Would you go to WDW if......

Would you still go to WDW if your job seemed sort of "iffy"? The ressies are made!

• Yes! I'd go and perhaps make this my last "hurrah"

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • No, I'd be afraid that I might need my money if my job goes down.

Votes: 12 22.2%

• Total voters

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A friend of mine is having a dilemma. She is not Internet savvy, so I told her I'd post this poll for her and let her know the results.

Please vote and make any comments that you have!

mwitkus

as long as everythings booked and mostly paid for, i'd go for it... i'm actually facing a similar situation - we have reservations for october fo this year and i am facing a layoff this week... it's mostly paid for, so we will be going anyway...

Erika

I would go, but then again I am not the mostfinancially responsible person in the world. I could be living in a box and would probably still go to Disney if I happened to stumble across a few hundred bucks.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I happen to be in a situation similar to your friends. My reservations are made and I still plan to go. I will know by june 1st if I will be laid off or not and my trip is on june 14. So if I don't have a job WDW might be a bit of a bummer but then it again even the thought of it always cheers me up. Win win situation I guess.:lookaroun

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Heck yeah I would go... I went right before I was laid off and right after I was laid off....:lol: Help me take my mind off of all the Corporate BS, and escape into my happy place. :) :wave:

mwitkus

Originally posted by Erika
I would go, but then again I am not the mostfinancially responsible person in the world. I could be living in a box and would probably still go to Disney if I happened to stumble across a few hundred bucks.

:lol: me too! i guess that's why i'm not worried about my potential layoff next week! but hey - you only live once - i'd rather enjoy it! (my sis and i always have this argument - she has the nice house, nice car, nice clothes - and stays home and does nothing - i have the not so nice house, the run down used car and clothes, well ok - i do like to shop - but i go away more than i'm home - weekends, weeks, whatever - if i can find the time from work i do it.... we'll worry about the $$ later on...

:D

Scooter

Being the eternal optomist I am I would go.

If I was losing my job I would NEED to do something to make me smile.

I heard a story one time about a family that put all their spare change in a jar for emergencys. The husband lost his job. When he went out to look for a job and didn't find one, he came home and his wife had a FEAST on the table waiting for him. He screamed at her " We can't AFFORD this food...why did you dip into the emergency fund jar?!!"

His wife replied..."This IS an emergency..if you ever needed to be happy..it's NOW! Now shut up and eat..and enjoy!"

While I know it's a silly story...there's a little bit of truth to it.
When your down...a Disney Trip can cheer you up, clear your head, and refresh you so you can rest up and charge back into the work force well rested and with a good attitude.

wannabeBelle

I would definitely go!!! And on top of that Id update my resume and go see Casting about getting a job!!!!! Talk about the eternal optimist!!! Belle

TinasTravel

This was mine and my DH's situation!

We worked for the same company for about 2 years. I was doing the accounting and saw that the company was in trouble. This went on for several months with the owner barely managing to keep the company going.

We had planned to vacation in Orlando in March 2003. We talked about it for several months prior, wavering between going or not. We finally decided that the business had lasted this long, it would probably continue.

We had a great 2 week vacation, also visiting friends and family in Florida. We came home and went into work the following Monday. Just as we were about to clock in, our boss said he had to talk to us first. He then told us that we both were laid off. He paid my husbands 2 week vacation and had us sign up for unemployment as temporarily laid off so it was easier.:hammer:

We still have friends at work that keep us informed. The company is still limping along, but barely.

We're just glad we were able to have a great time for those 2 weeks. It relaxed us so that the layoff wasn't so stressful.

Now I've started my own travel agency and my DH is starting work in a few weeks. Everything is working out okay.

I am already planning a November Disney trip and both of us are planning to go to MouseFest2003 in December.:wave:

Dayma

I was faced with this situation a few months ago when my division was having "issues" but I decided to just go for it. I decided it would take my mind off all the corporate bs....

I transfered to another division and all is good, which means I will enjoy Disney even more!!!!

Snowflake82

We just made reservations for November, even though I found out that I will be losing my job in August due to my company being acquired. I feel a little bit guilty about spending the money, but I am hoping for the best in terms of getting another job. At least, I got plenty of advance notice. The trip is definitely giving me something to look forward to!

wdwforus

Well I would imagine that most people would have a majority of the trip funded and would go anyways. What would you do with the money if you didnt go? Are you just going to sit around waiting for another job to fall in your lap? I would probably just not spend as much there as I would like to have spent if I knew my job was more secure. When I was a kid my parents got a really big tax return one year. They knew there were things around the house that could use some monetary attention but did they do that?........nope they packed all 3 of us kids into the wagon and 3 days later we were at my Aunts in Tampa. It was one of the most fun vacations I can remember and eventually the things that needed work got done. Tell her to go....have a good time...relax and enjoy it....who knows when she will be able to go back.

AKA_Boo

I would and I did!

I was laid-off from my job in September and already had a trip booked for early December.

It was a great way to keep my mind off of my job situation. We had a great trip! I was more relaxed than I had been for months. I would definitely do it again.

Captain Cab

As for me, I would not go. I'm one of those people who are really uncomfortable about spending money on unnecessary luxuries while being unemployed. To me, occasional weekend road trips are fine during periods of unemployment, but a major vacation is completely out of the question. However, once I do get a job I can guarantee you that I will get to WDW and be able to completely relax and enjoy myself.

Jenevra

We were facing this issue a few months ago when we were planning out trip. But Disney is so much fun and such a great escape from the "real world" - so we went for it! And everything worked out in the end. Even if things are up in the air, you still have to have some fun in your life or your worries will drive you nuts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom