Y'all should ...

tomman710

On pace for construction to begin by the end of the year as was previously announced.

I'm a few pages behind but ...

"On pace" ... do any of the general contractors, architects, subcontractors, material vendors, or suppliers know about this?

"On pace" ... I know you read all of your information on the net and then filter it into your genius-like decipherin' brain-o-matic but NO WHERE on the net, books, magazines, construction sites, permitting offices, insider information, company posturing, or even in Rasulo's words can you claim that anything at all, let alone construction, is "on pace" for Avatarland.

At best (and only if you are filtering through Mongello-Colored Glasses) you can take away from Rasulo's words that Avatarland is still a possibility but he offered no details, timetables, or plans ... but the realists (using actual insider information coming from sources who have no agenda to spin) know that Avatarland is likely postponed (indefinitely).

twebber55

I'm a few pages behind but ...

"On pace" ... do any of the general contractors, architects, subcontractors, material vendors, or suppliers know about this?

"On pace" ... I know you read all of your information on the net and then filter it into your genius-like decipherin' brain-o-matic but NO WHERE on the net, books, magazines, construction sites, permitting offices, insider information, company posturing, or even in Rasulo's words can you claim that anything at all, let alone construction, is "on pace" for Avatarland.

At best (and only if you are filtering through Mongello-Colored Glasses) you can take away from Rasulo's words that Avatarland is still a possibility but he offered no details, timetables, or plans ... but the realists (using actual insider information coming from sources who have no agenda to spin) know that Avatarland is likely postponed (indefinitely).
im gonna guess and say you re not a big fan of pandora coming to DAK

tomman710

im gonna guess and say you re not a big fan of pandora coming to DAK

Full disclosure, yes, I hated the movie Avatar for many reasons (this isn't about the movie, though).

BUT I would LOVE a major addition to DAK, as long as it's well done ... true I'd rather have something else but if it's Avatar or nothing in DAK then of course I'd pick Avatar. The one thing I am excited about is Cameron (although his writing skills took a nosedive from his previous work to Avatar) I trust Cameron to push Disney to make it a truly ground breaking immersive experience.

But really none of that has anything to do with my previous comments, whether I like Avatar or not or want it or not doesn't change what we know. Rasulo said nothing except yes it's coming but there are no plans, details, etc ... additionally our insiders say it's on hold, which would correlate to the fact that the movies themselves are on hold.

Additionally, in semi-full disclosure, I am fully connected to the construction industry in Orlando, if a major project were on pace to begin construction by the end of the year someone would know, GCs, subs, manufacturers, suppliers, or someone would have contracts ... these things take time for the planning, bid process, prep work, pre-con meetings, etc ... none of that has been done. Granted, they could "fast track" something but that goes against their style.

So my point that construction is "on pace" to begin at the end of the year is flat out wrong.

twebber55

Full disclosure, yes, I hated the movie Avatar for many reasons (this isn't about the movie, though).

BUT I would LOVE a major addition to DAK, as long as it's well done ... true I'd rather have something else but if it's Avatar or nothing in DAK then of course I'd pick Avatar. The one thing I am excited about is Cameron (although his writing skills took a nosedive from his previous work to Avatar) I trust Cameron to push Disney to make it a truly ground breaking immersive experience.

But really none of that has anything to do with my previous comments, whether I like Avatar or not or want it or not doesn't change what we know. Rasulo said nothing except yes it's coming but there are no plans, details, etc ... additionally our insiders say it's on hold, which would correlate to the fact that the movies themselves are on hold.

Additionally, in semi-full disclosure, I am fully connected to the construction industry in Orlando, if a major project were on pace to begin construction by the end of the year someone would know, GCs, subs, manufacturers, suppliers, or someone would have contracts ... these things take time for the planning, bid process, prep work, pre-con meetings, etc ... none of that has been done. Granted, they could "fast track" something but that goes against their style.

So my point that construction is "on pace" to begin at the end of the year is flat out wrong.
first and foremost i am a guy that is pro expansion so just about any expansion is ok with me..again NFE is not my cup of tea and my kids are now too old for this but i think its a good idea..i personally love the idea of pandora and hope it gets developed but if they made mysterious island there i would be just as pumped

tomman710

first and foremost i am a guy that is pro expansion so just about any expansion is ok with me..again NFE is not my cup of tea and my kids are now too old for this but i think its a good idea..i personally love the idea of pandora and hope it gets developed but if they made mysterious island there i would be just as pumped

Agreed. While I hate Avatar I think it's ridiculous to state "I'd rather have nothing than Avatar." I guess people say that with the assumption that it won't be nothing forever but at the rate TDO moves I'll take what I can get when I get it and have self loathing about the fact that I am part of the problem that eats up whatever scraps they throw at us.

themonkeyisthesultan

Has Kingdom Hearts ever come up as a possibility for a land at DAK? I know it isn't exactly what happens in the games, but it seems like it would be a good way to connect Disney to fantasy creatures by making it more about Disney characters entering Squarsoft-type worlds than the other way around
Plus, the steampunk setting would make it different from other fantasy settings (and is getting more and more popular). It's a popular franchise (I see people in Kingdom Hearts shirts all the time and see them in related costumes at Halloween parties).

SirLink

Has Kingdom Hearts ever come up as a possibility for a land at DAK? I know it isn't exactly what happens in the games, but it seems like it would be a good way to connect Disney to fantasy creatures by making it more about Disney characters entering Squarsoft-type worlds than the other way around
Plus, the steampunk setting would make it different from other fantasy settings (and is getting more and more popular). It's a popular franchise (I see people in Kingdom Hearts shirts all the time and see them in related costumes at Halloween parties).

If you want a way to tie together mini-lands without a theme, that would be valid for a new park for Japan, not in a themed environment which is about Mother Earth.

A better idea would be for themselves to 'dig up' the MI proposal for DAK and maybe add a few more fantasy creatures into that.

themonkeyisthesultan

If you want a way to tie together mini-lands without a theme, that would be valid for a new park for Japan, not in a themed environment which is about Mother Earth.

A better idea would be for themselves to 'dig up' the MI proposal for DAK and maybe add a few more fantasy creatures into that.
I was thinking that a Kingdom Hearts land could fill the same role that Beastly Kingdom would have, only it would be tied to an existing franchise (as Disney seems to think everything should be these days).

I'm not sure how a cloned land that isn't about fantasy creatures would be a better fit.

SirLink

I was thinking that a Kingdom Hearts land could fill the same role that Beastly Kingdom would have, only it would be tied to an existing franchise (as Disney seems to think everything should be these days).

I'm not sure how a cloned land that isn't about fantasy creatures would be a better fit.

Well according to insiders on this forum, it wouldn't be a straight copy of the attraction from TDS if thats what you were implying.

Yes Disney likes their synergy - they have had franchises come and go which could of occupied this space. They could of had a clue and not ed off JKR and had a clue and proposed concepts for it in DAK*, they could of got a clue and built Narnia, they could get a clue and propose Middle Earth.

*Apparently they proposed it for DHS and MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom