Wwmjd?

tigsmom

STR8FAN2005 said:
Unless WDI moves to New Orleans or a Harry Potter or Mickey Mouse pops up in my head, I will be a lawyer by 2012....I think...

Why become a lawyer if it will not make you happy? I know you love your hometown, but you may have to leave to fulfill your dreams. ((HUGS))

Connor002

Original Poster
STR8FAN2005 said:
Unless WDI moves to New Orleans or a Harry Potter or Mickey Mouse pops up in my head, I will be a lawyer by 2012....I think...

Well... why New Orleans? It would be tough to move, but... It is a Small World, after all. :lookaroun

And... there are other companies out there besides WDI, it could be worth looking into. Besides, WDI would want someone with field experience under their belt, anyway.

Connor002

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
Oh how disturbing!
It's not that I hate all commercials.
Some are funny. Some are small works of art.
It is just the amount of time they take out of a program!
Love that fast forward button!

I am a rabid channel surfer. :lookaroun

Nemo14

Time for me to head out. We're going to Vermont for the day tomorrow, so I probably won't be on til Saturday. Hopefully you won't fill this thread by then! :lol:
Have a good evening all! :wave:

Connor002

Original Poster
So... did I mention I have another cousin?
I decided this family was getting too big.
So I just called and told it all positions have been filled.
:lookaroun

CaptainMichael

tigsmom said:
Why become a lawyer if it will not make you happy? I know you love your hometown, but you may have to leave to fulfill your dreams. ((HUGS))
I can be happy being a lawyer. I worked at a lawfirm all of last year. Ideally, I'd be married to Carrie Underwood and be CEO of the Walt Disney Co., but that is unrealistic. Dreams are fun, but reality is reality. I'm going to business school and law school because that is the only way that I can see myself being successful in this wonderful/dreadful state that I live in.

Uponastar

STR8FAN2005 said:
I can be happy being a lawyer. I worked at a lawfirm all of last year. Ideally, I'd be married to Carrie Underwood and be CEO of the Walt Disney Co., but that is unrealistic. Dreams are fun, but reality is reality. I'm going to business school and law school because that is the only way that I can see myself being successful in this wonderful/dreadful state that I live in.

Successful, probably.
But are you sure about happy?
You don't sound it.

CaptainMichael

Uponastar said:
Successful, probably.
But are you sure about happy?
You don't sound it.
I don't think anyone could possibly answer that for sure. You go with what you know best and hope that everything works out.

All this talk about careers and I'm really only majorly concerned with my girl and calculus problem...:lookaroun

nibblesandbits

STR8FAN2005 said:
I don't really try at all because I'm that clueless. The fear of rejection, and not knowing what to do is hard to overcome.

I'll give you my advice for that one since we are both around the same age and both in college.

I know it's hard, but you are just going to have to get the guts up to ask us girls out. (Trust me, I've asked out quite a few guys back in high school and got turned down by all of them. It wasn't fun, but you learn from it and move on.)

We are not all that hard to talk to. Pretty girls are just like everyone else. If you just strike up a conversation with us and then lead that into asking us out, you might have a shot. (Of course, this is usually easier if you aren't friends with the girl you are trying to ask out...that brings up a whole other can of worms. 2. I wasn't trying to be all high and mighty and call myself a pretty girl....didn't want to seem like a brat. :lol:

You could always try the trick that my fiance used. Go to a country line dancing bar (yep...seriously where what's his face met me) run into the girl, then get her off to the side, buy her a drink and just start chatting. Then if the conversation goes well, get her number. Then call her in like a day or so. (Don't call too soon or we think you're a little crazy...although what's his face called the next day and by the time I got a hold of him, we set up a date for the same night. The Rules be darned!)

I know it's hard to find the right person...but trust me, she's out there. Here's some great advice from someone who's only dated a total of like 3-4 people in her life...I'm not really sure how many it actually is, there were a few who I'm not sure if I went out with or not...

don't look for Ms. Right...enjoy casually dating...you don't need to find THE ONE right away...Ms. Right will show up when it's time.

When I met what's his face, I was NOT looking for him. Matter fact, dating someone serious like this was the furthest thing from my mind. I had JUST broken up with someone and I realized that I just wanted to casually date. Little did I know that casually dating someone would turn into being THE ONE.

So trust me, when it's time...she'll show up...enjoy dating while you can. Cause once it's gone, it's gone. (Wow...I sound kind of cynical there! :lol: )

Uponastar

STR8FAN2005 said:
I don't think anyone could possibly answer that for sure. You go with what you know best and hope that everything works out.

All this talk about careers and I'm really only majorly concerned with my girl and calculus problem...:lookaroun

:lol:
Well!
I don't know if you read my response, but I think you should talk to the guys on here. You're all pretty much in the same boat when it comes to the ladies.
Calculus. Wish I could help, but I can't.

Pongo

STR8FAN2005 said:

I hate calculus :fork:

And all other math for that matter. Good luck with that :wave:

nibblesandbits

STR8FAN2005 said:

Hey...my dream was to marry Justin Timberlake and be an actress...I quickly learned I am qualified for neither of those things. :lol:

Pongo

nibblesandbits said:
I'll give you my advice for that one since we are both around the same age and both in college.

I know it's hard, but you are just going to have to get the guts up to ask us girls out. (Trust me, I've asked out quite a few guys back in high school and got turned down by all of them. It wasn't fun, but you learn from it and move on.)

We are not all that hard to talk to. Pretty girls are just like everyone else. If you just strike up a conversation with us and then lead that into asking us out, you might have a shot. (Of course, this is usually easier if you aren't friends with the girl you are trying to ask out...that brings up a whole other can of worms. 2. I wasn't trying to be all high and mighty and call myself a pretty girl....didn't want to seem like a brat. :lol:

You could always try the trick that my fiance used. Go to a country line dancing bar (yep...seriously where what's his face met me) run into the girl, then get her off to the side, buy her a drink and just start chatting. Then if the conversation goes well, get her number. Then call her in like a day or so. (Don't call too soon or we think you're a little crazy...although what's his face called the next day and by the time I got a hold of him, we set up a date for the same night. The Rules be darned!)

I know it's hard to find the right person...but trust me, she's out there. Here's some great advice from someone who's only dated a total of like 3-4 people in her life...I'm not really sure how many it actually is, there were a few who I'm not sure if I went out with or not...

don't look for Ms. Right...enjoy casually dating...you don't need to find THE ONE right away...Ms. Right will show up when it's time.

When I met what's his face, I was NOT looking for him. Matter fact, dating someone serious like this was the furthest thing from my mind. I had JUST broken up with someone and I realized that I just wanted to casually date. Little did I know that casually dating someone would turn into being THE ONE.

So trust me, when it's time...she'll show up...enjoy dating while you can. Cause once it's gone, it's gone. (Wow...I sound kind of cynical there! :lol: )

*highlight. right-click. save*

Nibbs, you are so wise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom