Y'all should ...

Pixiedustmaker

So, to summarize:

1. Carsland in DHS. One insider says "very very very close" or something like that, with groundwork in maybe the next 12 months, and another insider says Carsland has not been greenlit, but is "It is very possibly (likely even) happening.", though also says that there are competing proposals and obscure agendas at work.

2. Supposedly, a Stark-style E Ticket will be built using Innoventions, and it will involve a new ride mechanism. Well, The Carousel theatre is basically a big shell, and last time I checked, they still rotated the floor. If they aren't going to rotate the floor, then I think it would be a real bad idea to leave the floor in as the ball bearings might rust, and of course you couldn't just cut it up and put in a ride queue. So, if they are going to take out the floor and basically gut the Carousel like they did for Innoventions . . . then it would make sense, IMHO. to just bring the structure down as it is just a giant shell type structure, plus they could built the new attraction at grade and make it much easier to enter/exit.

Actually might be more expensive to try to retro-fit an E-Ticket into such an aging structure.

So, while I haven't asked any of my sources about any of this stuff, my common sense tells me that Innoventions won't be repurposed into an E-Ticket.

3. The Avatarland stuff is being followed pretty closely, progress is at a standstill etc . . . The OP for this thread hinted at details for Avatarland, didn't see anything unless I missed something in 40+ pages of speculation.

Disneyhead'71

I heard mt. Crumpet was out for lorax but its still a ways off and could go either way
The 2014 option has presented the most options (read arguments). It originally started as a family friendly amber mine coaster in JP. Then others at UniCreative got all hopped up on the Crumpet coaster and the debate started. So while they were discussing amongst themselves UniStudios started pressing The Lorax. URO would rather have Mt. Crumpet because The Grinch has a lot more merchandising firepower than The Lorax. But I have heard that UniCreative have come up with an impressive Lorax attraction concept. I haven't heard where the debate over what it will be stands, but I heard that whatever it is, it was greenlit 2 weeks ago.

M.rudolf

The 2014 option has presented the most options (read arguments). It originally started as a family friendly amber mine coaster in JP. Then others at UniCreative got all hopped up on the Crumpet coaster and the debate started. So while they were discussing amongst themselves UniStudios started pressing The Lorax. URO would rather have Mt. Crumpet because The Grinch has a lot more merchandising firepower than The Lorax. But I have heard that UniCreative have come up with an impressive Lorax attraction concept. I haven't heard where the debate over what it will be stands, but I heard that whatever it is it was greenlit 2 weeks ago.
Thank you I had heard everything but the greenlight. I'd put money on lorax due to the sequel they are producing

cbconglom

The 2014 option has presented the most options (read arguments). It originally started as a family friendly amber mine coaster in JP. Then others at UniCreative got all hopped up on the Crumpet coaster and the debate started. So while they were discussing amongst themselves UniStudios started pressing The Lorax. URO would rather have Mt. Crumpet because The Grinch has a lot more merchandising firepower than The Lorax. But I have heard that UniCreative have come up with an impressive Lorax attraction concept. I haven't heard where the debate over what it will be stands, but I heard that whatever it is it was greenlit 2 weeks ago.

thanks for all the info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom