Yak & Yeti Opinions?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Sorry I keep asking about all kinds of places to eat. We wanna try new places out along with our favs! I am looking at the steak and shrimp. I found a pic online of that dinner and it looked great! Any opinions that are NOT in the review section? Been there and done that!

drossjr

Sorry I keep asking about all kinds of places to eat. We wanna try new places out along with our favs! I am looking at the steak and shrimp. I found a pic online of that dinner and it looked great! Any opinions that are NOT in the review section? Been there and done that!

We have gone here the past two trips. Have had great food each time, its a nice place to dine, good themeing. Service is friendly but a little slow thus usually a wait even though the place is rather large. Mango Pie for dessert is awesome!!!:slurp:

Phonedave

I was not too thrilled with it. But then I was only there once.

To my tastes the food was bland and simplistic. The service was just poor, but then I ate there just after it opened, so they may have been getting the bug out still.

The menu is like a resaruant searching for a theme. Does it want to be Thai, Americanized Chinese Take-out, Vietnamese, or a TGI Fridays?

I will give it another chance sometime, but it currently does not reside on my recommended list.

-dave

RiversideBunny

I was not too thrilled with it. But then I was only there once.

To my tastes the food was bland and simplistic. The service was just poor, but then I ate there just after it opened, so they may have been getting the bug out still.

The menu is like a resaruant searching for a theme. Does it want to be Thai, Americanized Chinese Take-out, Vietnamese, or a TGI Fridays?

I will give it another chance sometime, but it currently does not reside on my recommended list.

-dave

Agree, except that we had excellent service.
:)

Figment632

NY GF tells me it was good i was about 12 or 13 drinks in the bag from the World SHowcase earlier si I have no memory of being there :shrug:

erstwo

I'm going to go against the grain here.

The only time we've eaten there was in June of 2009. We thought it was excellent. I'm taking my entire family there in December. DH is the foodie. I usually just order the chicken. DH thought his meal was fantastic. I'll have to ask him what he ate - I'm sure he'll remember.

I have no memory of the service, but do remember the kids weren't screaming by the end of the meal - a sure sign we had our drinks refilled promptly and our meals delivered quickly. It was pretty busy too.

I really fail to see why this place gets bad reviews. We thought it was great. Maybe it's because we live in a small town without diverse dining options but we don't find it to be bland at all. The pineapple cream cheese wonton dessert might be the best dessert I've had ever. Anywhere. Not just at Disney World. In fact, for my solo trip last fall, I walked in without an ADR just to order the dessert! I'd say give it a shot. You want to try new places, it's one of the only sit-downs at AK, I say try it.

emaginear

We to ate here in June of 2009. I found it to be rather tasty. I would go back and try it again. Not to mention the building inside is nicely themed.

liz-adam

Yak and Yeti is one of our favorites! We have to eat there twice each trip. I 100% recomend the steak and shrimp. It is by far the best item there. I have had other dishes and none were anything to write home about. But, that steak and shrimp is to die for and all of the desserts are amazing.

Lucky

I liked Y&Y, although my wife wasn't as impressed.

The steak and shrimp was good, and the desserts and atmosphere of the place were first rate. We had a 2nd floor table with a good view. The restaurant's theming is just right for that part of AK.

:wave:Hi :)
My Husband and I have been going to the Yak & Yeti on each trip to the World since it opened.
We usually go for lunch and make reservations in advance.
If you are going during the fall/winter months just a caution not to go upstairs for seating (it was freezing on our last trip in October) sitting up there.
As for the food, I am a vegetarian and I have enjoyed the food here. They give you a good amount of food I can never finish my dish.
I will include pictures of the last meal we had there in Ocotober.
I think you and your hubby to be will like it. Just make reservations in advance and you will be fine. It's also pretty cool to take some pictures of all the art etc they have all over inside. Hope this helps. You can also email me personally if you need more info ok.
Take care now. :) :wave:
CIMG0232.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom