Yeti being fixed

loucards15

Original Poster
Hearing from a few sources that the yeti will be fixed soon. Now that pandora land has opened Disney will be able to fix the yeti at Animal Kingdom. This is great relief for me and I know a lot of people because I know it's been down for a while now. I was disappointed when it was still down durning my spring trip. I thought it would've been fixed over the next couple of months but I was disappointed when I rode it the other day and it wasn't. I'm hearing now though that image neering now has the resources to fix it and it should be fixed soon. Praying my sources are right but they usually are on these kinda of things

Cmdr_Crimson

11 years too long of asking and asking....It's come up to the point of going straight up to Joe Rhode and saying..
giphy.gif

geekza

From what I understand, the current AA figure can't really be fixed. The way it was designed and installed, its movement was literally shaking the mountain loose. It's possible they could get in there and completely remove it and change it to another kind of AA but I certainly haven't heard of such a thing happening.That would be big news and all over the place.

lazyboy97o

From what I understand, the current AA figure can't really be fixed. The way it was designed and installed, its movement was literally shaking the mountain loose. It's possible they could get in there and completely remove it and change it to another kind of AA but I certainly haven't heard of such a thing happening.That would be big news and all over the place.
The Yeti figure is not attached to the mountain. It was also installed after the mountain was built and has been removed in the past.

MrHappy

The Yeti figure is not attached to the mountain. It was also installed after the mountain was built and has been removed in the past.
@lazyboy97o, I respect your knowledge and your posts. But is there any confirmation that the Yeti has been removed in the past? I watched a video (seemed creditable) that the hand/arm of the yeti is built into the mountain frame, yada yada, we know the story. How can we confirm?

montyz81

Is there motion in the head or does it move because the body moves when the arm swings?
Seems like they could have reduced the motion, even if he shook his head without full range grabbing motion it would have looked better....
I was wrong. It does move. I just watched this video: I agree, they could have defined "B Mode" as including some light Yeti movement.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
@lazyboy97o, I respect your knowledge and your posts. But is there any confirmation that the Yeti has been removed in the past? I watched a video (seemed creditable) that the hand/arm of the yeti is built into the mountain frame, yada yada, we know the story. How can we confirm?
There are a number of promotional videos that Disney put out stating that the Yeti, the mountain and track support structure are separate and do not interact with each other.

We also know that the Yeti was installed after the mountain was built.

Lastly, it has been confirmed by multiple sources that the yeti has been fully removed at least once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom