Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

ToTBellHop

This has turned into a classic, "I swear I saw the yeti!"/"I'll believe it when I see it" conversation that has surrounded the yeti for centuries. Maybe that was Rohde's aim. 20 years from now, people will talk about how they think they remember seeing a moving yeti but no one will believe that was ever the case.

minsmk

Okay so my CM friend just told me that Betty is not, I repeat not moving at all surprisingly. It's a new lighting and effect trick that makes your eye think she was moving. But she's still in B mode.

They also added sound effects to the broken track area where it sounds like breaks squeaking and trying to hold onto the track. Listen for it next time ^^

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Okay so my CM friend just told me that Betty is not, I repeat not moving at all surprisingly. It's a new lighting and effect trick that makes your eye think she was moving. But she's still in B mode.

They also added sound effects to the broken track area where it sounds like breaks squeaking and trying to hold onto the track. Listen for it next time ^^

Well, I saw him move, and when did u ask your friend? Last time I rode E:E was on September 3rd (Labor Day) I didn't see any strobes,I'm not being mean and saying you're wrong, yet this whole "Its Working" "NO ITS NOT", "YEAH, ITS GOING" debate has been going on for a while. I just think Joe should put the Yeti on his to-do list instead of shining his earring;) I also didn't notice the new FX at the broken track. Is the bird back? I liked him,he really gave the illusion of height

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
This has turned into a classic, "I swear I saw the yeti!"/"I'll believe it when I see it" conversation that has surrounded the yeti for centuries. Maybe that was Rohde's aim. 20 years from now, people will talk about how they think they remember seeing a moving yeti but no one will believe that was ever the case.

That's actually kind of funny. In the video where they showed the yeti being made, one of the imagineers said "People will talk about the yeti for years, we actually have been talking about it for years, whether it is working or not:rolleyes:

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
upload_2014-9-12_10-9-57.jpeg
One Does Not Simply Scroll through a thread about the yeti and support B Mode

minsmk

Well, I saw him move, and when did u ask your friend? Last time I rode E:E was on September 3rd (Labor Day) I didn't see any strobes,I'm not being mean and saying you're wrong, yet this whole "Its Working" "NO ITS NOT", "YEAH, ITS GOING" debate has been going on for a while. I just think Joe should put the Yeti on his to-do list instead of shining his earring;) I also didn't notice the new FX at the broken track. Is the bird back? I liked him,he really gave the illusion of height

I can't say what kind of lighting is used besides the fact of red lighting. Yes the bird is working now ^^ It's been working for 2+months and I only noticed him on my second ride because I was bracing myself for the backwards part lol. Anyway, they texted me this morning. So unless they recently changed something up, the red lighting is staying.

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
I can't say what kind of lighting is used besides the fact of red lighting. Yes the bird is working now ^^ It's been working for 2+months and I only noticed him on my second ride because I was bracing myself for the backwards part lol. Anyway, they texted me this morning. So unless they recently changed something up, the red lighting is staying.

Well, I did see a red light on the yeti, but I know I also saw some arm motion and some very small lunge. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom