Would you stay at Disney Campground if that was the only way you could go?

Would you stay at Disney Campground with a tent if that was the only way to go?

• Yes

Votes: 85 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 51 37.5%

• Total voters

maggiegrace1

um..yes...have you ever stayed at FW in a tent?..We stayed in a full size van one december...took the chairsout and put a mattress in there..and it was the best time ever!

I am a girl who needs a hair dryer and straightner and a mirror..the comfort stations are great and I brought a mirror and sat on an ice chest and dryed my hair at the site..:D

I would do it all again also...though I prefer it not be the summer months..we camped in a tent at FW every year for 2 weeks in August growing up..6 of us and I have the best memories!..:D

sweetpee_1993

Absolutely not - I don't sleep in a tent for ANYONE, not even the Mouse. I wouldn't even do it if they promised that Harrison Ford would be sharing it with me - NO TENTS!

I'm with you! I don't do camping. My idea of "roughing it" is room service. Okay well maybe that's a little of an exaggeration but you get the point. I have camped before (not at Disney) and found it to be waaaay too much work & misery for little to no pay-off. Seriously. The in-laws all had a great many laughs at my constant sweeping out of the tent. I HATE DIRT! There are many other wonderful places to go in this country where I could stay in a nice resort with lovely amenities without having to camp. I'd skip WDW, go to San Antonio to the Hyatt Hill Country, then go to WDW when I can stay at a resort hotel w/no camping involved. I'm a city-girl, too. The hubby, however, takes the boys camping/fishing so they do get their boy experiences without me being subjected to the dirt and crud.

Frightful

Absolutely! FW is supposed to be one of the nicest campgrounds in the US. Our trip next May was a camping trip when I first started planning, but the extra time required for driving down (among other things) influenced me to upgrade to a value, and then a moderate. I definitely WANT to do it one day though.

I used to think I was an indoor girl, but then I learned about the world's greatest invention: music festivals. Living outside can be a great experience.

WDW_Emily

I want to say yes but if I was really put in the situation I would pass. I couldn't do 15 hours in the parks and then sleep on a tent and do it all the next day....

Mickey is King

If this was the only way to be able to go to Disney that year was to camp out with a tent no RV or pop-up tent camper just a plain old tent in the ground would you still go to Disney?

I know if that was the only way I could go I still would do it just suck it up for that year and I HATE camping. But I love Disney more than I hate camping so I would do it.

It is Florida- reptiles.........BUT, I'm sure people do it all the time:)

but an air matterss, good pillow, good to go....what about showers though??????? do they have them on site for campers?

chances are you will only be there mostly to sleep:snore: anyway, enjoy.

LOL!! No, never. I honestly found Wilderness Lodge to be too rustic for my taste and would have to think twice before staying there again. Therefore, a tent is not even in my vocabulary.

Horizons1

Wait, you mean there are other ways beyond sleeping in a tent to stay at WDW?

In all seriousness, of course I would stay in a tent. Camping is awesome.

saltmom1

Sheesh ! Some people's idea of camping. A tent, a cooler, an air mattress and a pillow is good enough. What you cant cook over an open fire (without utensils) Yes- that means sticks -can stay behind.
Now THAT's camping. And yes I am a female and long beyond 25.

AEfx

There is a very clean Motel 6 about three minutes from MGM that almost touches Disney property that is like $30/night. If you have your own vehicle, it's cheaper than staying at the campground, plus you get bathrooms/running water/etc.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I camped there... I hated camping in a driveway with a picnic table and a grill not to mention the surrounding RV's and waking up in the mugginess. I prefer camping in New England with a campground that has dirt sites waking up to the dry cold air and being all bundled up in a huge sleeping bag. Waking up in fort wilderness in a tent is worse than waking up with cold wet feet.

mike10

Original Poster
There is a very clean Motel 6 about three minutes from MGM that almost touches Disney property that is like $30/night. If you have your own vehicle, it's cheaper than staying at the campground, plus you get bathrooms/running water/etc.

True but when you count in the parking ($12 a day), the gas you put in DHS (MGM) may not be as bad but the rest of the parks so say at worst 5 bucks a day that right there brings you up to $47. The time where it will be better is outside of value season when the price of camping goes from $47 to $116.

The same price as camping at Disney during value season. Camping gives you running water and bathrooms too :lol:. You just have to walk to it and share it unlike a resort where you have your own.

Pooh'sBuddy

When we go camping, it's for two nights max - that's as much as I'd take with taking my stuff to a community bathroom to shower and do my hair. Presuming we are going to WDW for a week, the only way I would camp is with the promise that there are no Brazilian tour, cheerleading, band or football groups.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom