Would you stay at Disney Campground if that was the only way you could go?

Would you stay at Disney Campground with a tent if that was the only way to go?

• Yes

Votes: 85 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 37.5%

• Total voters

Matt and Kelly

I absolutely hate camping and not having the nessecities of say indoor plumbing, but if that was the only way I could ever return to WDW, then I'd bite the bullet and rough it for a little while.

MMFanCipher

I've camped at FW before, a pop-up not a tent, but we were only there to sleep most of the time. They have the cleanest comfort stations; showers, bathroom and laundry room; I have ever seen at a campground. Like someone else said - air mattress and sleeping bag. Good to go.

hillernj

camping

for the first 20+ years of my life Ft Wilderness was the only place to stay @ Disney, every spring break it was pack up the camper or motorhome and we were off to disney for two weeks. i havn't stayed there on a decade but only becase my parents have gotten rid of their camper. i'd tent it, i have no issue with that

awalkinthepark

I'll stay in the cabins(the kids think it's 'camping')...but tent camping is too much...hubby has a bad back, my kids would be bathroom obsessed meaning that I would have to take them to the comfort stations every 20 minutes...and dishes??!?!....I'd get stuck doing those too..by hand! Luckily I live 45 minutes away...so tent camping out of desperation isn't something I worry about....day trips are my worse case scenario.

My husband will stay deluxe or the cabins only. He found a toenail in an All Star bathroom and he was turned off for life...and moderates hold no appeal...but he LOOOOVES those cabins and the boat ride to the MK.

Jimmy Thick

Ugh, no way.

I go on vacation to relax and enjoy my surroundings, toughing it out in a tent is not my idea of a good time.

Jimmy Thick- Plus, no bikini babes...

happymom52003

I'm with you! I don't do camping. My idea of "roughing it" is room service. Okay well maybe that's a little of an exaggeration but you get the point. I have camped before (not at Disney) and found it to be waaaay too much work & misery for little to no pay-off. Seriously. The in-laws all had a great many laughs at my constant sweeping out of the tent. I HATE DIRT! There are many other wonderful places to go in this country where I could stay in a nice resort with lovely amenities without having to camp. I'd skip WDW, go to San Antonio to the Hyatt Hill Country, then go to WDW when I can stay at a resort hotel w/no camping involved. I'm a city-girl, too. The hubby, however, takes the boys camping/fishing so they do get their boy experiences without me being subjected to the dirt and crud.

I'm with you! I HATE camping. I don't think I could do it, even for Disney.

And I LOVE The Hyatt Hill Country Resort...we are actually going there very soon.:)

Optimus Mouse

Sleeping outside in 90+ degree heat, 90%+ humidity, and getting slowly stung to death by bird-sized mosquitoes all while knowing full well that the comfort and luxury of the Yacht Club is just miles away? That actually sounds pretty close to my idea of hell.

mp2bill

I stayed at the campground twice for 2 weeks each during the month of July and I loved it. Granted, I was 8 and 14 at those times, but I don't have a huge problem camping. Especially when, for the most part, you're only sleeping at your room. $200 a night is a lot to spend for a place to sleep.

That said, I prefer staying at a resort, but I'd have no problem camping if I had to.

mp2bill

Sleeping outside in 90+ degree heat, 90%+ humidity, and getting slowly stung to death by bird-sized mosquitoes all while knowing full well that the comfort and luxury of the Yacht Club is just miles away? That actually sounds pretty close to my idea of hell.

I highly doubt that you'd be sleeping in 90+ degree heat. It only gets to 90+ degrees at the height of the day in full sun. With all the shade at the campground and the fact that most people sleep at night, the temp is not the problem. Humidity, I'll give you that. Mosquitoes? Are you sleeping outside? Most people that camp use these things tents, which are usually keep the mosquitoes out unless you keep opening the door flap.

mp2bill

I absolutely hate camping and not having the nessecities of say indoor plumbing, but if that was the only way I could ever return to WDW, then I'd bite the bullet and rough it for a little while.

You do realize that they don't make you dig a slit trench, right? There's indoor plumbing...you just have to walk outdoors before using it.

japatzke

Gimme one of those folding lawn chairs and a poncho liner and I'd sleep in the TTC parking lot!! So with that in mind a tent at Fort Wilderness would be a step up!! HECK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Of course my first stay on Disney property was camping at FW, though in an RV

sublimesting

I am shocked by the NO answers. I thoughtfor sure tiswas a slam dunk YES answer 100%. I spend aout 9 hours in my sleeping quarters and a tent or under the stars would not deter me in the least (also, it is not that hot at night at all, you wouldn' need a blanket but definitley wouldn't be sweating. Plus, you're at Fort Wilderness...we aways used to camp there. And there is still electricity....

Nope. I would stay in a camper though - even if it was just a little pop-up one. As long as it had an AC unit I would be just fine. No way am I doing a tent though.

~Amanda

Graham9

Nope. No way. Zip. Ziltch.

If we come to WDW, it is always in our terms, in one of the hotels of our choosing. If not, sorry - we're not coming. Period.

Which is why we are not going this year.

SpaceCowboy

I wouldn't do it. I enjoy camping and the outdoors a great deal, but I would not camp in a tent at FW. My fiance and I stay at the Fort as much as we can, but in our RV. I dont want to spend all day at the parks and then spend the night out in the same elements I was in all day. My Disney vacation is not when I want to sleep in a tent.

All in all it depends how often you get the chance to go and how bad you want to go.

Minnie1976

No way would I stay in a tent, but I don't. Camping is staying in one of their cabins or years ago trailers. Also you never know when it is going to be cool at Disney. I've been there in December, and it was hot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom