Worst queue at WDW...

Jerriko

waiting to get on the monorail to head to your car on the last night of your visit to Walt Disney World.....now that is the worst queue. :)

Most queues at Disney are themed...if the queue is not to your liking then it's a perfect time to meet some new people in line with you. :wave:

just be thankful they are not like your average amusement park with just metal railings and concrete...

imagineer boy

Soarin easily... The blue lights are cool, but other than that, there is virtually no themeing. Especially the bare, yellow hallway at the beginning of the qeue.

flscooman

The music in Buzz does get loud and annoying. How about the show tunes done by bugs in its Tough to be a Bug talk about loud and annoying.

DivineMadness7

I'm surprised that so many people are saying Soarin. It may be low on theming but it's indoors and not crammed. It's sort of a relaxing atmosphere to me, really, all that blue.

The worst in terms of overflow beyond the beginning of the actual queue is Space Mountain. I always see the line backed up and if you are just walking through that area, you have to walk around the line. I dunno if they just get hit with crowds and have too much spare queue roped off or what.

My vote for worst overall is any that are outside. Or Peter Pan, but I haven't waited in that line for so long it's become a distant memory. It's one of those "once every 10 years" sorta rides for me :lol:

JasonP

Wow I am surprised no one said Space Mountain. But I already agree about BTMRR, on a hot day that ride can get to you. Or how about the old Alien Encounter that would just sit stagnant for a while in the heat, then at the end you get put into a pen where everyone pushes and shoves to get to the front.

CThaddeus

...Lights! Motors! Action!, which explains why I've only ever seen the show once (and I actually came in late, so I didn't even have to wait in the corral).

Hands down, this gets my vote. Hot, dull, and then the show is exactly the same. I see no reason I could ever want to subject myself to this again. Narnia also sucks (it's really just one neverending queue), but at least there's some shade here and there.

Edeyore

Obviously all lines are awful when they are long. A more popular ride like Soarin' is just bad for the wait. The two worst have already been mentioned. Peter Pan, hot, hard surface with the long sweeping queue, with metal railings. The other is BTMRR. I honestly feel it is the worst. I love the ride, but you are in line and each time you think you are about to get near the ride your just in another stretch of the queue.

Edeyore

How about the Best

Just to throw two threads into one. What do you feel are the best queues and why?
I always liked POC. The temperatures were usually a little cooler and the surroundings give you a feeling of the atmosphere of the ride to come.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
two for consideration

for me the worst queue at disney is the one for ellens energy adventure no shade and a nice reflective building to nicely roast you.

the worst queue is by far the queue for the departure gates upon leaving at orlando international:hammer:

dizzney

My vote goes for Lights Motor Action, we nearly fainted from the heat after standing on that concrete, did it once, will NEVER do it again!

2 days and counting!!!!!!!!!!!11:sohappy:

Chezman1399

You beat me to it! PETER PAN! It's HOT and you're crammed in this very close snaking line and walled in through part of it and just when you think you are about to go left into the last of the queue, you realize it goes along the outer wall farther away from the ride...

:fork: :lol:

Also in the Peter Pan line there are opening for gutters from the roof in the cement area beneath the shields, just hope it doesn't start pouring when you're on the ground, otherwise you will get wet in this line.

Fun2BFree

Worst queue? Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. Period.

Best queue? Tower of Terror. Shade, misty gardens, ominous music and awesome theming... not to mention the occasional cry from the tower above. :D

earldw28

Wow I am surprised no one said Space Mountain. But I already agree about BTMRR, on a hot day that ride can get to you. Or how about the old Alien Encounter that would just sit stagnant for a while in the heat, then at the end you get put into a pen where everyone pushes and shoves to get to the front.

I absolutely love Space Mountain's queue, I can't imagine why anyone would dislike it. Anyway, DUMBO is by far the worst.

coltow

Worst: Pater Pan, BTMRR, HM - these always seem to some how trap the heat in, anytime we've waited I swore I was melting

Best: POTC - complete opposite, this place always seems to be so much cooler.

Vernonpush

Worst: the queue for the bus to get back to your resort at closing time.
There's nothing like waiting in line when you're exhausted and having a child in a stroller with the family in front of you "spill protien :hurl:" all over your feet.

Philo

I didn't like:

Sounds Dangerous
Lights Motors
Malestrom
Great Movie Ride (I can't remember what I didn't like about it, I just remember that I was fed up waiting in the pre-show room)
Primevil Whirl

I'm sure there were others too but they spring to mind. There are however far more brilliant queue systems than there are bad ones.

Eyorefan

I absolutely love Space Mountain's queue, I can't imagine why anyone would dislike it. Anyway, DUMBO is by far the worst.

I think once you are inside Space Mountain is cool. Its the standing outside in a line that has nothing around it with people walking trying to walk though you that is annoying.

As for me, I always like the rides that have a theme to their que. I think Dumbo has to be the worst though, no theme and you are out baking in the sun for at least an hour.

shoppingnut

Soarin, those games are annoying and standing on an incline hurts your legs after a while. I liked it better when you actually learned something about each environment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom