Rumor Wreck-It-Ralph Attraction Likely to Replace Stitch’s Great Escape

owlsandcoffee

It's fine as an attraction, but it has the unique distinction of being completely and utterly unjustifiable in the land. Even if many others are a stretch and only work if you fudge the theme, there's absolutely no way to reconcile Laugh Floor with Tomorrowland.
Oh I agree. I still think that Tomorrowland's true unifying theme is Transportation, or at least it used to be.

James Alucobond

Oh I agree. I still think that Tomorrowland's true unifying theme is Transportation, or at least it used to be.
I feel like that's more the case with World Discovery in EPCOT now, though PLAY! will muddle it. Present-day transportation with Test Track, near-future transportation within the solar system with Mission: SPACE, and far-future intergalactic transportation with Cosmic Rewind.

Goofyernmost

LF is fine, Timekeeper looks like it was better, and I'd prefer something like that, but most visitors aren't going to want to sit for a theater show if it's not engaging like LF is.
You had to stand for Timekeeper. The theater at the time had been a wrap around show with 9 different screens that wrapped around you 360 degrees. Thus the character 9 eyes. For the first time I am glad that Timekeeper isn't there anymore. No one could replace Robin Williams as the Timekeeper and using his voice at this point would just be sad.

mary2013

It's fine as an attraction, but it has the unique distinction of being completely and utterly unjustifiable in the land. Even if many others are a stretch and only work if you fudge the theme, there's absolutely no way to reconcile Laugh Floor with Tomorrowland.
If the theme is SCI-FI, it sorta kinda fits - laughter as an energy source. 🤷‍♀️

Now I want fudge.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
From the previous thread, FYI...

I've scoped this out earlier and got similar numbers:

SGE: 18.4k sqft / .42 acres
Snacks and shops: 9k sqft / .2 acres
Total: 27.4k sqft / .64 acres

Peter Pan: 13.5 sqft / .31 acres

So, yeah, you could have a repeat of one of the shortest and lowest capacity dark rides in that space. ;)

For comparison, Buzz is .55 acres.

View attachment 285644

doctornick

So, does any insider want to spill the beans here? Do we know if something is actually approved for this space? And if so, what kind of ride/attraction - reusing the old theaters or something new? And will it take over the adjacent retail space that is closed and reported not going to reopen?

Auntie Gravity is still open, correct?

Goofyernmost

Oh I'm aware, and I agree with the rest of your comment. My point more so is if they could bring back a quasi-inspiring Circle-Vision show I'd be happy.
There has been at least two, if not three in there at this point and none seem to have a long life because people don't like to stand up even though they would have to twist their head almost off to see a 360 degree movie while sitting. I often wondered how many people have been to the Muppets 3D in DHS and noticed the Swiss Chef up near the ceiling straight back. I've had to point it out to everyone as we were leaving the theater.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
A returned Timekeeper attraction would be dream come true! And a good way to pay homage to the late Robin Williams.

But "current" Disney would more likely create a show based on Loki's Time Variance Authority. And in all honestly that could work really well with the Stitch harness effects. Heck, the plot could still be a prisoner transport. (Variant) Miss Minutes as the preshow? The place-setting even fits the retro vibe of Tomorrowland.

Last edited:

owlsandcoffee

There has been at least two, if not three in there at this point and none seem to have a long life because people don't like to stand up even though they would have to twist their head almost off to see a 360 degree movie while sitting. I often wondered how many people have been to the Muppets 3D in DHS and noticed the Swiss Chef up near the ceiling straight back. I've had to point it out to everyone as we were leaving the theater.

Perhaps, if we're imagineering...you could put the seats on a plate and spin them around. Opens up some dynamic options a la UoE.

I am aware of the chef, haha! Probably not many.

EricsBiscuit

Anything is possible! Just add enough pixie dust!

choco choco

Not to go round and round with the whole "what to do with the Stitch space" but wouldn't a busbar dark ride be practically impossible nowadays? ADA compliance, OSHA etc. Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Tomorrowland to have a dark ride but would it even be possible in one of the preexisting spaces so often brought up. Just curious.

I'm confused. What part of a busbar dark ride is not ADA compliant, or OSHA compliant??

Goofyernmost

Much, but now I have to say... this ain't China. We excel in lazy here! I never had a problem with standing (until age set in) and I also understood that there was no way to get the entire feel of being in the middle of the show if you didn't look to the left, right and straight behind you, so if the show was good enough standing was fine with me. Still do in the Canadian Pavilion I believe. It's been a few years since I last saw that film.

pdude81

Much, but now I have to say... this ain't China. We excel in lazy here! I never had a problem with standing (until age set in) and I also understood that there was no way to get the entire feel of being in the middle of the show if you didn't look to the left, right and straight behind you, so if the show was good enough standing was fine with me. Still do in the Canadian Pavilion I believe. It's been a few years since I last saw that film.
I believe he was referring to the China Pavilion (Wonders of China and Reflections of China) as opposed to the country.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom