on the Matterhorn, so I was a little apprehensive about a full-scale yeti coming after her. We're there in June, so if they save the full rehab until after that, I won't be too terribly disappointed, for her sake.:)

However, I never saw the bird; is it before going up into the mountain, or on the final spiral? Tried googling it, but couldn't find a photo.

Lee

Adventurer
chicken-of-death.jpg

Oooohhhhh! Amazing, huh?

(That's it, on the left between the track and the edge of the mountain.)

Bolna

It actually looks better in the photo than in real life! It doesn't look like a plywood cut-out on a stick!:eek:

I agree with you that in real life it does not look very realistic (the photo is great though). BUT when I saw it for the very first time, I was not expecting it and then it did not notice it looking like a cut-out. I think it is one of those effects that work best as a surprise. I have seen it a few times since and now the surprise has worn off...

djkidkaz

Why can't we just get some confirmation as to what is going on with this thing already?! Are they fixing it or what??? Their obviously doing SOMETHING if they are covering it with a tarp for a period of time. Disney can be so annoying some times. Damn, just come out and say it already. Either your fixin the thing or your not. :fork:

muse1983

A friend of mine who is in Disney rode EE today and said the Yeti was in plain site, still not moving. Strobe light in full effect...:brick:

Rich1

Indeed...only a strobe light. After riding again, he seems kind of hunched forward and pitiful looking. Maybe they tried to fix but failed or possibly they still need to make a few more adjustments and were unable to do so bc of thunderstorms.

floam

Yeti repairs

You're pretty new here... What are your sources? :shrug:

No source. Lets just say the information is not second hand. And Yeti will never be what has been described as "A" mode again. Any repair that returns the figure to some "limited" motion is all that is being considered right now. No final decisions have been made as to how to proceed, but no major work will be undertaken on the figure until at least 2012.

Alektronic

No source. Lets just say the information is not second hand. And Yeti will never be what has been described as "A" mode again. Any repair that returns the figure to some "limited" motion is all that is being considered right now. No final decisions have been made as to how to proceed, but no major work will be undertaken on the figure until at least 2012.

He may be new here, but at least his information is correct. It is the same thing I have been saying. Limited motion will be at the best to hope for. Some arm motion (Maybe a Disney Wave?) and some mouth movement, maybe just a smile.

trr1

Why can't we just get some confirmation as to what is going on with this thing already?! Are they fixing it or what??? Their obviously doing SOMETHING if they are covering it with a tarp for a period of time. Disney can be so annoying some times. Damn, just come out and say it already. Either your fixin the thing or your not. :fork:

A friend of mine who is in Disney rode EE today and said the Yeti was in plain site, still not moving. Strobe light in full effect...:brick:
maybe they had him covered to install a new strobe light?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom