Wwmjd?

Uponastar

STR8FAN2005 said:
Well, it is just many things.

First, none of my friends came to LSU, and I haven't really made any friends since I've got here. I have friends, but not the like the ones back home.

Second, I seem to have been born with the deficiency of not being able to attract girls, or even approach them. I know I'll never understand them completely, but there has to be some way to figure them out. This whole girl thing has always been a source of trouble for me, and it just gets worse. If this part of the puzzle could be solved, I may find peace...momentarily...

Third, and this just hit me about 30 minutes ago, I don't know if I really want to be a lawyer or a businessman. I like to think of myself as a creative person. I come up with designs and idea all of the time, but I don't know what to do with that...Look what I did with one crazy little post by Connor about bringing a waffle iron to Luke's house...If I could just find some way, some way to do something with this gift like Disney, Rowling, and Lucas have done.

Fourth, I haven't had the pleasure of sleeping in my bedroom or my house for about 8 months. This whole not having a house thing is finally getting to me.

Fifth, Calculus is killing me.

1) Making friends takes time. All I can suggest is putting yourself into social situations i.e. clubs, volunteer groups etc. and be friendly.
In the meantime, you have friends here! :)

2) Girls! :rolleyes:
You aren't alone here with that! You guys should form a support group.
The one thing that I will repeat yet again is be patient and don't compromise yourself. Be true to who you are - always. The rest will follow.

3) It is perfectly fine to not know for sure what you want to do with your future. You're obviously bright and creative! A wonderful combination. Maybe you can come up with something that allows you to use all your talents. You don't have to decide your whole life's course right this minute!
Take your time with this one.

4) I'm so, so sorry about the house thing. I don't know what it is like to walk in your shoes with this one, so I can only offer my support.

5) Calculus! Bleh! Maybe a tutor can help?

Let me just end by saying, that sometimes just venting can be a big help.
You have a great outlet for that here!
We really do care, Michael!
We'll listen, anytime!

Nemo14

I typed this out once, then got kicked off the net :fork: , so I'll try again:
The way I see it goes something like this:
The house situation is indeed tragic, and I don't know how I'd handle that. But I do know, and you know, that there are people much worse off - people who lost family and friends from the hurricanes, or worse yet, people whose fate is still unknown. Believe me, my heart goes out to all of you!
As far as LSU is concerned - this has been your first experience living away from all that is familiar to you and it's going to take time to adjust. My first year of college was pretty lonely too, but trust me, you will make friends there that will be your friends for life. Give it a chance, and get involved on campus.
Now, about that "girl" situation - Michael, you are so bright, funny, and obviously very caring. The right girl is out there - she's probably getting a little tired of kissing toads too. When the time is right, you 2 will find each other - I truly believe that. In the meantime, enjoy being you - we certainly find you delightful!
I can't help you much with the whole college major thing, but, trust me, if you do change your major, you won't be the first. My daughter changed hers 3 times before she found her niche, and my son has not a clue about what he'd really like to do with his life (other than be in his band!). Try talking to some of the upperclassmen about it, or better yet, make an appointment with some of the other department chairmen and talk to them about your talents.
As far as Cal goes, I did Ace it in college, but that was back in the dark ages, so I'm afriad I wouldn't be of much help to you now.
Chin up there - we all love you here!

CaptainMichael

tigsmom said:
Have you thought about speaking to a counselor there at school? Sometimes just talking things out helps, especially when you have been thru something traumatic.!
I've thought about it, but I've never followed through.

tigsmom said:
Its not unusual for somebody your age to question the way their life is heading. If you honestly are unhappy with your career choice then maybe you should think about changing it. Have you spoken to your parents?!
My mother has actually suggested that I'm too creative to be doing what I'm doing, but I can't really think of an alternative that would allow me to stay in Louisiana.

tigsmom said:
Now about the ladies... some people are late bloomers. There is nothing wrong with that. Maybe you are trying too hard? Don't try to understand the fairer $. ex... it can't be done! :lol:!
I don't really try at all because I'm that clueless. The fear of rejection, and not knowing what to do is hard to overcome.

tigsmom said:
Calculus? Haven't the foggiest clue!
No one does:lol:

tigsmom

Michael, do they have career counselors at school? I'm sure they do :hammer:

Make an appointment to talk to them. I'm sure they can help you out.

CaptainMichael

tigsmom said:
Michael, do they have career counselors at school? I'm sure they do :hammer:

Make an appointment to talk to them. I'm sure they can help you out.
Unless WDI moves to New Orleans or a Harry Potter or Mickey Mouse pops up in my head, I will be a lawyer by 2012....I think...

Connor002

Original Poster
Uponastar said:
You cannot be serious!
How could you possibly find fault with a day like today?

Too hot.
I still have to were a uniform, remember?

Besides, all those cute bird chirps and whatnot are annoying. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom