Wwmjd?

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:
Successful, probably.
But are you sure about happy?
You don't sound it.

I very much agree with that statement...and am going through kind of the same thing. I am graduating in 2 weeks and have not started looking for a job. What would really make me happy is to move down to FL and get a job working for Disney and then working my way up. It's what would make me happy, but chances are, it will take me a lot to be successful.
What does my mom want?
She wants me to work for all these companies in town that offer benefits and are well paying jobs. I don't really want to take them. I really want to move to FL...

I figure, life will take me where I need to go. I'll get my answer in the end.

Uponastar

nibblesandbits said:
I very much agree with that statement...and am going through kind of the same thing. I am graduating in 2 weeks and have not started looking for a job. What would really make me happy is to move down to FL and get a job working for Disney and then working my way up. It's what would make me happy, but chances are, it will take me a lot to be successful.
What does my mom want?
She wants me to work for all these companies in town that offer benefits and are well paying jobs. I don't really want to take them. I really want to move to FL...

I think success can be so overrated.
You can have the money and all the "things" that seem so important, but in the end, if you're not happy doing what you do, what's the point?

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
I know it's hard, but you are just going to have to get the guts up to ask us girls out. (Trust me, I've asked out quite a few guys back in high school and got turned down by all of them. It wasn't fun, but you learn from it and move on.)

We are not all that hard to talk to. Pretty girls are just like everyone else. If you just strike up a conversation with us and then lead that into asking us out, you might have a shot. (Of course, this is usually easier if you aren't friends with the girl you are trying to ask out...that brings up a whole other can of worms. 2. I wasn't trying to be all high and mighty and call myself a pretty girl....didn't want to seem like a brat. :lol:
Sigh...I was born with a mental block when it comes to this. My brain won't let me do it...

Pongo

nibblesandbits said:
What does my mom want?

Florida's a nifty little place ;)

For me, I've known pretty much what I wanted to since I was four. It's just lately that I hone in on the specifics. My only problem is I have no idea how to start doing it. But I figure that I still have th rest of high school and college to figure that out :lol:

Pongo

Uponastar said:
You can have the money and all the "things" that seem so important, but in the end, if you're not happy doing what you do, what's the point?

Yes! Spoken like a true Transcendentalist.

That's so true. Success is nothing if you aren't happy with yourself.

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:

And that's what I feel.

My mom has a problem because I've gone to college for a degree and I want to go work for Disney working the crap jobs that I could have gotten right out of high school.

My theory though is that I'll have to work that crap jobs almost anywhere (especially if I want to get a career in the media anyway.) and work my way up...so why not work for a company that I would love to work for.

What's his face and I both wouldn't mind moving to FL...we were both talking this winter about how next winter we'd be in the sun enjoying the weather, for the most part.

The only step is to actually do it...which is always hard to leave your friends and family. But if there were ever a time to move (at least for a while) it would be now, right after getting married.

nibblesandbits

STR8FAN2005 said:
Sigh...I was born with a mental block when it comes to this. My brain won't let me do it...

We are all born with that block. You think it was easy for me to ask guys out? Heck no. But I just realized that I would rather have taken the chance then to have not done it and wondered what if.

(It's like that John Michael Montgomery song, Life's a Dance)

Trust me, do it once and you'll see it's not totally bad.

Uponastar

STR8FAN2005 said:

Your brain won't let you ask out a girl?
Okay, then don't focus on that so much.
Instead, try to put yourself in situations where you come into contact with girls. Group situations are so much easier. Then you have girls as friends. It makes you more comfortable around them. So then asking one out won't be so hard.

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:
Your brain won't let you ask out a girl?
Okay, then don't focus on that so much.
Instead, try to put yourself in situations where you come into contact with girls. Group situations are so much easier. Then you have girls as friends. It makes you more comfortable around them. So then asking one out won't be so hard.

ooh...good advice! :D

Uponastar

nibblesandbits said:
And that's what I feel.

My mom has a problem because I've gone to college for a degree and I want to go work for Disney working the crap jobs that I could have gotten right out of high school.

My theory though is that I'll have to work that crap jobs almost anywhere (especially if I want to get a career in the media anyway.) and work my way up...so why not work for a company that I would love to work for.

What's his face and I both wouldn't mind moving to FL...we were both talking this winter about how next winter we'd be in the sun enjoying the weather, for the most part.

The only step is to actually do it...which is always hard to leave your friends and family. But if there were ever a time to move (at least for a while) it would be now, right after getting married.

Nibs, do it!
If it's what you both want, make it happen now!
Now is the time, while it's still just the two of you.
I believe that people can live their dreams!
Why not?!

nibblesandbits

Uponastar said:
Nibs, do it!
Why not?!

I think we're going to...it's just actually doing it. We are currently planning to possibly take a trip down to FL in Dec. to look at the area...maybe scope out housing situations and things like that. (Since he'll be old enough to rent a car by then).

I figured we'd better do it now before we decide to have kids and ruin the whole dream! :lol:

Pongo

Uponastar said:
Nibs, do it!
Why not?!

Not only that, but you create your own future. As Jean-Paul Sartre said:

Sartre said:
Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself.

CaptainMichael

nibblesandbits said:
I figured we'd better do it now before we decide to have kids and ruin the whole dream! :lol:
Definitely:lol:

Off topic: I'm watching Survivor and a medic just came and helped a castaway....Ruins the illusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom