Yeti being fixed

lazyboy97o

There are a number of promotional videos that Disney put out stating that the Yeti, the mountain and track support structure are separate and do not interact with each other.

We also know that the Yeti was installed after the mountain was built.

Lastly, it has been confirmed by multiple sources that the yeti has been fully removed at least once.
I think the figure missing has been accurately reported in one of the many past threads as well.

Dinoman96

Since the yeti has been in B mode for over 11 years, I'll believe it when I see it.

You never quite know.

For example, just look at the compsognathus effect on DINOSAUR. It was broken and deactivated for nearly 20 or so years until they finally addressed it by replacing the physical puppets with screens/projections last year.

So, in that sense, maybe the Yeti will too be replaced by an projection at the end? Welp.

IWant2GoNow

I'd love to think that my avatar would finally change. I mean no disrespect to the OP but we've heard this same type of thing for.. holy crap, is it like 10 years now?! I would not doubt EE going down for a much needed refurb but I fear that we'll never see the original Yeti with its original motion ever again. I hope I'm wrong.

rael ramone

No way the yeti will be fixed. The foundation is so badly damaged that to fix it they would have to bulldoze the entire park and start from scratch. I have heard they may also have to remove Animal Kingdom Lodge to fix the Yet.

Actually I think they have to get at it from the bottom. As in tunnel in from the other side of the planet. (In this case, in the Indian Ocean off the coast of Australia).

http://www.antipodr.com/

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I would not doubt EE going down for a much needed refurb but I fear that we'll never see the original Yeti with its original motion ever again. I hope I'm wrong.

I could envision a scenario where they build a GOTG:MB style/themed attraction, remove the Yeti from EE and replace it with a projection effect, then place the removed yeti in a "cage" in the new GOTG attraction as part of the collector's collection... (not completely dissimilar to what they did with Harold the Yeti over at Disneyland). Would be amazing if they did "fix" the yeti in this hypothetical move, but they could just as likely leave him as static (again not completely dissimilar to what they did with Harold the Yeti over at Disneyland). I mean, if they did replace the yeti with a projection effect, I doubt they would completely trash the animatronic, and this would be a suitable alternative use (unless they end up building the Everest clone that is rumored for Shanghai).

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Projection on a Static Yeti with arm movement controlled by gravity. Simple. Cheap. Effective.
(I take payment in the form of cash, Unlimited FastPass or Dole Whips)

also... yeah I'll believe it when I see it!

rsm

On an unrelated note, insider-sources claim Disney is accepting applicants for a new entry-level cast member position. "Puppeteer skills encouraged but not required."
Untitled-1.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom