year you first went to WDW

Vegas Disney Fan

Welcome to the forums Sean, my first trip was in 2013, a 40th Birthday present I gifted myself. I always wanted to go but figured Disney was a “kids place“ so I kept waiting thinking I’d eventually get married and go once we had kids, at 39 I realized that may not happen so I took a solo trip as a middle aged guy, best thing I ever did. Ironically I met an equally obsessed Disney girl at the parks a year later and we’ve been together 9 years now, we’ve been to WDW another half dozen times, Disneyland more times than I can count, DL Paris 4 times, and just booked our 4th Disney cruise.

Sometimes I wish I hadn’t waited so long to go but feel I’ve made up for a lot of lost time over the last 10 years.

Virtual Toad

Hi Sean! 1972 for me. My happiest childhood memory happened somewhere between 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, the Skyway, and of course Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I vaguely remember my younger brother and I getting some sort of pink-and-orange cup and plate set, and perhaps a Mickey balloon, but the rest of the memory eludes me, lost in a haze of happy feelings, high humidity, a dimly lit submarine interior and the glow of fluorescent lights illuminating the queue of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. All I know for sure is that it was absolute perfection as seen through the eyes of a six-year-old. Pure magic-- and the start of a love affair with the place that continues on and off to this day.

RoadiJeff

1975. It was a HS graduation gift from my parents.

My first trip to Disneyland was around 1961. My parents would hold me as we watched the fireworks each night and I would point out certain ones and say things like, "Big shiny" or "Little shiny".

DisneyMama830

In the Parks
No
Hi Sean! My first trip was in 1986. I was 5 (almost 6) years old. We went twice when I was a kid, and then right before my senior year of high school, my dad moved to Florida for a few years. I would go down to visit twice a year all through college and into my mid-20s. My dad and I would always spend a couple days at WDW together while I was in town, so I’ve been to WDW way more as an adult. Now I get to take my own kids, which is awesome!

Goofyernmost

First trip was in 1983 when I was 35 years old. There with my wife and two young daughters. In spite of my age, or maybe because of it, they had me at the Welcome to Walt Disney World entrance sign.

Figments Friend

Also visited in 1979.
I was eight years old, and only remember two things -

My very first airplane ride, on Eastern Airlines ( The Official Airline of Walt Disney World!) from BOS to MCO.
Witnessing and absolutely loving ‘The Mickey Mouse Revue’.

Changes took place within me.
🙂

-

DW Aficionado

1979 - Stayed at the Polynesian, off to the side where the beach area is. Swam every day in the alligator infested waters. No one seemed to care. River Country was not all that great. MK was nice but very few rides. Lots of down time

Smiley/OCD

October, 1993 on my honeymoon…me, 29, wife,25…she went to DLR as a kid, it was my first trip on a plane and to WDW…we took a hiatus until our kids came along and after first seeing their faces the first time they saw Cinderella Castle hooked us!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom