Yeti been switched out for repair? Something new in the cave

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
I rode Everest yesterday, and it looked to me as though something was happening with the Yeti. It was incredibly dark in there, but during the brief strobe I got a quick glimpse, and the figure looked totally diffferent. It looked as though either the yeti had been totally replaced, or the current yeti was in a totally different configuration (which I had never seen before).

I am wondeirng if there is any possibility that the original figure has been removed for a rework and a standby figure put in it's place (as they do on Dinosaur), or whether there is something new in there still being installed.

Just for information, I've notched up over 100 rides on Everset since opening, so I'm familiar with the normal show.

WDITrent

Maybe it was frozen in a different position? This is still very exciting. :D

EDIT: By the way, I feel really special to be the first reply out of what will probably be a lot more...

Figment632

It was replaced with this

matterhorn_yeti.jpg

ptaylor

Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe it was frozen in a different position? This is still very exciting. :D

EDIT: By the way, I feel really special to be the first reply out of what will probably be a lot more...

It certainly didn't look like the same figure - in terms of size and position. The position it was in didn't look like it would be possible with the original figure.

I need to get back over there to have another look. Unfortunately it was so dark and lit for such a brief amount of time.

IWant2GoNow

If this were true, I might be able to switch my avatar sooner than I originally thought. I'm REALLY hoping that this is being done. But until then, stay strong Yeti fans! :wave:

Testtrack321

Wouldn't they need to pretty much cut the mountain open, remove the yeti, in pieces, then put it back in? I think the whole mountain was built AROUND the yeti...

Lee

Adventurer
Wouldn't they need to pretty much cut the mountain open, remove the yeti, in pieces, then put it back in? I think the whole mountain was built AROUND the yeti...

No. No cutting. The mountain was designed to allow access to the Yeti, and for his removal if needed. He would have to be in pieces to be removed.

BrerFrog

No. No cutting. The mountain was designed to allow access to the Yeti, and for his removal if needed. He would have to be in pieces to be removed.

That is what I assumed since making it impossible to remove the Yeti for maintance without cutting the mountain would be one of the most stupid engineering/planning mistakes... ever.

scpergj

I rode Saturday morning, and definitely noticed something was not right. I haven't ridden hundres of times, but have ridden about 12, including passholder preview weekend. In reality all I could see was a bright blinking light, and the shadow of a figure - couldn't see the figure itself, almost like it was lit from behind, but one of the strobes hit me right in the eyes.

Buried20KLeague

That is what I assumed since making it impossible to remove the Yeti for maintance without cutting the mountain would be one of the most stupid engineering/planning mistakes... ever.

Like not properly designing the yeti or the foundation for said yeti for the forces it would be experiencing on a routine basis 365 days out of the year?

:lookaroun

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Like not properly designing the yeti or the foundation for said yeti for the forces it would be experiencing on a routine basis 365 days out of the year?

:lookaroun

To be fair, we have never had a confirmed reason for the failure. Whether it was design or implementation. Doesn't matter how good the design is if there is a problem with construction or material failure.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is excellent news, especially coming from a trusted member of the forum. If you all remember TDO was working on the Yeti during overnights last year and we heard nothing about it for months. So it is definitely possible this has been kept under wraps. If they do manage to get this situation resolved in a satisfactory manner, then they will have fixed AKs biggest problem. I am very excited.

Dinoman96

Sounds good. Hopefully this will be fixed when I go to AK in summer.

Also, if it will be fixed, maybe TDO saw my "Dark Times" topic...now fufill the rest of my dreams pls. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom